Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

O rishta, rishta, wherefore art thou my rishta.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: i just want to say...  (Read 777 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« on: Jun 22, 2011 11:56 AM »

covering a sphere with paper/fabric is not as easy as it looks or sounds. after making 5 balls (as in ... 1 football, 1 soccer ball, 1 golf ball (which i threw out because it looked awful), 1 cricket ball)... i realize why they have such complex patterns on them - it's a NECESSITY.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2011 12:04 PM »

salam

You sis, are hilarious, you honestly did not know this prior to attempting to cover a sphere with material? Did you go in thinking you could do it with one sheet of material and be done in five minutes?? Cheesy

I have wrapped many an odd shaped gift in my time, so I know just how difficult a non square object is to cover with paper or material!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2011 09:29 PM »

wsalam,

might i recommend gift bags  oldshaykh they are great and come in all different colors and sizes and u can just stuff some bright tissue in there with the present Cheesy
 present present
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2011 11:15 PM »

So actually... we were invited to a costume party - and my husband didn't want to wear a costume - so I came up with this "brilliant" idea to make paper mache hats representing different sports for all 4 of us. But of course, I had to go overboard and instead of just buying tubes of paint, I bought felt and leather to decorate the hats with. Took me 4 days to make.

To make things REALLY funny.. we get to the party and NO ONE except me, my kids, and the host (husband, not wife - who was an FBI agent), were dressed up. My husband ditched his tennis ball as soon as he realized no one was wearing a real costume.

My daughter was sooo happy though... so I sucked it up, and put my hat on with her.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2011 05:25 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

...we were invited to a costume party…

So if I understand this right, the hosts issue an invite to come in costume but don't dress up themselves? [An FBI agent is not a costume, it's just a black suit!]

Isn't that like inviting someone over for a dinner party and then serving finger food and snacks? bro

Or have I just been to too many disappointing wedding receptions in my time? Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2011 10:15 PM »

salam

lol sr JustOne!  Maybe you can post pictures of those ball hats!!

You should have won a prize for the most innovative costume idea!

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2011 03:25 PM »

Salam alaikum

good for you, making those hats!! do post some pics!

and thanks to Br Khalid, I now get the FBI thing: I thought the husband was an FBI agent (in real life), and he dressed up anyways (good for him), or perhaps the wife was the FBI agent (in real life) and she wouldnt dress up, you know, all Mulder and Scully...or more uptight Scully!! hehehe

Wslm
S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: