// Rape as a tool to Control
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Gülü seven dikenine katlanır. (Who loves a rose will endure its thorns.)- Turkish Proverb
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rape as a tool to Control  (Read 1183 times)
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« on: Jun 24, 2011 09:25 PM »

Salaam,

These past few days/weeks/months/years more and more you read about sexual assault / rape etc being used by others to control and instill fear in people. I just read this article about Iranian Jails and how the govt is allegedly distributing condoms to convicted felons to rape activists that were jailed : http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/24/jailed-iran-opposition-activists-rape?INTCMP=SRCH. On top of that, we all have been hearing about the rapes of primarily women during these "Arab Spring' uprisings across the Mid East/ North African region. And of course, in other parts of the world, Africa, Asia, etc et et these things keep on happening. Just thought I'd bring it to light. I'm disgusted.

peace and happy Friday.

Much love
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2011 09:34 PM »

wsalam,

very ugly indeed. it hurts me so much to hear about mass rape being used as a part of war. how evil is humanity to do such things Sad like it's one horrible thing if there's someone who has psychological problems or whatever, but how can "sane" normal people order others to do this, and a great number of others! or abuse their power so much so as to do this as part of a strategy!! ugh

small comfort that these poor women will get their justice one day, but sad they even have to.

anyways happy friday to u too lala and praying for all of us
ws

Akram
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Akram has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2012 06:47 AM »

This is really ugly.War is responsible for this.
We have to protect this type of war.

peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2012 02:32 PM »

It is so ugly and fearful. I often think about how a rape victim copes with the psychological trauma afterwards. May Allah protect us all.
We grew up on thick diet of bollywood movies where often  sucide was the only available to the rape victim as the society won't allow her an honourable life. When i was around 10 one day my father (as my mother had passed away) specifically sat down to tell me that if anything this unfortunate ever happened to me Godforbid then I must never ever think of taking the extreme step. Few parents want to open up this topic with their daughter as a result there are way too many girls who decide to kill themselves for this.
In the last two months since I became a girl's mother I have become overly sensitive to such issues . Inshallah I will educate my precious little thing on every such issue.
Akram
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Akram has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012 06:24 AM »

Sorry i had sent you a message addressing as Brother

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: