// Tony Blair 'reads the Koran every day to stay faith literate'
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them. - Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony Blair 'reads the Koran every day to stay faith literate'  (Read 1068 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jun 25, 2011 04:28 AM »

Wow surely if Tony Blair reads Quran everyday we can too  bebzi

=======================

Tony Blair 'reads the Koran every day to stay faith literate'

He was notoriously reluctant to discuss religion while Prime Minister, with his chief spin doctor Alastair Campbell famously commenting: ‘We don’t do God.’

But since leaving Downing Street in 2007, Tony Blair has become increasingly open about the importance of religion.

Mr Blair, who converted to Catholicism months after leaving Number 10, has now spoken of how he reads the Koran every day.

Reading the Islamic religion’s holy book - considered by Muslims to be the exact words of God - ensured he remained ‘faith-literate’, the former Labour leader said.

In an interview with the Observer magazine, published yesterday he said: ‘To be faith-literate is crucial in a globalised world, I believe.

‘I read the Qur’an [Koran] every day. Partly to understand some of the things happening in the world, but mainly just because it is immensely instructive.’

Mr Blair believes that a knowledge of the faith informs his current role as Middle East envoy for the Quartet of the United Nations, United States, European Union and Russia.

The former PM’s work, which has cost British taxpayers more than £2million, aims to help resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Mr Blair has previously praised the Muslim faith as ‘beautiful’ and said the Prophet Mohammed had been ‘an enormously civilizing force’.

In 2006 he said the Koran was a ‘reforming book, it is inclusive. It extols science and knowledge and abhors superstition. It is practical and way ahead of its time in attitudes to marriage, women and governance’.

But Mr Blair has also faced the devastation wreaked by violent jihadists who interpret the Koran as a call to arms.
Mr Blair said reading the Islamic religion's holy book - considered by Muslims to be the exact words of God - ensured he remained 'faith-literate'

Mr Blair said reading the Islamic religion's holy book - considered by Muslims to be the exact words of God - ensured he remained 'faith-literate'

He was Prime Minister when the July 7 suicide bombers attacked London in 2005, murdering 52 innocent people.

Not only does reading the Koran support his peace envoy role, it also gives him something in common with sister-in-law Lauren Booth.

Journalist Miss Booth - Cherie Blair’s half sister - raised eyebrows after announcing last October that she had converted to Islam after what she described as a ‘holy experience’ during a visit to a shrine in Iran.

Mr Blair also used the Observer interview to dismiss claims he was on a Christian ‘crusade’ when taking Britain into the highly divisive war in Iraq.

His former constituency agent John Burton said two years ago that Mr Blair ‘believed strongly at the time, that intervention in Kosovo, Sierra Leone – Iraq too – was all part of the Christian battle; good should triumph over evil, making lives better.’

But the ex-Premier said: ‘People still ask me if military decisions in Iraq or Afghanistan were based on some kind of divine instruction. It’s rubbish.
‘Of course not. Just as I couldn’t go into a corner and pray to ask God what the minimum wage should be.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2002883/Tony-Blair-reads-Koran-day-stay-faith-literate.html#ixzz1QFr8Hbb9
moderatesufi
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2011 11:19 AM »

Tony Blair is a liar.

The Daily Mail is the most anti-Muslim newspaper in the UK.
It isn't just Muslims it demonises but all brown people, we just get a different much higher level of its hatred.
It is a extreme right wing Zionist pro-war newspaper.
It is owned by Rupert Murdock, a Rabid Anti-Muslim racist Zionist.

There mainstay is writing anti-Muslim articles. When nothing happens involving Muslims, they often fabricate facts or entire stories to demonise Muslims.
I am not just saying they bend the truth to demonise Muslim, they often make up stories from start to finnish to demonise Muslims.

People in the UK are familiar with the Daily Mail.
People outside the UK should remember this about the Daily Mail when every they read anything on it.

Tony Blair is a Muslim Killer, a Muslim hater, an sworn enemy of Islam.
mujaahid
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
mujaahid has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2011 11:48 AM »

I wouldnt take anything Blair says seriously. The man is a known liar and his lies led to wars in which many thousands of innocent people died.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2011 07:25 PM »

I myself had been looking to Bush and Blair as enemies of the highest order. But Allah can change anybd! Prophet prayed to Allah to win Umar Ibn Kattab(or Abu Jahl), and Allah answered. Cant we do the same?

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2011 07:44 PM »

^^^ That's true and optimistic ... but at the same time society is so odd. People say things to  appease other people and get what they want? I don't know. Allahu Alam. 
mujaahid
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
mujaahid has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2011 10:36 AM »

I myself had been looking to Bush and Blair as enemies of the highest order. But Allah can change anybd! Prophet prayed to Allah to win Umar Ibn Kattab(or Abu Jahl), and Allah answered. Cant we do the same?

We need to look at what Blair is doing, his work as a middle east "peace" envoy, where he still promotes wars on muslims through regime change, his continued support for Israels barbarism against the Palestinians. We judge people based on their actions, not on what we cannot see. Whats in his heart is between Blair and Allah (swt). Whats in his actions (wars on Muslims) is between Blair and the Ummah.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2011 12:45 PM »

I agree with you. And we have all the right to hate him. Just trying to point out that whatever harm sb does to you, returning it with similar harm, though permissible, only worsen things.

If he does that for Muslims, then he's no good at all. May Allah continue to make Islam prevail over them.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: