Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadaan preparation 2011  (Read 1630 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« on: Jun 30, 2011 09:08 AM »

Salaam alaikum!

So, that time of the year again...starting with preparations for Ramadaan!

Any tips on what to do to make this *the* *bestest* *Ramadaan* *EVER* ?  Share your thoughts...

Here are mine:
- Trying to fast days in these months (Rajab& Sha'baan) as often as possible, in preparation
- Give up coffee/other stimulants (I have, otherwise I get awful headaches and withdrawal in Ramadaan, not good!)
- Start by making proper plans, in writing about what you intend to do...it focusses you and will be a reminder
- Quraan Quraan Quraan: if you dont read everyday, start by at least reading Surah Al-Kahf on a Friday, or Surah Yaaseen when you can...it gets you in the groove
- Do start praying all the Sunnah prayers now!  So that you dont feel it so much when you want to do other nawafil in Ramadaan (going from 4 rakaats to 31 in one go is wayyy hard...(thats my calculation for Esha Fard without anything else, to Esha plus Sunnahs plus Taraweeh plus Witr...hope the maths is ok:))
- Do take leave in Ramadaan if you can.  Guys, I had exams in Ramadaan last year, and it was tought!!! But this year alhamdulillah, am able to take a couple of days off.  Will still be writing up my thesis, but should have the bulk of work done before the holy month, so I can concentrate on the other stuff I want to do

Ok, share your ideas...lets get in shape for Ramadaan, the earlier you start the better! Smiley
Salam
S.

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2011 01:03 PM »

salam

I am definitely going to try and take the last week of Ramadan off work inshallah, just so I can be with my girls actually.

Also going to be trying to fast a couple of days a week in the run up to Ramadan inshallah, it's always the first fast that totally knocks me out, so hopefully inshallah I'll be aclimitised to it if I fast before Ramadan.

Other than that I am really looking forward to it inshallah. The peace and calm that descends with Ramadan always surprises me.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2011 05:23 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Some really good advice there Sr Shahida and definitely in these summer months in the Northern Hemisphere it makes sense to take some time off work if at all possible.

A practical recommendation could also be to start sleeping less and get used to being awake at night since the time between the end of Tarawih and Suhoor gets shorter and shorter in summer.

Practising the art of taking power naps during the day may be a useful exercise bro

On the topic of preparation here are a couple of interesting quotes:

It is said that the month of Rajab is for abandoning of  repulsive  deeds, Sha`baan is for good deeds and fulfilling trust, and Ramadan is for truthfulness and purification.

Rajab is the month of repentance to Allah, Sha`baan is the month of garnering the love of Allah, and Ramadan is the month of drawing near to Allah.

Rajab is the month of recognizing the sanctity of Allah, Sha`baan is the month of diligent service to Allah, and Ramadan is the month of gathering blessings from Allah. 

Rajab is the month of worship of Allah, Sha`baan is the month of asceticism for the sake of Allah, and Ramadan is the month of spiritual increase from Allah.

Rajab is the month of in which Allah multiplies good deeds, Sha`baan is the month in which Allah accepts atonement for evils, and Ramadan is the month in which Allah advances noble miracles.

Rajab is the month of the foremost, Sha`baan is the month of thrift, and Ramadan is the month of those who are disobedient.

[Sh Abdul Qadir Jilani]

Rajab is for abandoning destructive things, Sha`baan is for performing much acts of obedience, and Ramadan is for the expectation of noble miracles.

Rajab is the month of planting  the seeds, Sha`baan is the month of watering them, and Ramadan is the month of harvesting.

One can only harvest what has been planted as one can only reap what is sown.

Whoever forfeits the planting of seeds and tending to them will regret when the day comes for harvesting.

His conjectures will fall far below the evils of his ending

[Dhul Nun al Misri]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Cinders
Sis

Reps: 254

« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2011 11:40 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum Smiley

InshaAllah we make it and prepare for this Ramadan to be the best ever and you find this to be beneficial in someway

Please forgive me for anything displeasing I may have said or done Smiley

My sis sent me this list. I hope this helps.

6 weeks before the start of Ramadan

1.'Wake up Call' week.
- Recite the following dua to make it to Ramadan. Do this repeatedly throughtout the day and every day leading up to Ramadan.

Allahumma barik lana fi Rajab wa Sha'ban wa Ballighna Ramadan. (O Allah! Make the months of Rajab and Sha'ban blessed for us, and let us reach the month of Ramadan. (i.e. prolong our life upto Ramadan so that we may benefit from its merits and blessings) (Bukhair, at - tabarani and ahmed)

- Write down all the positive things that you did last Ramadan as well as those areas that need improvement with the aim of maximising the benefits of this Ramadan,  insha'Allah.

- Start to read books about Ramadan, This will help you get into Ramadan mode and you will also learn about the do's and dont's of fasting which is important if you want to derive maximum benefit from it.

2. 'Heart Focus' Week
-Ask for forgiveness, (Tawbah Nasooha)
-Listen to islamic lectures. Choose a scholar and topic that you feel will motivate you and get your heart into the the right state.
-Read Islamic books about self-development and purifying the heart.
-Do your very best to pray all your salah on time
-ensure you pray the sunnahs prayers with the fard prayers.
- actively focusing on improving your khushoo in salah by spending more time on it and concentrating on what your saying.
-Allocate time to doing tasbeeh and istighfar, especially after salah.

3. 'Fasting and Quran' Week.
-make up mixed fasts
-start fasting Mondays and Thursdays
-Involve your family and friends and encourage them to fast as well.
-Allocate a certain amount of Quran to read every day and ensure that you read this amount regularly.
-Get an English translation and a tafsir book to help you understand the Quran and read these regularly.

4. 'Night Prayer and start thinking about charity' Week.

- If one of your weak points is getting up for Fajr, now is the time to get this right by going to bed early and setting the alarm for Fajr time.
-Start to pray Qiyam ul layl after Isha
-Start getting up for Tahajjud you only need to wake up half an hour before you normally would for fajr. pray tahujjud, do dhikr or read Quran till fajr.
-Agree with a friend or family member to wake each other up for tahujjud
- think of ways you can benefit your community and the Ummah with charitable acts.  Be imaginative, try and involve as many people as you can and remember that even the smallest act of kindness counts as charity.

5. 'Increase your efforts and allocating Zakat and Sadaqah' week.

-Spend more time than you usually do in reading and understanding the Quran,
-Focus even more on your salah - start reading salatul doha for example.
- increase the number of rakkah you pray for qiyyam ul layl and Tahajjud
Increase the time u are spending on tasbeeh and istighfar
-Allocate your zakat if you are due to pay it.
-Allocate the amount you want to pay for sadaqah in Ramadan and set it aside. As you do so, make an effort to read about the plight of those less fortunate than ourselves.  this will make you grateful and wanting to do more for charity.

6. 'Connecting with family and friends' week

- Organise a family get together
- Contact all of your family, those who live locally as well as those abroad, to wish them the best for this Ramadan.
-Organise goody bags for your family and friends' children to get them excited about Ramadan.
-Take time out to sit and talk/listen to the people you live with as it can be so easy to take them for granted.

Ramadan daily checklist.

Make a list of things you want to do every day during Ramadan and tick them off as each day goes buy:-
For example....

Daily Activities: -
-Pray 5 fard prayers with Sunnah
al-mu'akkadah
-Pray Taraweeh
-Read one Juz of the Quran
with translation
-Spend time doing dhikr
-Perform an act of charity
-Eat Sahoor properly
-Avoid swearing, lying and backbiting/gossiping
-Lower gaze,
-Learn a hadith or ayah of the Quran, and teach it
to someone.

The three levels of Fasting in Ramadan

Imam al Ghazali writes about the following categories of fasting:

First level: Ordinary Fasting
this level requires abstention from three things: food, drink and sexual satisfaction.  This is the minimum requirement and the reward is given accordingly.
Second level: special fasting
Keeping one's ears, eyes, tongue, ahnds and feet free from sin.  For such people just abstaining from the minimum requirement is not sufficient, thus they take care not to say, hear or do a wrong thing. As they restrain their organs from all kinds of prohibitions, they are rewarded accordingly.
Third level: Extra-special fasting
This fast involves abstaining from all unworthy thoughts, loves, desires and wishes in total disregard of everytihng except the thought and remembrance of Allah. This is the perfection of tawhid (oneness of Allah). One may physically be present in the world but the internal self is exclusively engaged towards Allah.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2011 06:44 AM »

salam,

this looks really nice1!

----------------------

http://ramadanprep.com/
For 10 consecutive days before Ramadan, each day we will have a special speaker and a special topic, to help us all prepare for Ramadan and welcome it.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2011 10:51 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

InshaAllah just over two weeks to go before Ramadhan begins.

May Allah allow grant us life to be able to witness the month and may He have mercy on those who have passed away and for whom Ramadhan 1431 was their last.

We sometimes forget how truly blessed we are to be alive.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2011 01:28 AM »

Imam Tahir’s 5 Simple Steps to Prepare for Ramadan

As salamu ‘alaykum,

As Ramadan approaches, it is imperative that we begin thinking about how we can benefit most from the journey ahead of us. Here are five simple ways through which we can prepare for this blessed month:

1) Intention (niyyah): Make the sincere intention that you want this Ramadan to be a sacred and special Ramadan.

2) Make a plan: Plan how you would like to spend each day this Ramadan. Postpone things that can be postponed, and focus on activities that will benefit you, insha’Allah, in the hereafter. Here are some examples: Set a target for how much Qur’an you will recite, and make a plan for when you will recite it. Set a target for how many prayers you will pray at the masjid, and make a plan for how you will reach this target.

3) Make a du’a list: Make a du’a list and include the following: a) your needs for this dunya; b) your needs for the hereafter; c) the needs of your family members and friends; d) the names of your friends and family members. A great book to have for du’as is Accepted Whispers.

4) Serve (khidmah): Go beyond just yourself and your own needs during the month of Ramadan. Before Ramadan begins, find an avenue for community service so you can serve others throughout the month.

5) Charity (sadaqah): Figure out how you can spend less on yourself so you can spend more on the needy during Ramadan. Begin calculating your assets, so that when Ramadan begins, you are ready to pay your zakat and sadaqah.

We pray to Almighty Allah that we are blessed with a fruitful and beneficial Ramadan, during which we may become closer to Allah. Ameen.

Cinders
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2011 01:39 AM »

Salam all, check out the these short vids... I'm posting 2 out of 3. Tomorrow I'll post 3 out of 3 Insh'Allah

http://video.l3.fbcdn.net/cfs-l3-snc6/232019/801/235640053133659_34016.mp4?oh=73fd8b8ad95405e786b4935ce47ac595&oe=4E335100&l3s=20110727172200&l3e=20110729173200&lh=03b01fa8b2c0d0427bb55

http://video.l3.fbcdn.net/cfs-l3-snc6/232021/331/138551459564563_24457.mp4?oh=411b26d820942a32aa02edbaf1289471&oe=4E335100&l3s=20110727172200&l3e=20110729173200&lh=07860c996bce235886fb2

Cinders
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2011 01:01 AM »

Salam all,

As promised, 3 out of 3 (short vids) in order to prepare for Ramadan.

http://video.l3.fbcdn.net/cfs-l3-snc6/232085/806/138960476190328_46631.mp4?oh=2e6aadec25404ccf70bd2d2a83469c3c&oe=4E349A00&l3s=20110728164544&l3e=20110730165544&lh=0d170484c8ff774f366fd

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: