// methi leaves
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Vigilance: The Prophet said: 'A believer is not stung from the same hole twice.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: methi leaves  (Read 1906 times)
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« on: Jul 04, 2011 04:08 AM »

Salam,

My husband bought methi leaves by mistake from the grocery store. I originally asked him to look for  purslane, which is not very common/known here.

Anyways, what can I cook with  methi leaves??

thanks!

p.s. purslane is a herb which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins E and C. it is a great addition to any salad.  a picture can be found at the following link:

http://weeds.cropsci.illinois.edu/images/Purslane/index.htm
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2011 10:46 AM »

we put it in mince (beef or lamb)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2011 10:56 AM »

salam

We put it in meat dishes, it gives a a gorgeous aroma.

We also put it in pakoras it tastes yummy!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
moderatesufi
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2011 11:15 AM »

Make tea with it, a cup of methi tea a day will keep arthritis away!
um aboodi
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2011 10:35 AM »

thanks for the suggestions! they are so helpful.

take care
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2011 12:50 PM »

I don't know anything about methi leaves, but (if you live in the US) you can find purslane plants at many gardening stores or the gardening department at Walmart or Lowes.  I had a batch of purslane growing in my back yard last year.
um aboodi
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2011 04:21 PM »

salam

Jazaki Allah khair sr. rahma.  I will look for purslane for sure at walmart.  I am in Canada though, so hopefully it is available here as well.  Lowes, the ones that are here anyways, don't sell food, just home hardware stuff.  Maybe in the future they will move into selling produce and food as well, who knows.  We always seem to be few steps behind the US.

take care
moderatesufi
« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2011 06:11 PM »

I don't know anything about methi leaves

Then you should learn about methi.
It is also called, Fenugreek.

It is very useful in both cooking and traditional medicine.

rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2011 04:40 AM »

Lowes, the ones that are here anyways, don't sell food, just home hardware stuff.

Our Lowe's also has a garden center.  I found it in with the potted plants...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: