// IMF rape victim Muslim woman from W. Africa
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet. - Plato
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMF rape victim Muslim woman from W. Africa  (Read 1860 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 18, 2011 06:41 PM »

This is horrifying and so wrong. Why would a man as powerful as this with so much money do this to this poor woman. Apparently she is a single mother with a child and wore hijab! La halwa wala qawwata illlah billah.

===========================
From NPR: http://www.npr.org/2011/05/18/136412953/after-complaint-imf-chief-s-arrest-was-swift
The Alleged Incident

As spelled out in court, by police sources and in news reports, the maid entered the hotel suite where Strauss-Kahn was staying, thinking it was empty. She walked into the suite, called out to make sure nobody was there and, when she didn't get an answer, went to the bedroom area to begin cleaning. At that point, Strauss-Kahn walked out of the bathroom naked. The maid apologized and turned to leave, but she made it only as far as the foyer. Strauss-Kahn allegedly ran up behind her, closed the door, locked it and dragged her into the bedroom where, according to the criminal complaint, he forced her to perform oral sex. The maid told the police that she broke free and ran out of the bedroom, but was caught again and dragged this time into the bathroom, where Strauss-Kahn once again tried to force her into sexual acts. She broke free again, and this time managed to escape. She immediately reported the attack to her supervisor, and the hotel quickly called the police.

Though one can imagine the hotel management wringing its hands over offending a VIP customer, there apparently was no hesitation about reporting the alleged sexual attack. According to police sources, "there just was never any doubt." When the police got there, "the whole staff knew." The woman had a good employment record. She is a 32-year-old West African immigrant, a Muslim who wears a headscarf, a single mother and a "hard worker." Sources said that just from her demeanor, the people at the hotel could tell she "had been victimized, and badly victimized."

From Yahoo:

The Associated Press does not name victims of alleged sex crimes unless they agree to it. But in the days since the alleged attack in Manhattan, details are beginning to emerge about Strauss-Kahn's accuser.

The woman came to the United States under "very difficult circumstances" in 2004 from Guinea, one of the world's most destitute countries, said Shapiro, her lawyer.

Guinea's average annual income of $1,000 per person is lower than Haiti's and Rwanda's and about the same as Afghanistan's, according to the CIA World Factbook.

The woman's daughter, then 8, came with her. The girl's father is dead, and they have no other relatives in the United States, Shapiro said.

"They are very much alone in this world," he said.

The United States gave the pair political asylum, he said, though he was unsure of the reason.

The woman found work as a chambermaid in hotels, he said, eventually landing a job in 2008 at the French-owned Sofitel Hotel on 44th Street in Manhattan. The hotel said she was a satisfactory employee.

The woman and her daughter moved into an apartment building in the Bronx about 10 months ago, said Zulema Zuniga, who lives on the same floor. The neighbors would occasionally meet in the elevator and say hello.

"She was very nice," Zuniga said.

But this humble immigrant life was shattered, police say, on Saturday afternoon, when the woman entered Strauss-Kahn's suite at the Sofitel to clean the room.

Strauss-Kahn came out of the bathroom naked, chased her down a hallway and pulled her into a bedroom, the woman told police. Then he dragged her into a bathroom, forced her to perform oral sex on him and tried to remove her underwear, she said.

She broke free, fled the room and told hotel security, but Strauss-Kahn was gone by the time detectives arrived, authorities said. They arrested him soon afterward on an airliner that was just about to depart for Europe.

Brafman said he is confident his client will be exonerated once all the physical evidence is collected.

Shapiro, a personal injury attorney, said he was put in touch with the woman through a mutual acquaintance. He said they had not discussed the possibility of a civil lawsuit against Strauss-Kahn.

Media attention has made it impossible for his client to return to her house or to work, Shapiro said. This week television crews and photographers hung around the employee entrance of the Sofitel and loitered outside her apartment, hoping for a glimpse of her.

Shapiro said his client is now in a "safe place," but would not elaborate.

"Her life has now been turned upside down," Shapiro said. "She can't go home, she can't go back to work. ... This has been nothing short of a cataclysmic event in her life."
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011 07:18 PM »

salam

Hasn't he been found guilty? I thought I read that he had.

That poor woman. & now the media is making her life hell, why can't they leave her alone. She won't want her face plastered in the papers.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011 01:55 AM »

As salaamu alaikum --

Hasn't he been found guilty? I thought I read that he had

The case goes before a Grand Jury first.  If the Grand Jury determines  there is evidence of a crime then he will be indicted and turned over for trial. 

What a nasty case. If the charges are true, then he really is a sociopath that needs to be kept locked up.
maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011 02:47 PM »

SubhanalLah
YA ALLAH, pls see this woman thru this and may we never experience somthing of this nature or even close
moderatesufi
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2011 10:18 PM »

In front of her husband as well is the Cameras!

It isn't just maids.

http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/img/obama_to_dsk.jpg
moderatesufi
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2011 02:17 PM »

As expected, he has been released.
Did anyone think a Jew can ever be prosecuted in America for attacking a Muslim?
I didn't really mean he was released?
He wasn't really imprisoned, was he?

The ladies private parts being covered with bruises doesn't prove anything. All that he needs to to to prove that she is lying against him is to say Antisemitism a few times.

Sort of like what Israelis do then they stamp on the heads of babies, or kill children to export their kidneys to America. Shouting antisemitism can make anything go away.
It is a get out of jail free card, works better than diplomatic immunity.

When we read about this guy being released for what he did, we should also read about this guy being found guilty for what he did.
http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=4470.0

Beating someone, and covering them with bruising is consensual if the man is a Jew and the Lady is a Muslim.
Actual consensual  sex is rape, if the lady thought the Muslim she seduced was a Jew.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2011 04:53 PM »

Salam,

Dude this isn't about a Jew and a Muslim unless people make it become this. There are some very serious complexities in this case.  How do you prove rape against an extremely powerful man. Reading the details you can't really get DNA, and you can only just deny it wasn't consensual. It becomes he said, she said. And now especially when (they are saying) you lied on some official papers. Lying once officially in the US makes you a criminal and they use that against you forever. This poor woman. May God help her get justice.

I find it interesting that I read India has a law where even if the man claims it was consensual the law will consider it rape. Just like statutory rape in the US. If it's with a minor even consensual it's considered rape.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2011 05:08 PM »

India has pretty tough laws against men in terms of sexual crimes and domestic abuse. The women just has to file a case and it's almost certain that she will win, even if the charges are false or whatever. Nobody bothers to investigate, the man is almost always declared guilty.
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2011 06:51 PM »

this made me really upset.

so a woman lies about being gangraped to get asylum.  everybody lies to get asylum.  so she makes a mistake about claiming the number of dependents on her 1040 tax form. so what? an dependent exemption only acts like a $2500 tax deduction. that is hardly a big deal.  people make those kind of mistakes all the time

DSK's legal team are a bunch of scumbags.  they have even insinuated that the victim was a prostitute -- and that's why DSK jumped on her.  OMG! what a bunch of pigs.

the fact is the guy jumped on a maid.  is this normal?  maybe french men do this every other day. but in america, nobody jumps on a maid, and it is never consensual. NEVER! this is bizarre, outrageous behaviour.

finally, in regards to the rape laws in South Asia -- well, we have laws for EVERYTHING! however, the ones with regard to the abuse of women are rarely, if ever practiced.  rape is endemic in South Asia.  it happens ALL THE TIME!  guys, are never prosecuted for it.  the shame culture here (women get blamed), and the lack of education among women, and the lack of desire of the authorities are the reason why these crimes rarely come to court. it is not a coincidence that Pakistan and India and Afghanistan were ranked among the 5 worst places for women to live.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/15/worst-place-women-afghanistan-india

moderatesufi
« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2011 03:32 PM »

Jannah this wasn't a typical rape case where a girl friend and boy friend, who regularly have sex one day decided to sleep together after a date, and the next morning the girl says permission wasn't given for anything more.

These two people weren't dating. She saw him for the first time when she entered the room as part of her job, to clean up.

And she left it bruised and battered, with the bruises on her private parts photographed. And the man has a history of sexual assaults.

In the United States of America, Zionist Jews are above the law and Muslims are beneath it.

Remember the accusations against Mick Tyson?
He was convected even though he was dating the lady he was accused of raping. She wasn't battered and had no bruising. And she had a history of making false rape accusations.
And yet he was convicted.

Sisters here need to ask themselves, what is the required level of evidence to convict a man in America of raping a Muslim?
It looks like they are free to do it without fear of incarceration.
Muslim women really need to learn how to defend themselves. It is better you end up in prison for assaulting a a chosen person then end up in an abortion clinic.
Men are usually bigger than women. Muslim women should really take steps to defend themselves.
The law is no deterrent in America, so you, yourself should make yourself a deterrent.

Jannah, I know you said this isn't a Muslim Jewish issue. But that is because you know nothing at all about this man.
He is an extreme Zionist, who thinks of Muslims as vermin.
He is part of the reason why France banned the Hijab. So what do you expect from such a man when he finds himself alone with a hijab wearing Muslim woman?

His Zionism is all about what happened.
Yes has has sexually assaulted many women before, and yes he believes he believes he can because he has always used is wealth and power to silence the victims. But why did he choose this victim?
Others were his employees, this one was someone he just met?
So Islam, Judaism, Hijab and Zionism, have all to do with what happens.
Just as it has all to do with what happens when Zionist soldiers sexually assault Muslim women in Palestine.
Look, he is someone who gives unconditional support to Israel. And gives his full support to ever war crime they commit. He supports their torture, murders and rapes. He also supports Frances forcible undressing of covered Muslim women.
So why on earth would anyone think when he attacks a Hijab wearing Muslim women, it is nothing to do with Islam and his ultra Zionism?

[Edited by Admin: See Constitution]

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2011 07:56 PM »

wsalam,

I can see your point where you might think someone who is an extreme Zionist and hates Muslims would have no problem raping a Muslim woman maid and that hate could have even been the motivation for him to do something against those he hates. But, not every Jewish person would do that and not ever Zionist. So it's better if we don't generalize. The thing is, powerful people in politics get away with things that ordinary people would not. The power and money just corrupts them to the extent where they think they can get away with things especially against people that are weaker and lower than them and have no status or money to defend themselves.

Another famous case recently has been in India. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/31/shiney-ahuja-bollywood-jailed-raping) Some Bollywood star was accused of raping his maid. This was back in 2009 and it took 2 years to finally convict him through the evidence and the law that I mentioned before was probably the only thing that convicted him. She even withdrew her testimony and changed her story! But he's still not in jail. He's appealed yet again and no date has been set.

So while we like to think it's always a certain religious/ethnic group that gets away with these things, unfortunately it's more complex than that.

moderatesufi
« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2011 09:04 PM »

Jannah, I think were going to have to agree to disagree on this one because I know to much about Israel and its supporters to think anything else.
Zionism by its very nature is racism, and extreme. It isn't just a mild form of racism, were a racial group bands together for mutual protection.
It is racial supremacy of the worst kind. One where a small group have been declared a chosen race, while others only exist as beasts of burden or vermin to be exterminated.

And you are very wrong that Strauss-Kahn behavior is anything but typical Zionist behavior.
Israel is the world leader in so called sex slavery. Women and under aged girls are kidnapped and transported there from all over eastern Europe.
This isn't even considered a crime in Israel, and these brothels function without hindrance.
We are talking about the importation of about 5000 women and girls a year. In a country as small as Israel, this means rape is a common pass time not an unusual abomination.
And this is the mentality of Strauss-Kahn, he supports each and every action of Israel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: