Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadan's longest day this year  (Read 2473 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« on: Jul 05, 2011 08:41 AM »

This straight up scares me!  Shocked But inshaAllah we'll get thru it. This article is from Dubai. Over here our first fast is 4:15am to 8:16pm that's...16 hours and 1 minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  faint

==================
Ramadan's longest day this year

Fasting on the first day of the month to last 14 hours and 50 minutes, calendar expert says

Muslims who fast during Ramadan this year will experience the longest day of the fasting month in 26 years, according to a calendar expert here.

"The first day of Ramadan will be the longest day as Muslims will have to fast for 14 hours and 50 minutes," said Ashraf Nourul Haq Ashraf, head of the Calendar Department at Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities in Dubai.

Ashraf said Muslims will fast for the longest duration during this Ramadan, after 26 years.

He told Gulf News that the first day of Ramadan is expected to be on August 1 and the dawn (Fajr) prayer call will be at 4:26am, while dusk (Maghrib) prayer will start at 7:06pm. Those observing the fast, stop eating and drinking 10 minutes before dawn and end their fast at dusk (sunset).

The minimum duration of fasting during this Ramadan will be 14 hours. During the first few days, fasting will be for about 14 hours 50 minutes, while the last few days of Ramadan will see the duration reduced to about 14 hours only as the length of the day will start getting shorter by that time.

Precautions

The first 10 days of Ramadan will see the duration of fasting come down gradually from 14 hours 50 minutes to 14 hours 28 minutes.

Ashraf urged all those who will be observing fast during Ramadan to avoid direct sunlight and take precautionary measures.

Heat alert

This Ramadan is also going to be one of the hottest months of this summer. According to the weather office, the temperature throughout the month will be ranging between 40 and 45 degrees Celsius.

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2011 10:21 AM »

Salam alaikum

I love that smiley, falling down on the floor exhausted!

I just printed out prayer times for Germany, and it's like OMG!!! Fajr at around 2:50am and maghrib at 9:30pm.  By the time Ramadaan comes, the poor europeans will be fasting around 17 and a half hours!!!

Alhamdulillah, we all get our turn to fast in summer...take it easy you guys, inshaAllah, you will all get through it and have a great Ramadaan.

Salam
S.

my actual surprise came when I saw that Esha is at past midnight!  Shocked 

um aboodi
Sis

Reps: 268

« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2011 10:32 AM »

salam

May Allah make our fasts easy.  Insha'Allah there is more ajr with the increased hardship.

salam

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2011 12:01 PM »

salam

Esha time during summer Ramadan always ends up past midnight, taraweeh will prolly be very interesting!

I'm booking time off work now!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2011 12:07 PM »

wsalam,

Shahida I guess you guys are the 4pm one's now huh Smiley Ahhh the good ole days!

Umm aboodi ameen!

Fozia that's pretty crazy. Ours is 10pm, hopefully we'll be done by midnight! Maybe you could work out different hours that are a little later! Or else sounds like you guys are going to be sleeping on the tube! Smiley

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2011 12:43 PM »

salam

They do adjust the times but Taraweeh is never done till the wee hours of the morning, my dad and brother tend to just stay up till suhoor and then crash after Fajr!

Alhumdulillah  I have ample annual leave, I'm faintly apprehensive about working out logistics, but I'm going to be spending my days in an air conditioned office (not slow baking on the tube I hope!), so no biggy!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2011 03:56 PM »

Alhamdulilah, our Ramadan never has weird timings. The longest day in any Ramadan would probably be from 4:45AM-7PM and the shortest would be 6AM-5:45PM. Taraweeh never goes beyond 10:30PM unless you're going to those 5juz or 10juz ones. Another benefit of living in a third world country Grin or is it because of living near the equator? Wink

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2011 08:55 AM »

Salam alaikum

alhamdulillah, this Ramadaan our days will be shorter: maghrib around 5:30ish getting a minute or so later every day.  And Fajr is late, also around 5:30ish.  And Taraweeh will be done by 9:30pm at the very latest, so thats good, cuz it is freezin cold here...Smiley

I'll be gone a couple of days, but should be back in time to wish everyone a blessed Ramadaan.  So take care inshaAllah,

Salam
S.

tq
Sis

Reps: 189

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2011 01:11 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Yes this year and the years to come , the ramadan days will be longer and hotter Smiley . I remember when I was a kid(loooong time ago) we started fasting in summer in Pakistan and the fasts used to be very long, but they were in during the summer break so it wasnt that bad. I am more worried about my oldest two, school for them will start on Aug 11 .
May Allah swt make it easy for all of us and may we all make most of this blessed month, Ameen.

Wasalam
tq

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: