// What if's & if only's...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Never give one whose heart is deviant access to your two ears, for surely you never know what may find fixity in you." - Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if's & if only's...  (Read 791 times)
Noonoo
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Noonoo has no influence :(

« on: Jul 08, 2011 03:57 PM »

Salam,

I have read somewhere that "what if's & if only's" opent the door for shaytan. I can't find where I read this, but can some explain this or elaborate? O find myself doing this a lot.

Thank you
Salam
moderatesufi
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2011 04:08 PM »

Things are clearer if you look at the whole thing, instead of just a word or two.

“Seek the help of Allah and do not succumb to feebleness. And when an affliction strikes you, say, "Allah has decreed this, and He does as He wills.'' Do not say, "Had I done this or that, this or that would have happened, because "if'' opens the door wide for the work of Shaytan.'' (Muslim)

Noonoo
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Noonoo has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2011 06:17 PM »

Are the "what if's" FROM the shaytan or are the from ourselves?

I know I have posted a lot but I am really struggling.

Salam
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2011 09:43 PM »

salam

It's important to remember that whatever has happened to you was never meant to pass you by. It was written.

Sometimes we think something is good for us but we don't know what the actual realities of it would be.

I know it is seriously irritating when people say this, but try and be patient make dua to Allah and inshallah Allah will give you something better than that which you feel you have lost.

Take care.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2011 06:14 AM »

salam,

A good thing to do is to study more about what Qada wal Qadr (the Islamic concept of fate/destiny) means. What does it mean that Allah has decreed and willed everything? What does it mean that we have choice in the things we do? What does it mean that some things are meant to be. The more you study this concept of Fate/Destiny in Islam, you'll begin to lose the urge to always ask 'what if and why and why me etc' that we all have.

It's interesting that in Islam we are given the opportunity to erase our past through repentance. We can also try to change our future and present through Dua. And when something bad happens to a believer, if they have sabr and remain faithful they are rewarded, and if something good happens and they are thankful, they are rewarded. Sometimes bad things happen and we don't realize it at the time but it turns out to be a good thing/wisdom for us, or a test and sometimes when we commit a sin or something we are fine with at the time, but realize later how bad it was. We don't know the future, or the whys of things. Only Allah knows the true nature of things.

In the end, there's basically no reason why we should ask "what if" because it's already happened and it was part of Allah's decree. We may think "oh if only I did this", but if something was meant to happen to you, you can't sidestep it. Now we can only try to "fix it" by repentance or be true believers by "acceptance". And we must move on in this caravan of life and not dwell on theoretical things that don't exist.
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2011 08:37 AM »

I think sr. noonooo your trouble is that u assume problematic situations and get anxious about them. Like "what if such and such happens what will i do then" Isn't it? This thought pattern is bound to lead to anxiousness, worry and depression. Why should we look for total security all the time? No human being is secure. Its upto Allah to keep us in security or expose us to harsh winds. There is nothing any human can do but pray nad have patience.
IF'S open wide doors for Shytan to enter ur mind and mess up with it. Anything can happen anytime and believe me the misfortunes that befall are rarely the ones u have lost ur sleep over. They are different things which we did not even think of. They are from Allah and the capacity to bear them is also from Allah. Live one day at a time. Our prophet said that and so did Jesus (PBUH) and so do all the mental health professionals around the world. Enjoy each day by doing things that excite u. Read Quran translation like a psychology book. Look between the line. And because none of us are going to enter Jannah without a test wait for that rough time to come and be glad about it because that will be ur opportunity to perform well (with sabr, and faith) and qualify for Jannah. And till that time comes just enjoy everyday. Look around and u will not find a single person without atleast one major problem in life. So why should u be left long without one  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: