Welcome Guest, please login or register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim Singles Spring Tea Ottawa Apr. 20, 27  (Read 6431 times)
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« on: Mar 05, 2008 03:53 PM »

Asalaam Alaikum, please circulate this invitation with your friends and family! When forwarding this email, please ensure the attachment is included. Thank you!

North American Muslim Matrimonial Links (NAMMLINKS.ca) is pleased to invite Muslim Singles to Ottawa, Ontario for Spring Tea Events in April. These two upcoming Tea Events are sponsored, in part, by Muslim Community Services of Ottawa (MCSO.ca).

The Tea Events are fun, casual gatherings featuring icebreakers, social activities, tea, coffee and sweets. The Tea Events are for Muslim singles (ie. never married, divorced or widowed) from all cultural backgrounds.  Due to the popularity of our events and feedback from past participants, we are organizing our upcoming events for different age groups on the following dates: 

The Spring Tea on Sunday, April 20th, from 1:30-3:30 pm is geared for ages 19-35. 

The Spring Tea on Sunday, April 27th, from 1:30-3:30 pm is geared for ages 30 + .

Please also note that Muslim Singles in their mid-30s, and singles for whom age is not a consideration, are always welcome and invited to register for both Tea parties.

Participant Registration Information:
Register today! Limited Seats & ONLY Advance Registration. Deadline to register is March 31st, 2008. Participants are limited to a max. of 20 males and 20 females at each Tea.  Registration is also capped to ensure an equal gender ratio. After following the 3 Steps below, you will receive an acknowledgement of your registration request, however your registration will only be confirmed by NAMMLINKS on or before April 5th.

Steps to Register:
1) Complete the attached questionnaire.
2) Ensure it fits on 1-page (if not, please adjust font size to ensure your text fits on 1-page).
3) Attach it in an email to nammlinks@yahoo.com. Depending on which Tea Event (or both) you would like to register, please type in your email Subject Line: "Tea on April 20" or "Tea on April 27" or "Tea on both April 20 and on April 27".

Cost: $10 (per Tea Event, payable on-site)

Location: Bayshore Recreation Centre (2nd Level, Party Room), 98 Woodridge Crescent. Ample free parking. The Centre is located on the street behind Bayshore Mall. 

Volunteers:  Interested in helping with the Spring Tea Event on April 20 and/or April 27?  If yes, and you are able to attend the Volunteers Meeting on Sunday, April 6, 2008 from 1:30-3pm, please email NAMMLINKS at nammlinks@yahoo.com by March 15th, to confirm your interest as a volunteer. The venue for the Volunteers Meeting is the Bayshore Recreation Centre (Party Room, 2nd Level), 98 Woodridge Crescent.

In closing, for your reference, we have included some answers to your questions below. If you have any further questions or comments, we'd appreciate hearing from you.

Wasalaam, Abdul Raheem & Sameena
www.nammlinks.ca
t: 613-818-2828
e: nammlinks@yahoo.com

Tea Event FAQs: 

Q:  I am single but I feel uncertain, afraid or too shy to come to this event.  What would convince me to come?
A:  Consider this event an opportunity to meet people (both brothers & sisters) and perhaps you could bring along some friend(s) who are also single.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  At the very least, you would have had a nice afternoon outing.  Also, note that the popularity of this event attracts singles from other cities so, you will likely increase the pool of people you may know of.  There are no obligations.

Q:  Is there an equal ratio of men and women who attend?
A:  Yes, registration will be capped to ensure an equal ratio of men and women. That's why it is important for people to register as soon as possible, and certainly by the deadline.  There is a max. of 40 participants (20 males, 20 females). A waiting list will be administered should the maximum number in each gender category be obtained.

Q:  Is this event open to all cultures?
A:  Yes, this is very much a multicultural event open to all Muslims living in Canada and in the United States of America. NAMMLINKS' previous tea events took place at the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) Conference in 2007 and there were other Tea Events in 2007 and 2006.

Q:  If I think I might be interested in someone I meet at the event, is there any way that I can follow-up after the tea event?
A:  Yes, there are post-event services offered to those who may be interested.

Q: I live in Montreal, can I attend this event?
A: Yes.  Some Muslims from Montreal and as far as Hamilton have driven to our past events.  During our tea events at Canada's ISNA Conference in May 2007, we had participants from across North America. We anticipate that the word-of-mouth is attracting more candidates from other cities also.

Q:  I am divorced.  Can I come to this event?
A:  Yes.  Any Muslim who is legally single is invited.  This means only those who have never been married, divorced or widowed are welcome.

Q:  What is the age range of participants?
A:  Participants at NAMMLINKS' previous Tea Events have ranged in age from 19 to 67. To reflect the need of having two events to divide the age range, somewhat, NAMMLINKS is pleased to coordinate two tea events geared for two age groups.  Note that the key word here is "geared" because we recognize there may be candidates for whom age is not an issue, and who may be interested in attending both tea events.  For this reason, we permit candidates to attend either or both events should they wish and pending space availability. 

Q:  I have a young child.  Can I bring my child with me to the event?
A:  No, sorry, we don't offer a babysitting service.

Q:  I am a parent and my son/daughter is too shy to come to this event and I wish to go on their behalf to check out the types of single people who are available.  Can I do that or can I participate along with my child at this event?
A:  No. Instead, we encourage you to support your child by encouraging a single friend or single relative to accompany him/her.  There are no married couples or married individuals who come to the event.  The only exception to that is the presence of the married volunteers who are on-site as part of the event management. This policy is designed to maintain the comfort levels of the participants.

Q:  Is there a space for prayers at this venue?
A:  Yes.

**********************************************************************************************************
North American Muslim Matrimonial Links (www.nammlinks.ca) is a volunteer-run community matrimonial service based in Ottawa, Canada with the purpose to:
Inform and equip participants with marriage-related information to help in finding a spouse and in maintaining a happy, healthy marriage;
Provide opportunities for networking, sharing information and resources in order to build on the expertise and experience of Muslim matchmakers, marriage counsellors and educators; and
Increase networking and awareness of common and specific issues relating to Muslim singles and couples living in North America
Events are organized in an entertaining manner to facilitate communication in a comfortable, public environment and with Islamic values. 
sarasara
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2009 04:21 PM »

Assalamualaykum!

When you will have a tea event in Ottawa Canada ?

safiasara@gmail.com

Jazakum ALLAH bilkhayr
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2009 05:20 PM »

asak
Out of curiosity- does the title- "Spring Tea" get the attention of our single men?

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
sarasara
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2009 09:17 PM »

Assalaamualaykum,

I can not find to post information about the next tea event in Ottawa Ontario. When next time will be this event?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009 05:47 AM »

The information is right there in the post:

The Spring Tea on Sunday, April 20th, from 1:30-3:30 pm is geared for ages 19-35.

The Spring Tea on Sunday, April 27th, from 1:30-3:30 pm is geared for ages 30 + .

See the website for more information: http://www.nammlinks.ca/

This is great...totally reminds me of Jane Austen's time of social etiquette where they'd have these teas and balls and things to meet eligible partners lol
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009 03:36 AM »

uh... this is for last year...
Deadline to register is March 31st, 2008.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2009 07:41 PM »

Ooooh Ok Now I get why she keeps asking... probably a good idea to email them as their website doesn't work: nammlinks@yahoo.com

ws
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: