Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 24, 2014 05:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a day 15th Shaban!  (Read 615 times)
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« on: Jul 16, 2011 09:10 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum, 

Insh'Allah you are all the in the best of health and Imaan. 

Hmm, what a day!
I'm sure as most of you are aware, it's the month of Shaban & I am trying to follow the Sunnah and fast as much as I can this month in order to prepare for the guest of Ramadan. I am trying to prepare myself mentally & physically (condition my body) for the blessed month of Ramadan. 

I am fasting today and have fasted all this past week. I cannot believe it's already 15th Shaban. Just over two weeks to go. 

Well my day started differently. I woke up mid morning, which is very unusual. The kids actually let me sleep in! They just quietly played in their bedroom until it was 10am & demanded breakfast! 

I gave them breakfast & get them ready. Of course my daughter (Little madam), who is 2 yrs of age asked to watch tv. She was adamant she wanted to watch Tiny Pop! My son (Mr Man), who is 5yr old is not so bothered about tv. He's happy just to play with his toy cars. I should point out, that I am trying to prepare my kids too, hence I said "No tv today".  Usually because Little Madam cries and whinges ( I can't stand the whinging) I just give in and put the tv on. 
Anyway, one of my intentions for Ramadan is to spend quality time with my kids, & not lose patience. Patience is not my strong point unfortunately with my own kids.  I'm fine with other people's kids which is quite bizarre... Lol. 

I tell them if they want to watch tv, they can watch Islam channel. This isn't very appealing to either of them. Mr Man says he'd rather listen to the Sheikh and practice his Hifz. Alhamdulillah, I am blessed with a son who absolutely loves the Quran and loves listening to it. He's currently on Surah Al Humazah & also knows other surahs such as At Tin. May Allah always keep him this way, Ameen. 
I put on the cd, which starts from surah Al Ghashiyah. And I'm mesmerised by how much this little 5rd old knows, Subhanallah. 

We read some stories from the Qu'ran together, and learn about Prophet Adam (AS), Prophet Nuh (AS) and Prophet Hud (AS). 

Anyway, as their father is not here right now and won't be for Ramadan either.  Me & the kids will be totally on our own this Ramadan, which is making me apprehensive, as usually we end up going Up North 200 miles away to my family's house and spend it with my siblings and all their families. We all get together at my parents' house and it is amazing. To all the married sisters out there who're reading this, you're prob thinking how lovely! 
Anyway, back to Mr Man & Little Madam.... Lol
 I told Mr Man, that he must become the man of the house and he is going to have a very big responsibility. He must call the adhan for Salah. He doesn't know how to call the adhan yet, so I asked him to go and get his Salah book. We practiced calling the adhan a number of times, reading in Arabic & English transliteration. 

Anyway, Alhamdulillah he managed to get the hang of it. I told him he must call the Adhan for Zuhr Salah. I put on tv and switched it over to Islam channel so he can hear how it should be said. My daughter was disappointed as she thought it might be Tiny pop, her favourite channel.  No such luck ;-).

I call my friend and tell her about this event on at East London mosque & is she going? It's like a 30 min drive or over an hour on the bus. As I'm fasting & feeling weak we agree I'll go to my local masjid for weekly halaqa & she'll go to the event in East London. Both are after Asr until Maghrib. 

Little man calls the Adhan very loudly with much enthusiasm over and over again, whilst I'm praying Salah even. I tell him to go in the other room, as it's getting distracting.
I pray Zuhr Salah & then make the kids lunch. As I'm feeding them, I decide to cook, whilst I still had some energy. I cook Aloo Ghosht (potato & meat curry). 

The kids finish their lunch super quick & after cleaning & tidying up, I have a nap and then wake up in time for Asr. Little man gets his Salah book out again & calls the Adhan again Mash'Allah. 

I give the kids the dinner & then we get ready for Halaqa at the local masjid. When we get to the Masjid, it's super quiet. Like VERY quiet and we're the only ones there. I think to myself 'Well done Cinders, you've come early". 
At the masjid, I let the kids take out their small toys, give my daughter a lollipop to keep her quiet (let alone all the sugar she's getting from the dreaded candy!) My friend sends me an SMS, asking about the event. Apparently, no one at East London Masjid knows anything about it. I check my Facebook on my phone about this so called event! Subhanallah it's not today, it's on the 22nd of July!  It's a Fair Trade fair BTW. Oopsie! I apologise to her & I feel awful. Anyway, I inform her that I've got the sinking feeling that the weekly Halaqa is not happening at the local masjid either.I  inform her I'm trying to read Quran from my iPhone & the kids are running around the masjid. She tells me she joined another talk so it was all good. Alhamdulillah, I managed to read Qu'ran for half an hour. 
She later sends me another SMS, with a :-) face, cos this could only happen to the both of us! Tweedledum & tweedledee! 

Better go, soon it's Maghrib & Iftar time. 

Ma'Salam, 
Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: