Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadhan Apps!  (Read 1934 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« on: Jul 28, 2011 06:13 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

So this is the thread to post about all those Ramadan iPhone/iPad apps that are out there!! bro

One I did find interesting was the Ramadan Daily Dua which gives you a dua for each day in Ramadhan and has all the relevant hadiths for Ramadan categorised in nice, easy to find places.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2011 12:55 AM »

Salams,

No love for Symbian and Android eh?

I make a halal bet that there are more Android and Symbian islamic apps out there than iOS apps.

The one I have is a complete digital Quran for my Nokia. Whats best is that it doesnt need you to make wudu to touch it Wink (Some scholars do say that you dont even need wudu to touch a hard copy of Quran, but its always good to be on the safe side of caution)

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2011 03:03 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

No love for Symbian and Android eh?

Good point, we wouldn't want to be accused of product placement on the Madina!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2011 03:51 PM »

Here comes the ancient homo sapien Wink
I've heard about Android, but what is Symbian?

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2011 04:11 PM »

ws,

my bro has a new android. what was really useful on there is using islamicfinder to find mosques and prayer times, zabihah.com app to find halal restaurants nearby, the iquran app to play quran and of course the youtube app to play "Upsy Daisy, don't be lazy, it's time to pray" (http://youtu.be/dcG7IGoLqAk) song about a 100xs to distract the kids Wink

ps i do not have a smart phone Sad maybe i'll add it to my eid wishlist!! but as my dad said once 'My God, it is AMAZING, my phone acts like a phone!' ... lol ok dad

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2011 05:00 PM »

Here comes the ancient homo sapien Wink
I've heard about Android, but what is Symbian?

Symbian is a smartphone OS developed by Nokia. Its mostly on Nokia smartphones and hence is probably the most widely spread mobile OS out there.

My company writes software for all the three i.e. iOS, Android and Symbian.

Btw, iOS is the OS running on iPhones and iPads.

Wasalam.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2011 05:51 AM »

Going thru my millions of emails!! Sorry if u guys sent me anything  Embarrassed

Found this one!! Well at least we can get it for next year or if we fast some extra now...

======================================
Salam,

I hope this can make it to your published posts Smiley

Although a bit late from the start of Ramadan but we're releasing the Ramadan+ App which is a must have for every fasting Muslim or Muslima.

It gives you the time remaining till Iftar, and time remaining till the next prayer. In addition to time of Imsak tomorrow, and inspirational messages. The catch isn't in just these features, but this app will be available on every website, and while you surf the web, you can immediately see how much time there is remaining for your next prayer in a click of a button.

Here is the app's poster: http://www.rifflex.com/custom_newsletters/ramadan.php

and the app itself: http://www.rifflex.com/account/app.php?id=190

I hope this will find it's way in helping a lot of muslims during this hot summer fasting and encourages them to keep on doing Good deeds.

Wa Jazakum Allahu Khayran

Kindly,

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2011 07:51 AM »

Amma finally (hehe) got me a smartphone this summer (and got herself one as well - Mine is a Samsung Infuse (Android), she got an iPhone 3GS). I have the iQur'an app that was mentioned. There are some nice ahadith apps as well, one for the 40 An-Nawawi collection as well. I'll definitely check those other that you mentioned Sis Jannah.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

Cinders
Sis

Reps: 254

« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2012 04:29 PM »

Please consider downloading the app 'myDuaa' (fortress of the Muslim) by Ihsaan Fusions who are offering app for FREE for last 10 nights of Ramadan. Looks like a great app, may Allah reward them for their generosity. Ameen.  Don't miss out!

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2012 06:22 PM »

Anything useful for a blackberry? I was actually looking for a pdf reader but never found it. And it has to be free, being a broke-recently graduated-unemployed-indian, I don't have a credit card to pay for it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: