Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Girls, would you marry a jinn?  (Read 1643 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Jul 28, 2011 12:32 PM »

salam

I'm actually quite good at investigating scary noises in the middle of the night, I tend to creep downstairs in my pj's with my mobile in hand...........a friend once asked what on earth I would do if I encountered an intruder, I told her I was planning on dazzling him with my amazing iphone apps.....OK so I've not considered that far ahead.

We do have a jinn in our house tho, creates a merry old racket if I try and sleep thro Fajr time!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2011 03:41 PM »

wsalam,

sr fozia you're kinda scaring us now Shocked we have four different floors in our house and lots of little rooms and nooks and our house is almost never empty so when it is it's very scary. u deserve a rep point for matter of factly having a jinn in your house   bebzi maybe one of the prospective questions should be 'r u a jinn' ?? lol
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2011 05:43 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I told her I was planning on dazzling him with my amazing iphone apps.....

Well apparently there is an app out there which turns your computer into a motion sensor and then sends pictures and video capture to your iPhone when it is triggered.

You could actually get a picture of this jinn!! bro

maybe one of the prospective questions should be 'r u a jinn' ??

Surely the only answer to this is "No, I'm not a Jim, my name is xxxxx" Wink

Btw I wonder if jinns are allowed to marry more than one wife Huh?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2011 06:28 PM »

salam

I swear I posted on here when I first discovered the jinn. He knocks repeatedly on the bedroom door if I dnt wake for fajr, or sometimes I hear someone calling me & wake up or ocassionally it's like I am patted awake.

I was considering requesting it do a share of household chores, what with being the only one in the house who Neither goes to work nor attends school but I don't want to anger it!

Br Khalid I believe thats a question you should put to moderatesufi, I'm sure he'd know exactly how many wives a jinn should have!

My house is little & quite cheery actually. I really don't mind having an extra occupant, so long as there's not much interaction between us I'm fine with it.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2011 06:30 PM »

I do not want a picture of it.

Knowing your house is haunted is one thing, seeing what haunts it is where madness lies.

No thank you!

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2011 06:49 PM »

I was considering requesting it do a share of household chores, what with being the only one in the house who Neither goes to work nor attends school but I don't want to anger it!

Br Khalid I believe thats a question you should put to moderatesufi, I'm sure he'd know exactly how many wives a jinn should have!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2011 07:50 AM »

I roomed with my best friend in an apartment in my last year of uni. The genesis of the cockroach question was one of our late night conversations.

But anyway, my roommate used to joke that she has 2 roommates, because we TOTALLY had a jinn in our apartment. A nice but VERY forgetful one. we used to wake up in the morning only to find 1 spoon in our scrubbed and scruffed kitchen sink...he would drink water from the fridge and drop some on the floor and forget to put the cap back on the bottle. he would flush the toilet ALL NIGHT long. and a few times we woke up to an unlocked door or an unlocked window. we were two scrawny girls, scared as anything... so one day, we sat down and had a conversation with "Uncle Jinn"...

It went something like this, "we don't mind you using our toilet, sharing our water, and using our spoons, but PLEASE, PLEASE keep the doors and windows locked. 

He never unlocked a door again.
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2011 01:25 PM »

Salam alaikum

Oh my gosh you guys!!!  Cheesy  JO, I remember you telling us about that, but Fozia's jinn is new to me:)

I have to say, I dont think I'd have been quite as cool, calm and collected  Cool as you guys are... Huh?  Here's me running for the hills niqabisis to hide!

Wslm
S.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2011 03:52 PM »

ws,

One time a new student came to an MSA barbeque at one of the local colleges, Cornell maybe. No one had seen him before but he seemed very affable and nice. He asked if he could stay with someone for a few nights because once exams started he wouldn't be able to stay in his dorm. So one of the MSA brothers agreed. He gave him some extra sheets and blankets and they set him up on the other twin bed in his room. The dorm brother did some last minute late night cramming then laid down on the bed. He asked the new brother to turn off the light. The next morning he woke up and noticed the bed was made and the new student was gone.

Then he realized from where the brother was lying down there was NO WAY HE COULD HAVE REACHED AND TURNED OFF THE LIGHT.  AND HE VAGUELY REMEMBERED THE GUY'S ARM REACHING ALL THE WAY ACROSS.  Shocked Shocked bolt No one ever saw that new student again.

PS it's funny we're having this jinn stories thread in the 'prospectives' thread! what does it say about us single ppl!!!
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 2011 04:10 PM »

salam

The stretching to turn off lights is very common, happens in madrassas loads where students board overnight & jinn children intermingle (without us knowing).

The first time the door knocking happened I was utterly terrified & point blank refused to get out of bed to do wudu & totally missed fajr. Now I'm fine with it, altho waking to someone calling my name when the only other occupants call me mummy is slightly unnerving.... Especially in the dark!

Wassalaam

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #10 on: Jul 29, 2011 04:28 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I didn't realise there was so much jinn activity in the Madina!!

PS Users online have broken the 3000 barrier today so I wonder if these ghost stories will help us break the 6802 record? Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #11 on: Jul 29, 2011 05:15 PM »

A.A.

Leave the poor jinns alone. Two of them in the stories above probably had a crush on the ladies. Jinns have hearts too ya know!!

And based on recent inputs, the title of this thread should be changed to: "Girls, would you marry a jinn?"

So, would you ??

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #12 on: Jul 29, 2011 05:49 PM »

I've a stretching story too. My uncles, when they were kids, were friends with a jinn kid for a few days. Of course they didn't know it till he asked them to close their eyes and stretched out to pick a coconut, one of them peeked and found out.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Jul 29, 2011 09:37 PM »

salams,

OK I split out the marriage questions stuff into the marriage board. I like hard2hit's topic name for our jinn stories thread Wink I gave you a rep point for creativity bro NOW STOP neg repping everyone.

Ok who else wants to share a jinn story around our campfire...and pass the halal marshmallows!!

(halal) grouphug

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Jul 29, 2011 11:47 PM »

salam

I'm not sure if I'd marry a Jinn..... How would that work, how would one go about finding out if he was a good Muslim boy etc??? 

Practically can you imagine divorcing a Jinn?

& then having half jinn kids I mean imagine explaining that to the non believing midwives!!!!!

My paternal grandparents were very poor. My grandma as a girl, used to work for an imams family, they lived in a old house. My grandma was told specifically not to enter a certain room.....so being as she was she entered the room.... She said it terified her, she felt as if she'd entered a room full of people but it was clearly empty as far as she could see.
When she told the imam he told her it was a madrassa for Jinns!

Grandma said that strange things were always happening there, if she was called away whilst in the middle of washing clothes shed come back to find the washing done & clothes hung out, food cooked floors swept etc.

This was back home in the old days so everything was done by hand.

I'm actually too scared to make jokes about this!!!!

Wassalaam

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #15 on: Jul 30, 2011 12:18 AM »

Salams,

This thread is awesome! Also post away your favorite jinn pick-up lines.

My vote is for: "Salams sis, wanna transform me into your fajr alarm?"  oldshaykh

heh heh heh

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2011 03:45 AM »

Gather round children... pirate

The first time I went to visit India I was about 11 and my cousin told me this story of a girl in the village. She was a very beautiful girl with long black hair who loved to read Quran. She was engaged to marry into a family in a nearby village. One day she was up on the Chath (rooftop that is open where ppl sleep, hang laundry, take showers from buckets and so on) and all of a sudden she just leaned over and started screaming 'saap saap' snake snake!! Then she fell over! All the way down. They tried to take her to the hospital but she died on the way. Everyone went up on the roof but no one saw the snake, and they say what she saw instead was a Jinn!!

The end.  Shocked

hey it was scarier when u were 11 Wink
akhan
Bro

« Reply #17 on: Jul 30, 2011 04:55 AM »

Jinn thread huh!!

This happened with a very distant relative of mine. Dude went to his sister's house and stayed overnight. They told him that there was a certain passage in the house that the Jinn uses and standing/sitting/staying in the Jinn's way would piss him off. Dude didn't believe them and brought his pillow and blanket and slept in the exact same place only to be woken up by the horn of a truck on the road. (I can't stop laughing whenever I see him now Smiley)

Another one - There was this Imam in my grandmother's village who lived in the time when clocks and watches were a rarity(40-50 yr old story). He woke up for Fajr, went to the mosque and led the prayer. When he looked behind after finishing the prayer, everybody had vanished, he was leading the Jinns in prayer. Later, he found out that there was still time for Fajr.

I can't remember all of them now, but I've heard tons and tons of Jinn stories. When I was in high school, sometimes I and my friends would stay overnight at someone's house to study together. After the study session, which would usually last til 2-3AM, we would have a Jinn story circle that would scare us to such an extent that nobody would be willing to go home in the dark Grin Even walking to the mosque for Fajr would be a group event Smiley

Has anybody ever seen a Jinn?
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #18 on: Jul 30, 2011 09:25 AM »

salam

H2H my jinn could just easily be female...altho when I'm woken by someone calling me it usually a male voice but I've never heard it clearly because it stops as soon as I wake up.

My dad's seen a jinn, as a boy when he was doing itikhaf, he said everyone was asleep when he suddenly woke up to go to the bathroom, on sitting up he saw a tall man dressed in white from head to toe walking up & down the middle part of the masjid where we usually pray. Guy was not one of the men doing itikhaf.... My dad didn't go to the bathroom either.

You get lots in India!

Wassalaam

JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2011 10:35 AM »

The real question is.. which one of you IS a jinn??

I'm sure Jinns are all wired up nowadays.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: