Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadan Checklist  (Read 969 times)
Cinders
Sis

Reps: 254

« on: Jul 31, 2011 10:33 AM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

Some good reminders  Smiley

Ask Allah azza wa jall to help you to reach Ramadan and to get the most out of it as the Salaf used to do

Here are a few ahadeeth to remind you of the excellence of Ramadan and fasting:  Once the Prophet (saw) said to the Sahabah (ra),

“Ramadan has come, a blessed month, Allah has made it obligatory for you to fast, the doors of the Heavens are opened up the door of hell are closed the rebellious shayateen are tied up, in it is a night that belongs to Allah is better than a thousand month,s one who is deprived its goodness istruly deprived” (an-Nasai and al-Baihaqi)

Abu Hurayrah narrated that Allah’s Messenger (saw) said, “The five prayers, one Jumuah to the next, one Ramadan to the next are all expiation of anything between as long as the major sins are avoided” (Muslim)

Abu Hurayrah (ra) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (saw) said, “When Ramadan comes the doors of Jannah are firmly opened and the doors of the fire are firmly closed and the shayateen are chained” (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

In a version of Muslim “The doors of mercy are firmly opened and the doors of Jahannam are firmly closed and the
shayateen are tied up”

Abu Hurayrah (ra) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (saw) said that Allah said, “All the actions of the son of Adam is for him except fasting, it is for me and I reward it. As-Siyam is a shield. On the day that one of you is fasting he must not speak bad and he must not become angry. If someone abuses him or fights him let him say I am fasting I am fasting. By the one in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad the smell from the mouth of one fasting, with Allah, is better than the smell of musk. One fasting has two joys when he opens his fast he rejoices and when he meets his lord he will rejoice with his fast.“
(al-Bukhari)

Siyam and Qur’an will intercede for a Muslim:

The Prophet (saw) said, “Siyam and Qur’an will intercede for the servant on the day of judgement. Fasting will say my Lord I stopped him from his food and pleasures in the day. The Qur’an will say I stopped him from sleep at night. Let me
intercede for him. They will be allowed to intercede”. (Ahmad)

2) Fast everyday with eemaan and pure intention seeking reward from Allah alone

The Prophet sallAllahu `alayhi wa sallam said, “Whoever fasts in Ramadan with Eemaan and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven”. (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

3) Increase recitation of the Qur’an, the Prophet used to read the whole Qur’an in Ramadhaan

Ibn ‘Abbas (ra) narrated that Allah’s Messenger was the most generous of people and he was the most generous in the month of Ramadan when Jibreel met him. Jibreel used to meet him every night of Ramadan to teach him the Qur’an. Allah’s messenger was the most generous person, even more generous than the strong uncontrollable wind (in readiness and haste to do charitable deeds). (al-Bukhari, Muslim)

4) Have Suhoor

The Prophet sallAllahu `alayhi wa sallam said, “Have Suhoor because it is blessed”. (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

5) Delay Suhoor as was the Sunnah

Aisha (ra) narrated that Bilal (ra) used to pronounce the Adhan at night, so Allah’s Messenger (saw) said, “Carry on taking and drink) till Ibn Um Maktum pronounces the Adhan, for he does not pronounce it till it is dawn. (al-Bukhari, Muslim)

6) Say Du’aa during the fast because the Prophet (saw) said that three people’s supplication is not rejected one of them is the fasting person

Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. (al-Bayhaqee, at-Tirmidhi)
Ask for the good of this life and the next for yourself, your family and Muslims in general.

7) Hurry to open your fast soon as it is time

Sahl Ibn Saad (ra) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (saw) said “People will remain on good as long as they hasten the fitr”. (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Cool Say Du’aa before opening the fast

The Prophet (saw) said, “The fasting person has a supplication that is answered when he opens his fast”. (Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

9) Open fast with dates

Salman Ibn Amir (ra) narrated that the Prophet (saw) said “When one of you opens his fast he should do so with dates for it is blessed if he doesn’t find dates then water for it is pure” (Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi , Ibn Majah)

10) Say this Du’aa on opening fast:

“The thirst has gone, the veins are quenched and the reward is due insha’Allah”  (Abu Dawud)

11) Give Sadaqah and be kind to people. Feed the poor and invite others for Iftar

The Prophet (saw) was the most generous of people and he was most generous in Ramadan. (al-Bukhari and Muslim)
The Prophet (saw) said, “Whoever gives Iftar to someone fasting he will have the same reward without decreasing the reward of the person fasting”. (at-Tirmidhi and an-Nasai)

12) Avoid anything that diminishes the fast such as, lying, backbiting, cheating, getting angry and arguing

The Prophet (saw) said, “Whoever does not abandon false words and deeds Allah has no need for him to leave his food and drink”. (al-Bukhari)
The Prophet (saw) said, “Perhaps someone fasting, his share is hunger and thirst”. (al-Hakim and Ibn Khuzaymah)

13) Ask for forgiveness since this is the month Allah ʹazza wa jall frees people from the fire

Allah’s Messenger (saw) said, “Jibreel appeared to me and said, may he be distanced, the one who reaches Ramadan and is not forgiven…” (al-Hakim)
Abu Umamah (ra) narrated that The Prophet (saw) said, “At every fitr Allah frees people from the fire” (Ahmad)

14) Pray At-Tarawih with Khushu. If you pray in the Masjid complete the Salaah with the Imaam

The Prophet (saw) said, “Whoever prays during Ramadan with Eemaan and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven”. (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

15) Try harder the last ten nights especially the odd nights

The Prophet (saw) would strive in Ramadan more than he would in any other month and more so in the last ten days. (Muslim)

16) Say this Du’aa in the nights that Laylatul-Qadr is likely to fall on

O Allah you are Forgiving and love forgiveness so forgive me (at-Tirmidhi)

17) Ask Allah azza wa jall to accept all your good actions during this month

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)

SlaveOfAllah
Bro

Reps: 29

« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2012 03:07 AM »

Alhamdulilah I was in serious need of an Imaan boost and Masha Allah you just gave me one. JAZAKALLAHU KHAIRUN

Asalaamu Alaikum
                             -SerigneBabs99

Cinders
Sis

Reps: 254

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2012 04:32 AM »

Aww no problem. I think we all need them. Alhamdulillah you found it of benefit In Sha Allah. I think having re-read the post myself, there's lots of good reminders for me too. I shall try to put some of them into practice In Sha Allah.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: