// Reading quran,praying, etc while on period?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.  - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading quran,praying, etc while on period?  (Read 2161 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jul 27, 2011 03:56 PM »

As salaam,

I am very confused on this topic. Can I read anything that has quran or pray while on my period? what about reciting quran?

Thank you

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2011 04:09 PM »

wsalam,

You cannot perform salah while on your period. You do not have to make these up later on! There are many opinions about reciting/reading Quran. I'll just give you the one I know of: you can recite Quran from memory, you can't read from a Mushaf (Arabic only Quran), but you may read from an Arabic/English translation as long as the translation stuff is more than the Arabic. Hope that helps and Allah knows best. Might be a good idea to find some good sisters to hang out with this Ramadan so you can ask your questions like this to them as well.

ws
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2011 01:55 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
What Sr.Jannah has posted is the majority opnion. I asked a student of knowledge and here is the reply
During the menses, she cannot read or touch the Quran.  The only verses she can recite from memory are those verses that are part of duas she she regularly recites for protection. If she is a student of knowlege who is in the process of memorizing the Quran, then there's some relaxation of rules in the Maliki school because memorization requires daily reviews/recitals. For a detailed article, click this http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/2010/10/09/why-cant-a-menstruating-woman-touch-the-quran-islams-perspective-on-menstruation/.  You can post questions on this blog  http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/2011/07/31/can-you-touch-partial-verses-of-the-quran-without-wudu/  .

Wasalam
tq
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: