// My Country: A very complicated Nation
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Those who Know they do not Know that to Know is to Know what they do not Know!  - (Aveccina) Ali Sina
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Country: A very complicated Nation  (Read 328 times)
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« on: Jul 27, 2011 09:17 PM »

I often wonder what makes my country people very sensitive to religious issues. In Nigeria, there is only litle or no religious tolerance. To the extent that recently there's call from all over the country to abolish the one-year mandatory youth service program for university graduates during which, graduates are posted to states different from their states of origin to serve the nation. The reason for the call, is as a result of continous mutulation and killing of the youths during frequent religious crises.

The very recent development that's bringing tension is a move to introduce interest-free banking (Islamic-Banking system) by the Central Bank. During a close session with the National Assembly last week, the governor of the apex bank, Lamido Sanusi convincingly explained to the legisture the need for the banking system. He cited many countries where the system is adopted including the U.S.  and U.K, and even mentioned the Vatican stance on Islamic Banking.

The strange part of all these is that, the national Christian Association has make the issue religious. By all means, they have sworn to halt the introduction of the system. Why? Because it carries Islamic name!

If we are to continue like this, I smell no bright feature for my country. Tolerance and accomodation is the only key to multireligious nation's progress. 

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: