// husband refusing medicine
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Many times I heard Imam Ahmad saying (when asked to give his opinion) on controversial scholarly issues ‘I do not know.’” - Abu Dawud (ra)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: husband refusing medicine  (Read 678 times)
Anonymous
« on: Aug 03, 2011 07:29 AM »

salam everyone
i have a huge problem at hand. My husband is a patient of bipolar disorder. He had it when we first got married. I was unaware so we had big fights because of his temperament and one day i finallly left with my four month old baby. That affected him a lot. He took on medicines. I came back and we were living blissfully for the past 4 years. Now it has occured again. Manic episode. His mania is directed towards religion. He prays at odd hours of night LOUDLY making my sleep impossible. He talks, talks and talks. His EEG says that with this kind if talking his nerves will soon give away. He will have memory loss. But he does not believe EEG but only himself and his ideas of right and wrong. He is refusing medicine. Thrice I hinted towards medicine and he threatened me with divorce or a second wife who would be more suitable for his new found high mental level!! With his mania on i think he can pretty well do any of these rash actions. Intervention of friends and realtives has been futile. I ahve almost made up my mind to bear with all that comes my way but I am more concerned about the practical problems   and health issues his behaviour will cause to him. His sibling are suggesting that i mix medicine in his tea and all but i am too scared to do that. Can anyone suggest what i should do to be able to life sanely with my husband. And please pray for me that i keep to my senses and keep my patience Smiley
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2011 09:42 AM »

salam

Is there any support network for partners of mental health patients available where you are?

If he's not taking his medication you have to speak with his doctors and decide together the next steps. I'd have him admitted to hospital actually if he's going to end up harming himself and his family. Which he is by depriving you all of sleep.

Btw, a person who is not in full use of his mental faculties cannot divorce or marry, so if he's not lucid right now I wouldn't get too stressed about his threats (double check with a trusted alim).

You guys are in our duas inshallah.

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2011 04:15 PM »

I am making duaa for you & your family
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: