// Simple biscuits.
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Riches without faith are the greatest poverty. - Ali ibn Abi Talib (May Allah be pleased with him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple biscuits.  (Read 854 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Aug 04, 2011 10:09 PM »

salam

I've been craving these little egg biscuits we used to get in India. As a little girl when we holidayed in India I wouldn't eat anything, until my dad discovered that I in fact would eat these tiny little egg biscuits the baker made, dad would buy them fresh in the morning.

The below recipe is similar to those biscuits but sadly not quite the same. They're yummy with the first cup of chai after Iftar tho!

Ingredients

Biscuits

¾ cup of sugar
    1 stick of unsalted butter (equal to ½ cup, melted)
    2 large eggs
    ¼ cup milk
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or anise extract) (I use vanilla caster sugar!)
    2 ¾ cups of flour
    2 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
    ¼ teaspoon of salt

Directions

Biscuits

Heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. (175C)
    Coat a baking sheet with butter.
    In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat for 1-3 minutes
    Next, add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract, and blend.
    In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
    Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients a little bit at a time until completely blended.

Forgot to add the most important bit, flour hands, break off a little dough at a time and roll in the palms of your hand to form small balls, the dough doesn't spread much when cooking so you can pack the baking tray pretty close, my girls have made short work of the above batch, tins nearly empty they are pretty good

Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes. (I had to cook them for closer to 15 minutes, just bake them until they start to change colour)
    Transfer biscuits to a cooling rack and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy with a cup of hot spiced chai!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2011 06:02 AM »

ws,

mmmm butter and sugar.......those look so good.mmmm i feel a baking madness coming on!! and at least if we bake in ramadan we can take it to the masjid and not eat it all ourselves!!
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2011 03:40 PM »

How I wish I can bake. But my sister is gonna see that..

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2011 05:41 PM »

salam

Br Sadah give the recipe a try? If you think you wont do it well halve the amounts and make a smaller batch till you're confident.

I might bake chocolate kisses next.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
sadah
Brother
Bro

sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2011 07:18 PM »

salam

Br Sadah give the recipe a try? I you think you wont do it well halve the amounts and make a smaller batch till you're confident.

Wassalaam

W salam
You think I can do it Sis Fozia? Then I'l try it after my exams on 12th.
Wsalam

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2011 08:14 PM »

salam

I think you will be fine with this recipe inshallah.

Good luck with your exams, may Allah grant you success.

Wassalaam

sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2011 02:39 AM »

W salam
Thanks alot Sister.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: