Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont buy these dates  (Read 165 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« on: Jul 18, 2013 10:51 AM »

Salam alaikum

I was shocked when I walked into the Muslim-owned market here and found these dates!  The man behind the counter said they could not get other dates, but surely it is just as easy to get Tunisian or Saudi dates as it is to get these that are grown and harvested from stolen Palestinian lands?  May Allah make us more aware.

The UK stores market them as their own, under their own brands, so it is more difficult to tell.

The boycott would work I tell you.  Last Ramadaan the boycott of Kalahari dates was undertaken (a popular Medjoul date grown in Southern Africa), because of the close ties the company had with Hadiklaim.  At first the owners said they would not back down.  Less than a year later, it must have hit them badly in the pocket, because they have severed all ties with israeli companies. ...

Let´s eat halaal dates, and not fatten the pockets of those who intend to profit from the suffering and loss of others.

Salam
S.

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2777

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2013 12:11 PM »

wsalam,

jazaks for the reminder. same thing happened to us when we went to costco. i picked up one of the big packages of medjoul dates and then after awhile noticed at the bottom it said Product of Israel!! Thank goodness I noticed! Definitely don't want to support their apartheid polices towards Palestinians financially!

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2013 12:15 PM »

Absolutely agree, I only buy dates which state clearly they're grown in Saudi, in the uk they show where product was grown, I don't tuch anything with Israel on it. All palestinian food I buy is ethically produced and funds go to the Palestinians. It's a specific label I forget the name just now.

I feel very strongly about lining the pockets of these people.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: