// astrology
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Responsibility: The Prophet said: 'Each one of you is a guardian and is responsible for what he is entrusted with.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: astrology  (Read 532 times)
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« on: Sep 15, 2011 08:59 AM »

I have recently read an article saying that a muslim who reads/follows horoscopes/astrology will not have their prayers accepted for 40days and nights.

This made me feel really bad, because I never ever had known that. I knew that we dont put any faith, or follow these, but my friends and I would constantly look ours up on Yahoo just for a good laugh, not to believe in it but just for entertainment. We also looked up the "characteristics" of each month and had a good laugh as well.

I never intended any harm, and I certainly didnt believe in it, but it was very entertaining

I am feeling sick after reading the hadith because now I am scared for the longest time my prayers havent been accepted.

Can someone please give me advice on how to go forward from this?
moderatesufi
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2011 04:18 PM »

Stop reading horoscopes and repent.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2011 05:26 PM »

wsalam,

you know they did this experiment where they gave everyone in a class a "horoscope" then the next day they asked the class how many did it come true for. and all of them said their horoscope came true, then they revealed that the horoscope was the SAME for everyone!!

anyway shows how they write those things, broad and general and vague and mysterious....definitely entertaining but best to avoid them altogether even in fun...cuz u could maybe start to half believe in them or something!! so just avoid them iA i'm sure there are a million more entertaining things to do on the web!! Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: