// Prayers Becoming All Mess :(
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Advice: The Prophet said: 'Make things easy (for people) and do not make them difficult, and cheer people up and do not drive them away.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers Becoming All Mess :(  (Read 1461 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jun 20, 2011 12:34 AM »

Salam Alaikum, Sisters and brothers! I want to say this the most fun forum I've ever seen for Islam. Keep on posting! Smiley
Anyway, you see, my prayers all getting messed up.

I sometimes get confused by accident. Meaning for example, you're supposed to say 'Subhan Rabee El 'Ala' when your nose and knees together touch the ground. I end up reciting a surah. Don't laugh.
I sometimes forget the number of rikats I make and when I recite another surah after Surat Fatha, I forget few verses and get stuck in the middle and it upsets me.

I'm starting to loose spirit and motivation during prayer. You know what I mean? So how can I remotivate myself again? I don't want to continue messing up in the prayer. I get so ashamed everytime something like that happens! Sad

P.S: I beg your pardon if I posted this in a wrong place. I don't know how to use this forum well.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2011 07:41 AM »

wsalam,

thanx for posting anonymous. u should finally become a member  Grin

as for ur prayers getting confused... i think there's a few aspects to this. first it may be a good time to go back and review what the pillars and conditions and sunnahs of prayer are... like what are the things that are the 'pillars' of salah, things that if you miss or mess up, your prayer doesn't count and you have to do it again, and what are the sunnahs, like if you miss or forget it's ok, or the one's you need to do the forgetfulness prostration for. these are important to know so if something happens, you know what to do to fix it or what counts or not. it will give you some reassurance and some confidence when you pray.

the second aspect i think you and we all should try to look at is what are we doing outside of prayer? are we doing anything haram/ are we remembering Allah/ are we learning ilm or reading quran everyday - are we working on our islam everyday trying to make ourselves better or are we just doing heedless type stuff. i think u'll find on days when u did more remembrance or worship your prayers are more concentrated.

after that there are many personal tips i hope some people can post about to help you concentrate better. i think we have a few threads in the archives too. also try talking to your imam about this. i'm sure he can help you much better in person by answering your specific questions.

take care,
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2011 08:39 AM »

salam

All I can suggest is keep at it. After all practice makes perfect, try & concentrate as you're praying I know it's easy to let your mind wonder. When praying surahs after Fatiha pray short surahs less chance of forgetting it midway, then progress to longer ones.

You may also benefit by going for salat at your local masjid, it helps to pray alongside lots of people who are doing the same thing so you have less chance of going wrong.

Wassaalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2011 09:53 PM »

Salam Alaikum. I hope this message won't be posted as a total new thread. Shocked If this happens, I beg your pardon.
But I want to say Jazakum Allah Khairokom for your advice. Smiley
I know this topic sounds repetitive. But my situation is a bit different I guess.

Anyway I sometimes hold the Quran while praying to say another different surah. Is that right? Of course I don't mean to say I leave my prayer in the middle to get the Quran. The book throughout the whole prayer is in my hand.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2011 09:31 PM »

wsalam anonymous,

i think there are various opinions on that and a few conditions... best to ask an imam or scholar.
maya
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
maya has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2011 08:41 AM »

As a mother of a 10 month old and a revert, I ttlly understand. The babys always pulling on my clothes, on the verge of falling down & all in all, being very distracting! thats where my issues stem, i didn't used to be this much all over the place. working on it...

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: