// Please make duas - london riots
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Education: The Prophet said: 'Seeking knowledge is a religious obligation for every Muslim (male or female).' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please make duas - london riots  (Read 4569 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Aug 07, 2011 10:09 PM »

salam

Parts of London are errupting in riots, can you guys remember us in your duas, my family and friends are very near.

London looks like a pile of ashes in places :'(

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2011 11:31 PM »

Walaikum Asalaam Sr..

InshaAllah everything will be okay!

May Allah tala protect you and your girls and everyone else InshaAllah.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2011 11:36 PM »

wsalam,

dudes what kind of civilized country do you guys live in??!! it looks really scary. are those areas considered the ghetto or is that like everywhere? if this happened in NYC there'd be thousands of national guard everywhere. with big fat rifles. they don't play around. have another royal wedding, restore order!! *wonders if i should buy riot gear to visit london one day Sad

my duas are with u guys, stay safe iA!
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2011 11:57 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

InshaAllah I hope all you guys are safe and sound.

I just missed the riots by a whisker last night coming back from Taraweeh and tonight we had a "speed Taraweeh" so everyone could get back home safe and sound (especially the sisters)

Praying with sirens wailing and helicopters buzzing around sure is an experience!!!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2011 01:16 AM »

Salam
May Allah be your guard and save you from the fitnah.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2011 02:47 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum

I wish I could be so cavalier but unfortunately real people are being affected by the stupidity and mindlessness of a few.

Please make du'a for my brother and his family who were woken up by the police and told to evacuate their home in the middle of the night. Sad

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2011 02:56 AM »

Walaiykum Salam,

You guys will definitely be in my duahs. Spare a thought for my sister too who happens to be not too far from there. I've text her, but she hasn't replied yet! I thought things may have calmed down. Seems not.

I've heard a lot of goings on in my area of London too tonight Sad. BrKhalid, I absolutely feel for your brother's family. It must be very unnerving and frightening to be woken up in the middle of the night.

Ma'Salam,

Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2011 03:07 AM »

salam

Sr Jannah this isn't the norm at all.

In England our police don't carry guns either as a norm.

From what I gather, police shot a guy end of last week, people went to protest, the peaceful protests deteriorated into riots, with a lot of the shops being looted and parts being burned down.

It is in the 'ghettos', but it seems to be spreading and turning into a gang warfare so once one 'ghetto' is under control another one kicks off.

It's very complicated tho, the area in which it started is full of disenfranchised youth, with no hope for the future whatsoever and nobody to care about them (not that it justifies whats happening).

It's terrifiyng right now, a friend and her baby had to be rescued from her flats in the middle of the night as she lived above shops being looted, another friends fifteen year old went missing and we later discovered the area she disappeared in was actually filled with rioters, there seems to be a media black out, we don't know whats happening unless friends, family, twitter,f/b are updating us.

I'm far from it alhumdulillah, but my family are very close to it subhanallah, the 'ghettos' where it began are like up the road to them, it's a really weird set up, a few streets down you find houses costing in their millions with some of the best schools in the country sitting beside some of the poorest estates in the country.

People are saying its not surprising it's errupted like this, but the extent and viciousness is a huge shock. None of the residents are happy, it's effectively turning into one massive gang fight, the gangs against the police, it's not about the guy who got shot anymore. It's turning into a fight for control of the streets right now :'(

This is my home and family and friends. I've never been so terrified in my life, it's not normal I've never seen or heard anything like it happening here before subhanallah.

Br. Khalid may Allah protect you and your family.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Nafs
« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2011 03:41 AM »

Wow. I am shocked! I am so sorry Sr. Fozia, I had no idea about how chaotic it was....

Human beings and their struggle for power! That's what I see it as and I know it happens over and over again, but  I just can't understand it nor figure why innocent people are always compromsed.

May Allah tala accept everyones duas InshaAllah.
Durafshan
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Durafshan has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Aug 08, 2011 04:34 AM »

Inshallah everything will be okay. May Allah Guard you!
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2011 05:03 AM »

wsalam,

yikes how scary and unfortunate. so terrifying to be evacuated from your own home. i'm sure they're doing it for their protection but all ur things r there for the looters and what to do with ur kids and everyone so late at night. i hope everyone's safe now, things can always be replaced. i do believe criminals and gangs take advantage of things like this... media blackout is probably so as not to spread the locations of riots ...so horrible esp in ramadan. we'll keep all u guys and ur families in our duas.

ws

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2011 08:51 AM »

Sis Fozia n Br Khalid,very sorry to know about  these unfortunate events turning up at  your end.

InshaAllah  everything will be fine soon and we will definitely pray for u  and all those who r facing this dread.

May Allah relieve everyone from this stress soon.Ameen
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2011 09:17 AM »

Scary - I too thought it was out in the ghettos somewhere. May Allah keep you and your loved ones safe.
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2011 01:17 PM »

Salam

I saw the news coverage and it looks awful ! I will pray for you Sr Fozia and also Br Khalid and all your family members. May Allah Almighty Protect you in this holiest of months.

Wassalam
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #14 on: Aug 08, 2011 01:28 PM »

Salam alaikum

Oh my, how scary!!!! SubhanAllah... May Allah swt protect you all, and hopefully the situation will ease up soon.

Take care of yourselves, you're in our duaas
Salam
S.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #15 on: Aug 08, 2011 02:02 PM »

May Allah SWT protect you all, even those we don't know and live there. BrKhalid, I hope your brother and his family are fine and so are Sis Fozia's relatives.

I have family living in London I haven't heard anything from them. My sister, 3 kids and her husband. 4 of my nieces and nephew and my boys' father (ex-husband). One of my nieces is on FB and we chat a lot. My sister is on FB too, but so rarely, its almost never.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Aug 08, 2011 05:17 PM »

wsalam,

What a mess. someone on fb just said there are riots in croydan? too

Up to 200 youths looted shops and charged police in Coldharbour Lane and the High Street in Brixton, south London.

Fifty youths gathered in Oxford Circus, central London, and threw objects at shops and more than 30 youths vandalised and looted shops in Walthamstow, east London.

A spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade said it received 445 emergency calls during Sunday night.

Three fire engines were damaged and crews were called to nine large fires in Edmonton and three fires in Brixton.

The disorder followed rioting in Tottenham, north London, which began on Saturday night and continued into Sunday morning.

Hope everyone's homes are ok with these fires. And that the Mosques have really good security. I hope none of the rioters are muslim kids/arabs?? That can backlash so easily.
moderatesufi
« Reply #17 on: Aug 08, 2011 08:00 PM »

I actually live where the riots are happening. We are at the calm before the storm now, and all the shops have been boarded up and you can hear screeching police cars everywhere.
I have seen a convoy of the armed response units enter the compound of a big police station here.

My wife tried to stop me going out cause she thought I wanted to take part in the riot. And she tried to tell me I can't, especially since it is Ramdhan.
I only went out to watch, not to fight the police, smash things up and certainly not to steal stuff.
Anyway I met some old school friends, who I hadn't seen for years. I know why they are here, even though they didn't say.
 Cheesy

Anyway, you know how the press described the Bradford riots as Muslim riots because some of the rioters were Pakistani.
I don't see anyone calling these Riots Christian Riots even though almost all the rioters are Christian?
They don't even call them Black riots?
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #18 on: Aug 08, 2011 08:44 PM »

Hi, we are all fine. its in north london. Saw the telly and could not believe, "london is burning".

Got above message from one of nieces on FB. Alhamdu Lillah.

Its weird the police can not contain the riots.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #19 on: Aug 08, 2011 09:23 PM »

salam

The police can't do anything because the looters are kids, there are reports of sightings of children aged 12 upwards making off with stuff from shops.

Also as moderatesufi shows, there are a lot of bystanders watching!

Police have tonight asked the general public to stay indoors, and (get this), for parents to call their children and find out where they are!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked I mean come on!

I think they need to break out the tear gas about now and clear the streets, then every person who has stolen things should be rounded up, given a bucket of soapy water and a nail brush and made to clean the streets up and then forced to do the manual labour entailed in rebulding London.

The reasons for the riots appear to be that these people are upset they have had their benefits cuts, well boo flipping hoo, there are amongst us those who have always worked to get what they want and need, if you can riot and loot you can jolly well work, cleaning the mess they've created being a start.

The rioting has spread to Birmingham.

And to point the finger to one set of people would be simplistic and frankly an utter lie, all religions and colours are taking part in the looting and burning of London.

The mindless thuggery is an act of criminality pure and simple, standing by to witness it or to take advantage of it makes the person complicit in the behaviour, if you cant stop it, walk away in disgust and condemn it in your heart.

This is what happens when one does not take responsibility for ones actions.

This is my home, this is where I have grown. I'm disgusted people who have benefitted from this country can stand by and find this destruction entertaining

Wassalaam

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2011 09:35 PM »

wsalam,

totally agree with you sr fozia... i'm just amazed by all this. i'm telling you the army and president would have descended on new york city if this happened here. and they'd be using real bullets, water canons and tear gas too. seriously they should just round them up. anyone on the street arrest them. put a curfew down. I can't believe they're just going to let a bunch of kids destroy their city? this is no revolution or fight against injustice. just seems like ppl out for what they can get. what a shame really... people terrified, shops burned and destroyed, in their own neighborhoods too...don't they realize they're just shooting themselves in the foot  Roll Eyes ugh well alhamdulillah no one has been hurt in all this. duas for u guys, what a crazy ramadan!

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2011 09:43 PM »

since all of this began in tottenham, is there anyway we can blame all of this on tottenham fans?

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #22 on: Aug 08, 2011 09:46 PM »

salam

Br it was no where near white hart lane.

It's the first time I've cracked a smile over this!

Wassalaam

lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #23 on: Aug 08, 2011 10:16 PM »

Salaam,
Be safe All you guys ( Brkhalid, Fozia, Cinders, family..etc). Exercise caution- stay home if you must.

I have not read anything here until today on this- I figured maybe it's far away from where you are all living..but I guess not. This is crazy. I second Jannah, if this happened here in NYC- I'd hope they'd jsut tear gas all the hoodlums and round them up...one hopes.

Wow...Just be safe and I will keep ya in my duas.

Much love and hugs..
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #24 on: Aug 08, 2011 11:58 PM »

Salam you guys, the riots have gone to my sis's area in the south. She's alone at home with her very young daughter. Her hubby has gone to Teraweeh & probably has no idea about them starting in his back yard. He has to drive past where the riots are to get home. Also, he flies abroad for a business trip tomorrow! Sad  She'll be on her own too.

I can hear SO many sirens. The place up the road from me has been targeted. Apparently they're taking axes, Subhanallah!

Please please make du'a for all of us.
May Allah protect us, Ameen.

Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: