// Please make duas - london riots
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Now is the time to know that all that you do is sacred….Now is the time for you to deeply compute the impossibility that there is anything but grace. -Hafiz
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please make duas - london riots  (Read 4578 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #25 on: Aug 09, 2011 12:01 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum

Jazakhallah for the duas, everyone is back home safe now alhamdulillah.

Speaking to the police last night, they said that the kids were starting fires in various places to distract the police from where the real trouble was.

Today the violence spread to South London and they [the police ] seem unable to cope with all the hotspots flaring up all over the city.

We commented on how technology was so instrumental in the Arab Spring but here it is causing intense problems since these criminals can effectively attack at will and at short notice using BBM, Twitter, FB etc to organise themselves.

Disorder on this scale is without precedent and I really feel sorry for those in communities who are virtual prisoners in their own homes at the moment.

The elderly, women and children were told to not come to Taraweeh tonight because of the security concerns and we had to shorten the amount read in order to finish early and get everyone back home before things (literally) flared up.

This is not how Ramadhan should be but more importantly this is not how society should be.

Unfortunately, there are always those who wish to follow their own selfish desires to the detriment of the common good.

I echo Sr Fozia's sadness at these events and just having to write this and hearing the continuous sirens outside demonstrate how tumultuous our times have started to be come.

A crazy Ramadhan in an already crazy year!!

What more can 2011 bring Huh?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Durafshan
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Durafshan has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: Aug 09, 2011 03:45 AM »

That is very nice to hear.. May Allah keep all of us safe.
moderatesufi
« Reply #27 on: Aug 09, 2011 04:01 AM »

About to go pray Fajr. My Wife got a text from the imam saying there are kids with sticks congregating near the Musjid, so we need to pray dua before we go pray. Its cool though, I probably know them.

Tarwi was as packed as any day. So was Magrib, but it did seem like less people did iftar in the Musjid. Can't tell whether less old women came, cause it is a male only type Musjid.
Anyway, I took my son, who was really excited about the riots and kept jumping up and down, practising his fight moves.
I told him he couldn't riot, cause it hasn't moved here yet and probably wont until sometime after isha which is way past his bed time.
---------------------

Just got back, didn't see anyone. Streets were empty other than people going fajr or coming back from it.
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #28 on: Aug 09, 2011 05:27 AM »

Brkhalid...I dont know..2011 has been rough. This is so crazy..almost unheard of- yet is happening in LONDON! Wow. Please be safe and if anything guys- pray Tarawih at home..dont endanger your wives and kids by leaving the house.

I will continue to keep you all in my duas. ....

And the stock market here crashes...the Arab walls are falling....London is burning....for real..what is next?!

Pray...much love to you all.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #29 on: Aug 09, 2011 06:23 AM »

And the stock market here crashes...the Arab walls are falling....London is burning....for real..what is next?!

the end of times?  Shocked what's scary is how fragile life is, u could be a serious investor in ny, a student at al-azhar or a teacher in london and all of a sudden it's chaos!! and what makes this so sad is the loss of humanity. these kids just don't care who they're hurting or stealing from. i saw this extremely disturbing video (which i won't post) of a kid bleeding heavily from something (stab wound? bloody nose?) he gets up shakily and all these kids surround him and they start checking his pockets, and opening his backpack and one steals whatevers in there and walks away!! the kid is still dazed and walks slowly away his backpack and pockets empty. i'm still in shock over it. how disgusting and morally depraved. just wrong.  :'(

my duas with u all and the muslims in london and the other affected cities in the UK
moderatesufi
« Reply #30 on: Aug 09, 2011 10:32 AM »

Please be safe and if anything guys- pray Tarawih at home..dont endanger your wives and kids by leaving the house.

I will continue to keep you all in my duas. ....

lol
I don't think you guys quite understand what is going on here.
The riots don't involve us. It is between mainly a black crowed who are upset about the police shooting an unarmed man and the police. While they battle, others find the opportunity to break in to shops.

Tarawi as usual guys!
Don't use this as an excuse to stay home and sleep, or even stay home and pray your 20 with the smallest of the last thirty surahs.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: Aug 09, 2011 10:54 AM »

Isn't it really serious though? Seems to be escalating ..
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #32 on: Aug 09, 2011 11:06 AM »

salam

No actually what is happening, is that a bunch of entitled oppurtunistic thugs, are going round looting after organising the time and place via BBM.

Our high street was looted....every single jewellers has been completely ransacked, that has nothing to do with one lone guy being shot way inside a London inner city, who may or may not have been a gun toting gangster, frankly I could give a damn, even his family said they do not want violence in his name. The looting and pillaging and ransacking and burning of England is nothing to do with that incident.

Why are JD Sports being looted, how were they involved, why are our local independent jewellery shops being looted how were they involved, how was Wilkinsons in woolwich and Sony warehouse in Enfield involved Huh?

What it is, is a bunch of thugs, who have never worked a day in their lives, who are upset they will no longer be able to sit at home and leech off us any more, as benefits have been stopped because the government has realised they can in fact work going on an unjustified self entitled rampage taking what they could never themselves earn because they are unwilling to work and too stupid to better themselves and reach the aspirations and goals the rest of us have thro sheer hard work.

The poor parts of Hackney and Haringey have been set back decades, no business in its right mind will invest in the boroughs for a very long time. You're gonna be walking fifty miles to do your grocery shop after this is over.

And it is not black crowds, it is black, white, asian, every single colour and religion of self entitled oppurtunistic vultures doing the looting and arson attacks, they're looting first and then burning down the buildings to get rid of forensic evidence and because this is how thick they are they think as soon as they've got their ipads and nike shoes they're sorted, never mind that the shops will not be replaced any time soon and the jobs of the shop workers are going up in flames along with the premises.

The knock on effects are going to be horrendous, the FTSE is plunging, businesses will think a million times before investing in London, people, hard working normal people have lost their homes and livelihoods, I was no fan of the ConDem's but right now, if they say every single person on benefits will lose their benefits to pay for the re-building of London I would totally back them up.

Keep walking moderatesufi, your views are repugnant and wrong. There is nothing Islamic about crowing over the misfortune of others and if you do not have the brains to see that the misfortunes of the land which has nurtered you is also your misfortune well then that says a lot about you.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #33 on: Aug 09, 2011 11:12 AM »

It has spread, Liverpool Birmingham and Manchester are the latest suffering riots, in London private homes are being targetted as well as people coming home in evenings.

London is a no go area from about 4pm onwards.

There have been about 44 casualties resulting from this, I dont think anyone has died, but it's only a matter of time.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #34 on: Aug 09, 2011 11:32 AM »

Salam all,

I totally echo sister Fozia's words. The press are calling it 'Yobbery' which I think it is. It's just mindless criminality. This is definitely NOT about the guy who got shot. This has turned into something very nasty! I would say that it is worse than the days of the National Front in the eighties! I have lived through that period as a little girl. Living in fear is not funny at all. I have very young children, so does my sister....

I'm lost for words that moderatesufi thinks this is ok. How can you justify and condone acts of violence & criminality?

Please make du'a for me. I have to travel tonight. No choice. I gotta go up north. Sad

Ma'Salam
Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
moderatesufi
« Reply #35 on: Aug 09, 2011 11:43 AM »

Fozia
I think you read the Daily Mail too much.

The unarmed man getting shot was just the straw that broke the Camels Back. Resentment had been building for a long time.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/hackney-riot-police-london?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Things like this don't just happen in a void.
The shooting of the unarmed man was just the spark that caused the explosion. What people refuse to see is all the gunpowder that had been building for a very long time.

And if you look at the areas and the people involved. It is mainly black(Caribbean, not African), with the odd white. Something that indicate this was a Christian thing in the way the tabloids said the Bradford riots were Muslim riots.
By mentioning the Christian nature I was showing the hypocrisy of the way the Bradford Riots were reported.

Fozia and Cinders, can you two please enlighten me. Scroll up, read all I wrote on this thread. And then cut and past where I said I support the Riots.
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #36 on: Aug 09, 2011 11:49 AM »

Bro, I think the fact you say "lol" justifies my point. Enough said!

moderatesufi
« Reply #37 on: Aug 09, 2011 12:06 PM »

Oh I thought that was my response to people quivering so much that they are telling each other to forgo to sunnah muakkadah of Tarawi.
Thank you for the correction, I had no idea it meant, "Riot on my Black Brothers! Even though I am not a Christian, I support you and your activities!"

If I supported the Riots, I would take part in them. I need a flat scream TV because my room isn't big enough to use an Xbox kinetic with out one, an Xbox to go with it and maybe some games for it too. A car battery and I need to get my wife an Iphone, so she will give me her old one.
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #38 on: Aug 09, 2011 12:30 PM »

I think being flippant is not appropriate with what is going on, i personally spent a lot of the night (after coming back from tarawih in central london) chatting with a friend who was in a street with rioters 2 doors away from her house.

Whilst Tarawih is a part of Ramadan (actually correct me if i'm wrong a nafi prayer which wasn't read in congregation by our Prophet PBUH), BUT if you were at tarawih and then something "God Forbid" happened to your family or home then what would you say?

Part of our deen is about protecting our families also so whilst perhaps where you are things are not so serious in other areas they are BURNING peoples houses surely even in Islam your first responsibility is to protect your family?

Baji
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #39 on: Aug 09, 2011 12:35 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Let not the world distract us from the spirit of Ramadhan as beautifully outlined in Sr MishMash's diary entry.

If we can not change our behaviour during this Ramadhan and encourage each other to good instead of inciting hatred and argumentation with ourselves, we do this month and this religion of ours a disservice.

I am fasting and am in no need of hearing futile arguments either in the world or in this beautiful safe haven we have on the board.

The riots may be ongoing but we need to find peace and tranquillity within ourselves and remember that the aim of Ramadhan is to earn the forgiveness of Allah and his creatures and not to add to our sins.

That is the real meaning of this month and inshaAllah may we all take heed.

Wasalaam
BrKhalid

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #40 on: Aug 09, 2011 12:38 PM »

Thank you Brother Khalid sorry if i upset anyone

Bx
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #41 on: Aug 09, 2011 02:34 PM »

This is crazy and unacceptable. The images are horrific and heartbreaking.

Remember the nursery rhymes - London is Burning? Only this is different and senseless.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2023874/LONDON-RIOTS-David-Cameron-returns-home-police-face-gangs-petrol-bombs.html

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #42 on: Aug 09, 2011 03:18 PM »

Man! Living in a third world country the only question I can ask is "where are reinforcements?". Where is the military or at least the paramilitary? During the Telangana riots in my city last year, they had called in paramilitary from all over the country and imposed curfews everywhere.

As Theresa May puts it "The way we police in Britain is not through use of water cannon. The way we police in Britain is through consent of communities."

This tells me that even the people responsible for containing the unrest are opportunists.

From personal experience, I guess you guys should keep a bag packed with all your valuable stuff (if you haven't done so already), you never know when you'll have to flee. And don't hesitate to join in if you get caught in between, you can find a way to escape while pelting stones.
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #43 on: Aug 09, 2011 04:02 PM »

Salam all,

Subhanallah, I was just praying Quran & I came across this! How profound. In Allah we should put our trust.

قَالَ رَبِّ إِنِّي لَا أَمْلِكُ إِلَّا نَفْسِي وَأَخِي فَافْرُقْ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَ الْقَوْمِ الْفَاسِقِينَ

He said: My Lord! Surely I have no control (upon any) but my own self and my brother; therefore make a separation between us and the nation of transgressors. (Al Maeda, 5: 25)

Ma'Salam,
Cinders

salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #44 on: Aug 09, 2011 04:33 PM »

This is scary stuff!  We were told there was going to be another planned riot today so everyone left work an hour early.  Just as I was a minute away from my house and about to cross the street, masked yobs appear.  All of a sudden a police van comes careening along, police jump out and the yobs disperse.  One of them heads right towards me and I freeze, wondering whether to stop him, as there's a policeman right behind him.  In a split second, I decide not to, fearing repercussions, and the guy gets away. And then I realise all of them have disappeared.  About 10 officers gave chase to a group of 20 or more and not a single person was apprehended.  These people seem to have planned their escape routes well to evade capture.

This experience has thrown up a dilemma for me- as a lone woman do you try and apprehend someone on your own or do you just let them get away?  The only reason I would have stopped him, like to try and grab him as he ran past, was because that would have given the policeman who was behind him enough time to get to us.  However, I think cos the guy saw me hesitate, that spurned him to run even faster and literally in seconds he'd gone.  I saw the police stop giving chase and they all congregated in the middle of the road looking defeated.  Who knows what lies ahead for them during the rest of the evening.

This is such a bizarre experience.  It seems like all those who don't wish to get involved are getting off the streets and it's like we're handing over the streets to the mobs and the police to battle it out.  Like, what on earth??? These are *our* streets.  How on earth have they created such an atmosphere of fear and intimidation??  People are too afraid to step out now and it seems like instead, they'll be cowering around their t.v.s and the internet, trying to follow events unfold that way.  SubhanAllaah.  I'm suppose to go out again in a couple of hours for work purposes and I don't know if it's a good idea to step outside.  Since when did we become prisoners in our own houses, our towns and cities??  

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #45 on: Aug 09, 2011 05:36 PM »

wsalam,

allright everyone let's relax a bit...tensions are running high no doubt.

moderatesufi: bruv u have to chill out. ppl have real valid fears here. did u not see a woman jump out the window of her burning building yesterday and the video of that stabbed boy getting nonchalantly mugged by other kids. ppl are having to live thru the trauma of basically living in a war zone. even just psychologically seeing your city and local businesses destroyed is so hurtful. seeing people act like this, esp in ramadan is so disturbing. it's not easy for anyone even if u claim it doesn't affect them. (btw i deleted the video u posted for language. it's fine what she said, but hardly a solution and ppl don't need to hear that kind of language while they're fasting)

everyone else: the same discussion ur having here about the causes and true nature of these riots is the same one playing out in your national news and country. so while we may not agree with them, there are many views out there. no need to argue about them here, just go to bbc or wherever.

let's keep to the spirit of ramadan inshaAllah and remember these things are a temporary test and trial for you all and verily, Allah is with those who are patient and persevere.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #46 on: Aug 09, 2011 06:32 PM »

wsalam,

deleting the last post in the spirit of ramadan.

please only post your own experiences (don't talk for other muslims or try to give fatwas) and dua requests and ppl making dua here.

jazaks.
Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #47 on: Aug 09, 2011 06:42 PM »

Salaam alikum, Brixton Masjid Islamic Cultural Centre offers use of clothes for those who have lost their possessions
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #48 on: Aug 09, 2011 06:45 PM »

salam

Sr Salaampeaceshalom, don't put yourself at risk, just stay safe inshallah.

On our end, our boys and men are out there protecting property, each community is getting out and physically protecting our livlihoods and property subhanallah. East London mosque and the Islamic bank was targetted our boys chased them off, in Hackney the Turkish community are out in full force too, the Jewish community are patrolling areas too they prevented the original riots from spreading into Hackney from that end.

The looters are cowards meet one on his/her own on the streets and they wouldn't meet your eye usually.

The police are now allowed to use rubber bullets, the PM thinks that force will damage relations in the long run. So water cannons, tear gas and military involvement are currently out, but they've sanctioned the use of rubber bullets.

Stay safe Inshallah.

Wassalaam

moderatesufi
« Reply #49 on: Aug 09, 2011 07:55 PM »

salam

Jewish community are patrolling areas too they prevented the original riots from spreading into Hackney from that end.

Wassalaam

No

Orthodox Jews Involved In London Riots.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: