// Please make duas - london riots
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Cognizance: The Prophet said: 'The similitude of the one who contemplates his Lord versus the one who does not is that of the living versus the dead.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please make duas - london riots  (Read 4565 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #50 on: Aug 09, 2011 09:34 PM »

salam

It's shocking that people who aren't even part of the riots are getting stuck in to the looting, they behave llike carrion animals.
The police have caught loads, it's insane people are waiting for the rioters to leave then loading up their family cars with the left over stuff.

My parents area has alhumdulillah seen the community come together.

I guess when you don't feel accountable to anyone people behave worse than animals. It's amazing but I guess the fear of Allah's retribution is what makes us the people we are.

Subhanallah.

BTW moderatesufi, that clip doesnt show Orthodox Jews looting or rioting it shows them spectating, similar to your own behaviour. They seemed to be getting out of harms way in the first few seconds of the clip.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #51 on: Aug 09, 2011 10:07 PM »

Sis Fozia I’ve only logged back on now so have only now seen your post.  I did end up going but my hubby came home early and wasn’t happy that I was going back out in the current climate, so he accompanied me there.  As we were walking to my supervisor’s office we saw news crews setting up and a few riot police wandering around.  By the time I got to my supervisor’s office the atmosphere was so tense that we agreed to just quickly go through some paperwork and postpone the rest of the session for another time.  I met my hubby back outside and when we were trying to make our way back the streets were suddenly full of riot police.  They stopped us from entering certain streets and it seemed as if all the troublemakers had descended around that area.  At one point we were caught amongst the mob and couldn’t get through.  There was a standoff between them and the police, and suddenly the police charged.  It was scary because then all of a sudden the mob turned and ran, and we were bang in the middle! We were going to run but then just stayed still as people ran past us.  Seeing a horde of people run towards you with riot police behind them isn’t the most pleasant experience.

I noticed that some of the police officers are women too.  One of them was trying to be helpful by telling us which streets to take to get back home, but subhanAllaah she looked very vulnerable, and I kept thinking what it must be like for a woman officer facing a swarm of masked men (the mob we saw consisted of just men), regardless of how much training she may, or may not, have undergone .

I hope everyone else is safe inshaa’Allaah.  Take care.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
moderatesufi
« Reply #52 on: Aug 09, 2011 11:51 PM »

All the rioters and all the police should all become Muslim. And then Live as brothers, all except the females ones who can live as sisters.
ruqayyah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
ruqayyah has no influence :(

« Reply #53 on: Aug 10, 2011 10:31 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024375/BIRMINGHAM-RIOTS-3-Asian-men-killed-hit-run-protected-neighbourhood.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Three Muslim men dead in Birmingham...please make dua for them and their families...
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #54 on: Aug 10, 2011 11:17 AM »

I'm completely baffled by the lack of respect and lawlessness of these gangs roaming the streets.  Actually, I'm pretty disgusted.  I live near Birmingham and my town was eerily empty by 4pm.  I hate the fact that our cities and towns are under seige and our streets are being claimed by thugs.  ugh.  There needs to be more police available in Birmingham.  The cat and mouse games they were playing last night was ridiculous.  People shouldn't have to die just to protect their streets.

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #55 on: Aug 10, 2011 12:22 PM »

salam

I was wrong. Things haven't calmed at all in London. Petrol pumps were set alight last night in tottenham, my sister said they could hear the explosions  :'( when will this end subhanallah :'(

There are constant police sirens around here too. Alhumdulillah I'm far from the actual activity.

I wish the media would not lie, people will inadvertentantly walk into trouble if they think everythnigs ok. Things are far from calm.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #56 on: Aug 10, 2011 03:30 PM »

salam

May Allah have mercy on the three young men who died defending their masjid in Ramadan.  Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji3oon.  May Allah give solace to their families. 

People have to stand up to what is right to prevent more destruction from spreading ... the police seem to be utterly incompetent at controlling the situation.  Why hasn't the army been called till now?? This is just unbelievable.

I hope insurance covers all the physical damages for the shops and businesses ...

May Allah protect everyone ...
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #57 on: Aug 10, 2011 04:23 PM »

Salam,

Video of the poor boy that was so callously attacked and mugged by other kids turns out to be a Muslim Malaysian student studying there: http://sal.am/magazine/news/malaysian-muslim-mugged-buying-food-to-break-his-fast-in-london-riot/  :'(

You guys need a lot of serious dua today... may Allah remove the fitnah and give you guys sabr and iman through this time of trial. May Allah heal and bless the victims and make those who died on the path of shuhadah.

Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #58 on: Aug 10, 2011 07:11 PM »

http://somethingniceforashraf.tumblr.com/
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #59 on: Aug 10, 2011 07:43 PM »

This is too bad. May Allah in His infinite mercy brings end to this anarchy. May He also make the brothers that lost their lives shahidin.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #60 on: Aug 10, 2011 07:45 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

Very sorry to hear about the havoc being caused Sad  May Allah Most High protect you all and your families.

I think it's very critical at times like these to keep a calm and composed manner - it's when emotions escalate that things can get even more out of hand (such as acting out of anger/frustration at innocent lives being harmed).  Protect yourself, your family and your community, but please take precautions and don't put yourself in unnecessary danger.

Prayers with you all and let us know if there is anything we can do....

salaam,

BTW that tumblr thing looks great, but I'm not sure how we can make sure the money and gifts etc will actually go to him? It would be better if there was a registered charity or someone who is actually in direct contact with the brother to make sure things get to him...
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #61 on: Aug 13, 2011 08:40 AM »

Salam,

A really beautiful article on the subject: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2025393/UK-riots-Haroon-Jahan-death-Legacy-society-believes-nothing.html

Raw with grief, in a voice steady but tight with emotion, his appeal for calm on Wednesday was a beacon of hope amid the tumult and carnage of a horribly dark week for Britain.

Hours before he spoke, Tariq Jahan had lost his 21-year-old son Haroon, murdered in the Winson Green area of Birmingham by thugs who drove at him in their car in what appears to have been a racist attack.

No one could be more aware of the simmering racial tensions between Asians in his neighbourhood and those of Caribbean ancestry.

Yet Mr Jahan had the dignity, the compassion and the common sense to demand an end to the violence that had shattered his life. ‘Blacks, Asians, whites — we all live in the same community,’ he said. ‘Why do we have to kill one another? Why are we doing this? Step forward if you want to lose your sons. Otherwise, calm down and go home — please.’

There was no mention of feral rats or of the sickness in our society. There were no calls for revenge. If he had screamed for retribution, if he had chosen the emotional occasion of his son’s death to denounce whole swathes of the community, there could easily have been an unspeakable outbreak of racial violence.

Instead, Mr Jahan made an open and straightforward declaration of his faith. ‘I’m a Muslim. I believe in divine fate and destiny, and it was his destiny and his fate, and now he’s gone,’ he said. ‘And may Allah forgive him and bless him.’

It was a solemn, peaceful message that will make everyone who stereotypes Muslims as terrorists and fanatics feel ashamed of themselves. Tariq Jahan is a deeply impressive man, and like the great majority of Muslims in this country, he is hard-working, clean-living, guided in his conduct by religious belief, and unshakeable in his devotion to the ideal of family life.

In London at the height of the riots, we saw another clear expression of faith when more than 700 Sikhs lined up to defend their temples from potential arsonists in the suburb of Southall to the west of the capital. The Sikhs have a proud tradition of valuing each human being, male and female, as equal in God’s eyes. Theirs is a religion in which family is paramount.

We do not know the size of the bank balance of those Sikhs, any more than we know how wealthy are the Muslims of Winson Green. From looking at the streets and houses where they live, and the shops where they buy their food, it is safe to assume that they are not rich.

It is probable, too, that their teenagers would like to have large-screen televisions and fashionable trainers and BlackBerries.

But you can pretty well guarantee they would not have been among the looters.
Sikhs outside the Sri Guru Singh Sabha temple in Southall this week

Instilled into them would have been the importance of working hard for money to buy these things, rather than hurling a brick through a shop window to help themselves.

Paramount among their moral values would be concern for others, a sense of altruism that could not be more different from the sense of self-entitlement that been so grotesquely on display this week. The reason for this is that they are from religious families.

All the main religions are unshakeable when it comes to self-evident truths about right and wrong; about stealing, harming others, coveting goods, instant gratification and so on.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2025393/UK-riots-Haroon-Jahan-death-Legacy-society-believes-nothing.html#ixzz1UtOVEhcJ
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #62 on: Aug 13, 2011 12:50 PM »

salam

I don't like the Daily Mail and avoid it like the plague, but for once I think they and all the papers (they're all running similar stories right now), have finally figured it out.

A life devoid of moral and ethical responsibility is eventually going to lead to a total break down in social order.

People of religion don't behave like this because it's not just the fear of being caught that stops them, it's the fear of their God. And altho we're always accused of living only in areas where others of our religion/culture live creating 'ghettos', these communities tend to help eachother out, yes the aunties all know whats happening with us (sometimes before we do) but this nosiness keeps us together.

There's a saying; it takes a village to raise a child. We need to go back to that.

Wassalaam

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #63 on: Aug 13, 2011 12:52 PM »

salam

The Daily Telegraph's take.

Wassalaam

In Southall, west London, a crowd of turbaned Sikh men stood guard outside their temples last Tuesday night. Some held swords, others hockey sticks as they defied the looters to approach. None dared.

Over in Whitechapel, rioters were held back by 1,500 Muslim men – mostly Bengali, but also Somalis – emerging from the mosque after evening prayers. In Ealing, Monika Gnoinska, a Pole who came here 20 years ago, and her daughter Agneska, 27, decided that they couldn’t stand by and “watch these gangs wreck the country”. Armed with brooms and dust-pans, they joined their eastern European neighbours in a collective clean-up operation: “The street was full,” Monika said, “and everyone was saying, 'We work hard, and we’re grateful to Britain for what it’s done for us. We won’t allow any more nonsense.’ ” Turks in Dalston, Poles in Ealing, and Kurds in Haringey stood up to the thieving thugs at night, then spent the day helping repair the damage.

Across the country, ethnic communities have emerged as the heroes of the week’s riots – and, in the case of the three Muslim youths who were killed as they defended their neighbourhood in Birmingham, its martyrs. They have shown themselves to be not just as law-abiding as the Anglo-Saxons, but far more inspiring.

For many Britons, who have long looked down on the newcomers, or mocked them for their Borat values, this will come as a surprise – probably an uncomfortable one. The burgeoning immigrant community has been caricatured as anti-gay, anti-women, and dangerously intolerant. The sight of Polish Catholics, Punjabi Sikhs or Muslim Turks has filled liberal hearts with fears of social polarisation, and of religion intruding into the public square. Traditionalists suspect that the Muslim influx, in particular, threatens to destroy the already fragile hold of our Judaeo-Christian traditions: George Carey, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, has warned the Government against taking in groups who fail to “understand our Christian heritage”.

The response to the riots should humble these sceptics. As a cluster of youths stood guard outside the mosque in Whitechapel, Josie Ensor, a Daily Telegraph reporter, asked if they had been moved to defend their own people. They shook their head: they wanted to protect their country, not just their community.

Their patriotism, which echoes that of the Poles in Ealing, is striking, especially in an area where the BNP and English Defence League boast a growing presence. But their actions teach us other lessons, too. Coverage of the riots has repeatedly focused on the damage to the “community”. This is ironic, given the total disregard for neighbours and local businesses that the mob has shown: there’s no such thing as community for the owner of the deli in Dalston who has witnessed the destruction of her family-run shop and the terrorising of her elderly father. Social ties of duty, respect, trust – if they still existed – have gone up in smoke. The only community the rioters belong to is a virtual one, which allows them to communicate the location and timing of their next rampage through websites and mobile phones.

Yet in the tight-knit enclaves peopled by Kurds, Sikhs, Poles and others, a strong sense of community does survive. Everyone knows each other and what they’re up to; and everyone shares a clear belief system. It is an environment that can prove distinctly uncomfortable for non‑conformists: passing judgment is as much part of this existence as halal butchery or carp at Christmas. But it also provides an invaluable safety net that makes the state’s assistance redundant. It is mutual obligations, not government incentives or punishments, that motivates members of such communities. Dependence on the state is largely seen as unacceptable.

Equally importantly, the alternatives to the family so cherished by liberals have never taken root: marriage is the model they live by and aspire to. Divorce is almost nil, single motherhood ditto; extended families living together are routine. Strong immigrant families support their children, but also supply them with a lifelong moral compass. Many of those young people probably recognised, among the masked figures setting cars on fire and smashing shops, their schoolmates and neighbours. Perhaps they attend the same clubs or cinemas as the hooded boys and girls running riot. They may even have the same failing grades, and struggle under the same burden of illiteracy.

Yet these children are not morally illiterate. They know that looting is wrong. They also know that crime is punished: not necessarily by the police, but by parents, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins and neighbours. In the familiar surroundings of Ealing, Southall, and Birmingham, social stigma turns rule-breakers into pariahs. Over the past few days, immigrant communities have challenged the British way of life. They have dared their hosts to revive their own moribund communities, to rebuild broken families, and to adhere to a moral code. Can the natives measure up?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8693558/Immigrants-love-this-country-more-than-we-do.html

Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #64 on: Aug 13, 2011 01:21 PM »

It takes senseless riots in London that killed innocent people for them realize that we are not terrorists, that we are decent people with values. Ironic! Well it about time.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #65 on: Aug 18, 2011 07:04 PM »

Assalaam Alaikum,

Looks like today is the janazah for the 3 Muslim brothers that were killed. May Allah enter them into His Mercy and grant Sabr to their families.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14580697
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #66 on: Aug 19, 2011 02:14 AM »

Assalaam Alaikum,

Looks like today is the janazah for the 3 Muslim brothers that were killed. May Allah enter them into His Mercy and grant Sabr to their families.

Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #67 on: Aug 19, 2011 06:08 AM »

Ameen.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: