Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Duas for Ramadan & the rest of the year!  (Read 5739 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 09, 2011 11:45 PM »

salam,

what are u guys's favorite duas for ramadan?? bropraying

this one's one of my favorites...just feels all encompassing:

Allahumma rahmataka arjoo falaa      O Allah! It is Your mercy that I hope for
takilnee ilaa nafsee tarfata                so do not leave me to myself even for a
'aynin wa aslih-lee sha'nee                  blink of an eye and rectify for me all of
kullahu, laa ilaha illa anta                   my affairs. There is no god but You.

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2011 10:44 AM »

Sh. Mokhtar's favorite dua (I suspect):

O Allah, make the best of our days, the day that we meet You. (although I do believe he says happiest)

Allahumma ja'al khayra ayyamina, yawma nalqa'q.

(Yes in fact he does say happiest sa'adah in there somewhere i think after ayyamina but not sure how it works gramatically?)

Found this one too with more stuff although he doesn't say it...
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ خَيْرَ عُمْرِي آخِرَهُ ، وَ خَيْرَ عَمَلِي خَوَاتِمَهُ ، وَ خَيْرَ أَيَّامِى يَوْمَ أَلْقَاكَ فِيهِ

Allahumma aj'al khaira 'umuri akhira, wa khaira 'amali khawatimahu, wa khaira ayyami yawmal-qaka fihi

O Allah! Make the best of my life the end of it, and the last of my deeds the best one; and the best of my days the Day when I meet You.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2011 10:51 AM »

This is a good thread. I'm always looking for more duaas to add to my list.

I like this one: (Hadhrat Yusuf's duaa)

allahumma ya mo'nisa kulla ghareeb
wa ya sahiba kulla waheed
wa ya malja'a kulla khaa'if
wa ya kashifa kulla kurbah
wa ya aalima kulla najwa
wa ya muntaha kulla shakwa
wa ya hadira kulla mala' ya hayy ya qayyoom,
iqthif rajaa'aka fi qalbi hatta la yakoona liya hammun
wa la shughlun ghayruk, ij'al lee min amree hatha farajan wa makhrajan
innaka 'ala kulli shay'in qadeer.

O Allah O Friend of the stranger
and O Companion of the lonely
and O Refuge of the fearful
and O Remover of the sorrow
and O Knower of the secrets
and O Caretaker of the complaints
and O Present of the assemblies
and O Eternal, O Everlasting
Cast your hope (ie. hope of Allah) in my heart
so that there is no grief unto me
and do not occupy (me with) other than you
make this for me an opening and escape from my problems
Verily you have power over all things
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2011 11:05 AM »

That's a very nice one mashaAllah although might be hard to memorize for some being longish.  

and there's also a really nice one about cleansing one's heart like pure white snow i think i have that somewhere...

and i like the putting noor everywhere one i'll add that later iA
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2011 11:27 AM »

salam

(Recite three times)
It has been narrated by Hazrat Imraan bin Husain (radhiallaho anho) that Rasulullah (sallellaho alaihe wasallam) had taught his father this dua:

اَللّٰهُمَّ اَلْهِمْنِىْ رُشْدِىْ وَاَعِذْنِىْ مِنْ شَرِّ نَفْسِىْ

“Oh Allah, inspire me with guidance and protect me from the evil of myself.”
(Tirmizi vol.2 pg.186)

اَللَّهُمَّ اَصْلِحْ لِىْ دُنْيَاى الَّتِىَْ فِيْهَا مَعَاشِىْ وَ اَصْلِحْ

لِىْ اخِرَتِىَ الَّتِىْ فِيْهَا مَعَادِىْ وَ اجْعَلِْ الْحَيوةَ زِيَادَةً

لِّىْ فِىْ كُلِّ خَيْرٍ وَّ اجْعَلِ الْمَوْتَ رَاحَةً لِىْ مِنْ كُلِّ

شَرٍّ

Allahumm-aslih li diniyalladhi huwa ismatu amri, wa aslih li dunyaya-llati fiha ma'ashi, wa aslih li akhirati-llati fiha ma`adi, waj`alil-hayata ziyadatan li fi kulli khair, waj`alil-mauta rahatan li min kulli sharrin
O Allah! Set right my faith which is the safeguard of my affairs. And set right for me my worldy affairs wherein is my living. And set right for me my Hereafter on which depends my after-life. And make my life for me (a source) of abundance for every good and make my death a source of comfort for me protecting me against every evil
[Muslim, 35/6565]
[Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) used to say (the above)]

اللَّهُمَّ اِنِّى اَسْئَلُكَ الْفَوْزَ فِى الْقَضَآءِ

Allahumma inni as'alukal fauza fil qadaai'
O Allah! I ask You for success concerning my destiny  

اللَّهُمَّ اِنِّى اَسْئَلُكَ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ كُلِّه عَاجِله وَ اجِلِه مَا

عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَ مَا لَمْ اَعْلَمْ

Allahumma inni as'aluka min al khairi kullihi 'ajilihi wa ajilihi, ma 'alimtu minhu wa ma lam a'alam
 O Allah! I ask You for all the good which is in the present or in the future, which I know and which I do not know [a comprehensive du'a taught to Aisha by the Prophet (saws)]   (dont have a source for this one)

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2011 12:58 PM »

Salam alaikum

I *love* this thread...keep the Duaas coming!

JO: I learnt that one long ago, but havent made it in a while, thanks for the reminder, the meaning is really beautiful and so what i need currently!

Here's one I say every day (although I learnt it in Ramadaan, and many people make it in Ramadaan or on Laylatul Qadr specifically)

اللهم انك عفو كريم تحب العفو فاعفو عنا
"Allahumma innaka afuwwun kareemun tuhibbul afwa fa'fu anna." 
O Allah! Thou art the Most forgiving, Thou lovest forgiveness, so forgive us.

I have loads of Duaas I want to post.  Took me long to write that in Arabic, so will have to do a little at a time Wink
Wasalam
S.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2011 07:20 AM »

Here's the noor one I was talking about!!

"O Allah (God), illuminate my heart with light, and my eyes with light and my ears with light
and let there be light on my right and light on my left. Let there be light above me and light below me,
let there be light in front of me and light behind me. O Allah, make me a light"

Allahumma ja'al fee qalbee nooraan,  wa fee basaree nooran, wa fee sam'ee nooran,  
wa ja'al an yameeni nooran, wa an yasaari nooran, wa ja'al an fawqee nooran,
wa min tahtee nooran, wa ja'al amaamee nooran, wa khalfee nooran.  
Allahumma ja'al lee nooran.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2011 07:50 AM »

I found this really unusual dua and have been pondering on it all day, any thoughts about it??

Allahumma arzuqni ainaini hatta lataini tasqiyanil qalba
bidhuroofid dam'i min khashyatika qabla an takuna
dumu'u damanw wal adraasu jamran.

O Allah grant me such eyes as would shed tears in Your fear and irrigate the heart,
before they are turned into tears of blood and the nails are transformed into fire.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2011 07:53 AM »

Dua recited by Muslims the fast begins: Suhoor

Wa bisawmi ghadinn nawaiytu min shahri Ramadan.

I intend to keep the fast for tomorrow in the month of Ramadan.
[abu Dawud]

Dua recited by Muslims when they break the fast: Iftar

Allahumma inni laka sumtu wa bika aamantu [wa 'alayka tawakkaltu] wa 'ala rizq-ika aftarthu

O Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You [and I put my trust in You] and I break my fast with Your sustenance ["wa 'alayka tawakkaltu" is quoted in some books of knowledge - but not all, hence it is in brackets] [abu Dawud]

dhahabadh-dhama'u wab-tallatil 'uruuqi, wa thabatal arju inshaAllah

The thrist is gone, the veins are moistened and the reward is confirmed, if Allah [Ta'ala] Wills
[abu Dawud 2:306]

Allaahumma inni as’aluka birahmatika al-lati wasi'at kulli shay’in an taghfira li

O Allah, I ask You by Your mercy which envelopes all things, that You forgive me.
[a du'a that Abdullah ibn Amar (radiAllahu anhu) used to say when breaking his fast - as reported by Ibn abi Mulaykah (radiAllahu anhu)]

Dua recited by Muslims when they break the fast at someone’s home:

Aftara 'indakumus saa'imuna, wa akala ta'aamakumul-abraaru, wasallat 'alaikumul mala'ikat
May those who are fasting break their fast in your home, and may the dutiful and pious eat your food and may the angels send prayers upon you.
[abu Dawud 3:367, ibn Majah 1:556, an Nasa'i]

Allahu Akbar. Allahumma ahillahu 'alayna bil-amni wal-imaani, was-salaamati, wal-Islami, wat-tawfeeqi lima tuhibbu Rabbana wa tardha. Rabbuna wa RabbukAllahu

Allah is the Greatest. O Allah bring us the new moon with security and faith, with peace and in Islam, and in harmony with what our Lord Loves and what pleases Him. Our Lord and your Lord is Allah
[at-Tirmidhi 5:504, ad-Darimi 1:336]

During Ramadan days Muslims apart from reciting the five daily prayers they also recite special Prayer called Taraweeh Prayer also called as the night prayer given below:

Subhana dhil Mulki wal Malakuti, Subhana dhil izzati wal aDhmati wal haybati wal Qudrati, wal kibriyaa'i wal jabaroot Subhanal Malikil hayyil ladhi, la yunaamu wa la yamutu, Subbuhun, Quddusun, Rabbul malaa'ikati war-rooh
La ilaha illal lahu, nustugfirullahi
nas 'alukul jannati, wa na udhubika min an-naar

Glorified is the Owner of the Kingdom of the earth and the heavens; Glorified is the Possessor of Honour and Magnificence and Awe, and Power and Greatness and Omnipotence
Glorified is the Sovereign, the Living, Who does neither sleep nor die
O all Glorious, All Holy one, Our lord and the Lord of the Angels, And the soul.
There is no God but You, Forgive us, Grant us Paradise, and save us from (hell) fire.

http://www.theeid.com/ramadan/ramadan-duas.html

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2011 08:00 AM »

Salaam sisters, check this one:

http://magpk.wordpress.com/2009/08/27/daily-ramadan-duas-1-to-30/

The Almighty Allah says,

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2011 08:04 AM »

can't believe i forgot this one!! so simple, yet so important!

Allahumma aatini kitaabi bi yameeni

O Allah, grant me my Book (of deeds) in my right hand.
Halima
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2011 08:18 AM »

"Rabbana atena fid dunya hasana, wa fil aakherate hasana, wa kena adhaab an-Naar"
(O Allah, give the good of this world, and the good of the life hereafter, and save us from the punishment of the fire.)

'Laa ilaha illalaaho, Wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, Lahul Mulk, wa lahul Hamd, wa ala kulle shayyin Qadeer.’
(There is no god but Allah, Alone, Who has no partner; to Him Alone belongs the Dominion, to Him Alone belongs all Praise; and He Alone has Power over all things.)"

I have a whole booklet of Duas with translation. The one sis jannah posted about light is among them. The first one above has more to it, mentioning the Prophet SAW with his companions.

The Almighty Allah says,

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #12 on: Aug 11, 2011 11:01 AM »

Prayer of our Holy Prophet(Peace and blessings be upon him):
Allahumma inni asa'lukl afwal a'fiyah wal ma'afat at da'ema fid deeni wad dunya wal akhirah wal fauza bil jannati wa najaba minannar.

My Lord I beg pardon of all my sins and beg peace and prosperity ever lasting in this world and the next life and access into paradise and finally salvation from hell.

Can someone please suggest me a dua to help me start my pending work??I have been procrastinating a very important work since a long time...seems like i have lost interest in it...but must do it.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #13 on: Aug 11, 2011 10:54 PM »

salam

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ لَا يَنْفَعُ وَمِنْ قَلْبٍ لَا يَخْشَعُ وَمِنْ نَفْسٍ ‏لَا تَشْبَعُ ‏ ‏وَمِنْ دَعْوَةٍ لَا يُسْتَجَابُ لَهَا‏

Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min ‘ilmin la yanfa’u wa min qalbin la yakhsha’u wa min nafsin la tashba’u wa min da’watin la yustajabu laha

“O Allah, I seek refuge in You from knowledge which does not benefit, from a heart that does not entertain the fear (of Allah), from a soul that is not satisfied and the supplication that is not answered.”

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Aug 12, 2011 06:17 AM »

ws,

great contributions guys!! maybe we should make this a year round thread  heart

Here is a nice book of duas:
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Aug 12, 2011 03:59 PM »

salam

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Allahumma, Ya Muqallibal Qulub,
Thabbit qulubuna ala deenik

"O Allah, O turner of hearts!
Keep our hearts steadfast on Thy religion",

Wassalaam

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Aug 12, 2011 08:18 PM »

This is the snow one I was thinking of... snowflake snowflake

Allahumma baid bayni wa bayena khatayaya kama baadta bayena al-mashriki wal maghribi.
O Allah! Set me apart from my sins as You have set apart the East from the West.

Allahumma naqqiniy' min khatayaya kama yonaqa al thawbo alabyado min aldans.
0 Allah! Cleanse me from my sins like a white garment is cleansed from dirt.

Allahumma igysilniy min khatayaya bilmai wathalgi walbarad.
0 Allah! Wash off my sins with water, snow and hail.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2011 09:00 AM »

Rabbighfirlee
O my Lord forgive me.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Aug 14, 2011 09:03 AM »

On beauty and ugliness...

Allahumma zayyinni bi zinat al-iman.

O Allah! Beautify me with the beauty of Faith.

As'aluka ya Allah, an laa tushawwih khalqi bil naar.

I beseech You O Allah, not to make my being ugly with Fire.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Aug 15, 2011 12:30 AM »

رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا

Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous.

This is Nouman Ali Khan's favorite Dua according to one article, and the brotha does have a wife and 6 kids now so mashaAllah Wink

Also attached Arabic PDF on adhkar to say in salah ie after takbeer, in ruku, standing up after ruku, in sujud, and sitting between the two sujud.
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #20 on: Aug 15, 2011 10:36 AM »

Salam alaikum

Great Duaas, keep them coming!

اللهم ارزقنا الجنة وما قرب اليها من قول وعمل
وأجرنا من النار وما قرب اليها من قول وعمل

Oh Allah, we ask that You grant us Jannah and the words and deeds that will bring us closer to it, and we seek your refuge from the hellfire and the words and deeds that may bring us closer to it.

---

اللهم ارزقنا الجنة بغير حساب
Oh Allah, grant us Jannah wihtout reckoning...

ameen to all the duaas.
Salam
S.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Aug 17, 2011 12:06 AM »

Allahumma inni as'alukal Jannah, wa a'udhu bika min an-Naar.

O Allah! I ask You For Paradise, and seek refuge in You from the Fire.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #22 on: Aug 17, 2011 06:46 AM »

Sa’d ibn Waqas reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “The supplication made by the Companion of the Fish (Prophet Yunus) in the belly of the fish was,

‘La ilaha illa anta, subhanaka, inni kuntu minadh-dhalimin

(there is no god but You, You are far exalted and above all weaknesses, and I was indeed the wrongdoer)’.

If any Muslim supplicates in these words, his supplication will be accepted.”

In another report we read, “I know words that will cause Allah to remove one’s distress. These are the words (of supplication) of my brother Yunus, peace be upon him,”
Source: Tirmidhi
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Aug 17, 2011 06:50 AM »

It took me a long time to find this in Arabic!! Here it is let's memorize it iA!!!

O Allah! Strengthen my religion, which is my fortress,
make this world a better place of sojourn for me,
and grant me a good life in the Hereafter which will be my abode.
Make my life increase in all goodness
and my death a rest from all evil.

اَللَّهُمَّ اَصْلِحْ لِىْ ديني الذي هو عصمة امري,
وَ اَصْلِحْ لِىْ دُنْيَاى الَّتِىَْ فِيْهَا مَعَاشِىْ
 وَ اَصْلِحْ لِىْ اخِرَتِىَ الَّتِىْ فِيْهَا مَعَادِىْ
 وَ اجْعَلِْ الْحَيوةَ زِيَادَةً لِّىْ فِىْ كُلِّ خَيْرٍ
 وَّ اجْعَلِ الْمَوْتَ رَاحَةً لِىْ مِنْ كُلِّ شَرٍّ

Allahumma asleh li Deeniyallathi huwa ismato amri,
wa asleh li Dunyayallati Feeha ma-ashi
wa asleh li Aakhiratyallati feeha Ma-adi,
waj-alil hayata ziadatalli fi kulle khairinw,
wajalil Mauta Rahatan-li min kulle sharr.
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #24 on: Aug 17, 2011 03:21 PM »

This is my favourite du'a which I make even when it's not Ramadan. It's the du'a that Allah (SWT)taught Adam (AS) & Hawaa as they didn't know how to ask for forgiveness.

قَالَا رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

They said: Our Lord! We have been unjust to ourselves, and if Thou forgive us not, and have (not) mercy on us, we shall certainly be of the losers. (7:23)

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: