Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hyderabadi propaganda ;)  (Read 2322 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Aug 12, 2011 10:16 AM »

Haleem is now healthy too

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/yummy-haleem-is-now-healthy-too--1313040919-slideshow/
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2011 04:38 PM »

Salams, Ummm definitely propoganda Wink

Since Haleem contains red meat and ghee — both high in cholesterol — many are avoiding it. “ Keeping this demand in view, we have introduced a new variety called ‘ Diet Haleem’ this season. This new variety has anti- ageing ingredients due to presence of natural antioxidants like dry fruits. Consumers will feel more energetic and young,” Majeed said.
Do ppl eat it everyday or something? I think once in awhile should be ok, but all that ghee is going to have transfat too...
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2011 05:36 PM »

ws
Yes, most people eat it everyday coz you get it only during Ramadhan. Today is the 11th of Ramadhan here and I've had it 5 times already Smiley
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2011 09:52 PM »

salam

To be fair, when you have Haleem on the menu, one doesn't eat anything else it's just the haleem (in our house anyway), as it's so filling.

Is red meat bad, I love red meat, I am apathetic to white meat, but red meat I love.

Sorry sr Jannah that diet haleem sounds rank!

We don't put ghee in haleem tho.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2011 12:30 AM »

Diet Haleem is stupid, weird, pathetic..in fact it can't be called Haleem unless you have all the yummy fatty stuff in it. Weird people, trying to make a fuss out of Haleem, like they never have those awfully fatty McD burgers and fries.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2011 07:20 AM »

salams,

hey hey no one is saying one should eat burgers and fries instead!! we all know what happens when u eat mcd's every day for 30 days via that documentary! i think there's a reason desis have a huge high cholesterol/blood pressure/heart attack problem!! ppl should just be aware of what they're eating and how much of it....transfat will seriously kill u, there's a reason why it's banned in many cities. ghee has transfat it's like all transfat!! everything we eat as desis is full of oil, ghee, sugar or fried!! not saying don't eat it sometimes as a treat, but when it's our staple diet not so good.

red meat yes bad < white meat better < certain fish according to nutritionists much better
akhan
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2011 08:32 AM »

I wasn't pointing at you, sorry if it seemed like that. I was talking about those pot bellied people here who talk endlessly about diet food and eating healthy and still have those XXXXXL pot bellies. Now they're trying to malign our centuries old tradition. Bloody hypocrites!!! Seriously, they eat western style fatty food throughout the year like it's the only thing that's gonna prevent them from starving to death. Then, they ridicule our poor and innocent Haleem, which you can only find for a month. Pathetic.

And yea, I watched the McD documentary and I know that transfat is bad and red<white<fish. But I still binge on Haleem coz it only visits us for a month and then it's gone :'( Plus, I don't really gain/lose weight during this month, probably a kilo here and there so I guess it's justified. Worries about losing muscle and gaining fat are not really worries coz I get back to kickboxing a couple of days after Eid.

So altogether - Haleem is just awesome!!!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2011 08:43 AM »

"our poor and innocent Haleem" lol lol u don't have to sell us on the awesomeness of haleem for those who like it apparently there is nothing like it on the face of the earth  oldshaykh Wink and i have no worries abt u i'm sure when u get married ur wife will sort u out!! Tongue

ws
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: Aug 13, 2011 09:15 AM »

I'm having an office colleagues HYD iftar tonite.

Propaganda works. really  Wink

akhan
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 2011 09:47 AM »

"our poor and innocent Haleem" lol lol u don't have to sell us on the awesomeness of haleem for those who like it apparently there is nothing like it on the face of the earth  oldshaykh Wink and i have no worries abt u i'm sure when u get married ur wife will sort u out!! Tongue

ws

I am selling the awesomeness to those who haven't yet started liking it Wink

And you gotta live in the moment. I don't know if I'll be alive till 2 minutes later forget about getting married and the wife sorting me out Tongue

Br Jaihoon - it sure does Smiley
moderatesufi
« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2011 12:09 AM »

As long as they don't add dhal it is very healthy.
You know what the worst thing about Hyderabad is?
All the Urdu.
What desi type people need to understand, is Arabic is the Language of Islam and the Quran. Urdu is just Hindi, written in Arabic script.
My problem with Urdu is lots of Muslims are taught urdu as a second language, when they should be taught Arabic.
Why?

akhan
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2011 01:23 AM »

Dal is very healthy bro. You need to discard the notion in your mind of dal being unhealthy. On the contrary, Haleem with or without dal is unhealthy because it has ghee and red meat in it.

You know what the worst thing about Hyderabad is?
All the Urdu.
What desi type people need to understand, is Arabic is the Language of Islam and the Quran. Urdu is just Hindi, written in Arabic script.
My problem with Urdu is lots of Muslims are taught urdu as a second language, when they should be taught Arabic.
Why?
For one, don't speak about things that you don't know of. You live in London yet you act like you know what's happening in every corner of the world. Don't assume things and insist that your assumptions are always right.
About Hyderabad and Urdu and Arabic - Not many people take Urdu as a second language here, most of us study Hindi and Arabic. Urdu is just our mother tongue, we speak it, we don't study it.

btw, I had to ask, where are you originally from?
moderatesufi
« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2011 04:47 AM »

I don't agree that ghee and the small quantities of red meat in Hallim are unhealthy. Ghee is an animal fat, and they are much more easy to metabolise than vegetable fats.
The problem with too much red meat is the lack on fibre. There is no lack of fibre in Hallim.
The amount of ghee in a liquid such as Halim is small compared to the amount of oil in fried food.

btw, I had to ask, where are you originally from?
A long way away
 Smiley
akhan
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2011 05:30 AM »

Hah..that's what I meant when I asked you not to make assumptions.
Haleem is not a liquid, it's a lot thicker than porridge. Of course, there is no lack of fibre but the amount of red meat exceeds the fibre by 1.5-2 times. Ghee might be easy to metabolise, but it easily ups the cholesterol too and you don't know how much ghee they put here so...

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2011 07:49 AM »

salams,

urdu is a mix of arabic, persian and sanskrit. it's actually *alot* of arabic. urdu has a very long muslim tradition in india and there is a wealth of islamic resources only available in urdu, such as books, lectures and scholarship. in terms of islamic resources and learning there, urdu is a better vehicle for them than arabic. it is sad that in india urdu has become a 'second language' instead of the first language taught to muslims. yes my uncle is a professor of urdu there Wink

moderatesufi
« Reply #15 on: Aug 15, 2011 06:00 AM »

salams,

urdu is a better vehicle for them than arabic. i

This is why I hate Urdu and think it should be banned.

It is true that Urdu has a lot of Arabic and Persian words in it, but so do all languages in all lands that were once ruled by Islam. Spanish is full of Arabic and Persian words, but they don't teach Spanish in Madrasa, or use it as an alternative to Arabic.
Even Languages in Countries that have never been ruled by Muslims have Arabic and Persian words, including Cherokee in North America.
Arabic is the language we use in our Salat and it is the language of our Quran. Without it, the words we say in our salat are just noises to us, and we we read the Quran like how a parrot copies phrases.

Urdu may have Arabic words in it, but so does English. It is not Arabic or a dialect of Arabic. It is Hindi, written in an Arabic script. So it doesn't allow people to understand the Quran and the Sunnah. It allows people to understand Hindi Films and Hindi songs.
Because Urdu is Hindi, written in an Arabic script!
akhan
Bro

« Reply #16 on: Aug 15, 2011 06:23 AM »

Man, you seem to have a serious personality disorder. You have to stop hating everything.
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Aug 15, 2011 06:43 AM »

Assalamu'alaikum wr wb

"Verily, my prayers, my life and my death is for naught but Allah SWT".

In our daily struggles as a Muslim living in the fitnah-ridden dunya, one of the more difficult thing to do is to always make Allah SWT our priority instead of meeting deadlines, passing exams etc. Whatever means we can have to help us reaffirm our commitment as quoted above is a blessing indeed.

Arabic is a beautiful language, worthy of being the language of the Qur'an and Subhanallah...may Allah SWT reward those who not only know the language but use it to do da'wah.

For the rest of the Muslim population who may have difficulty using Arabic to worship and get closer to Allah SWT, despair not for Allah SWT has opened so many doors for us to approach Him. If learning Islam with Urdu makes you feel connected to Allah SWT, by all means, speak Urdu. I speak fluent English, Malay and a smattering of Arabic. I memorise the standard du'ahs in Arabic but when I am in trouble or when I want to feel closer to Allah SWT, I speak in Malay because that is a language closer to my heart.

Bro Moderatesufi.....sufism is about striving in the path towards Allah SWT. To hate Urdu when Urdu has helped so many to embrace Islam and to be better Muslims is to close a door when Allah has opened it.

May Allah SWT make this Ramadan one where we Muslims are more united in our effort to receive His maghfirah.

Wassalam
akhan
Bro

« Reply #18 on: Aug 24, 2011 01:35 PM »

Haleem and Biryani on Indian CNN

pt.1 Recipes for the perfect Haleem & Biryani in Hyderabad, India

pt.2 Recipes for the perfect Haleem & Biryani in Hyderabad, India

pt.3 Recipes for the perfect Haleem & Biryani in Hyderabad, India

pt.4 Recipes for the perfect Haleem & Biryani in Hyderabad, India
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #19 on: Sep 12, 2011 05:46 AM »

Every language is Holy, for, they are all signs of Allah. Quran is explicitly clear about this point.

salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #20 on: Oct 23, 2011 01:15 PM »

I'm sorry to revive this discussion but I just wanted to add my two cents:

Although learning Arabic is important, especially for being able to pronounce the prayer, and no one is disputing the importance of learning Arabic, it is important to know that we need to learn other languages for the sake of da^wah, i.e. to be able to teach others about the religion of Islaam in the language they speak and understand.  Also, scholars who mastered the Arabic language when it was not their own, like Imam Abu Hanifah and Imam al-Ghazaliyy, both who were Persian, also taught and wrote religious knowledge and judgements in Persian for their own people.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
moderatesufi
« Reply #21 on: Oct 23, 2011 09:20 PM »

Does anyone use Urdu In Dawa?

I was under the understanding that you would learn a language spoken by Kaffir if you wanted to do dawa to Kaffir?

Urdu is learnt as an nationalistic alternative to Arabic.

there is no other reason for it, so it is best not to fabricate reasons.
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

« Reply #22 on: Oct 23, 2011 11:04 PM »

Does anyone use Urdu In Dawa?

I was under the understanding that you would learn a language spoken by Kaffir if you wanted to do dawa to Kaffir?

Christians in Pakistan speak Urdu.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
moderatesufi
« Reply #23 on: Oct 23, 2011 11:17 PM »

So do the Muslims, so not sure they would need to learn it to teach them about Islam?

The reason why Christians in Pakistan can speak Urdu is Urdu has been declared the national language of Pakistan.
Why Urdu, if it isn't even a native language in Pakistan?

If they were going to pick a Non-native language  as the official language, to show their Islam.
Why not the language of Islam, Arabic?
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

« Reply #24 on: Oct 25, 2011 02:05 PM »

So do the Muslims, so not sure they would need to learn it to teach them about Islam?

They're obviously not doing a good job if there are still pockets of Christians there, hence why someone who is sincere in doing da^wah work would learn the language and go over to teach the Christians themselves.  Also, some Muslims even lack the basic knowledge in Islaam, so again one would learn the language to teach the religion to them.

Out of curiosity, are you learning Arabic yourself?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: