Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AN INTIMATE RAMADAN, PART I  (Read 935 times)
Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« on: Aug 13, 2011 02:21 PM »

AN INTIMATE RAMADAN, PART I

So, you have set your Ramadan goals and are on your way to achieving them with consistency and persistence, insha Allah.

Everyone seems to have set their sights on creating a productive ramadan by increasing our ibadah in terms of prayer, sadaqah, Qur’an, etc. However, one aspect of ibadah (or an aspect which can be considered sadaqah when done with proper intentions) is our intimate lives; that is the intimate lives with our spouses.
In the past, I recall getting into arguments with my wife when she felt that I wasn’t spending enough quality time with her. Interestingly enough, these arguments would take place just before work which would result in a decrease in productivity, stress and even tardiness, at times.

You see, as Muslims we are required to be balanced in everything that we do. This Ramadan, do not ignore your intimate relationship with your spouses as it may lead to an Unproductive Ramadan, where khushoo is lost as you’re thinking about your latest conflict during prayer or you miss fajr or isha congregation altogether as you’re trying to work things out with your spouse.

Day in and day out we need to do things with ihsan and sincerity and this should be even more emphasized in Ramadan. Although, you’re probably extremely busy with ibadah, taraweeh, suhoor, ensure you spend quality time with your spouse everyday, even if it’s 10 minutes! This will insha Allah go a long way and increase the love between the spouses and, in turn, allow you to have a peaceful and Productive Ramadan.
By: Abu Ali - Abu Ali is the CEO of Intimate Muslim. Intimate Muslim aims to increase the love between spouses through applicable email tips, sent regularly.

http://www.muslimmarriageadvice.com/2011/08/an-intimate-ramadan-part-i/

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

IntimateMuslim
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2011 01:07 AM »

Assalaam Alaykum.

Jazak Allahu khayr for sharing our article in the forum. You all can sign up on our mailing list at www.IntimateMuslim.com to receive regular reminders.

If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas please email us at tips@intimatemuslim.com.

Wa salaam,
-Abu Ali

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2777

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2011 07:58 AM »

wsalam,

you have an interesting collection of articles there brother. and apparently you got the same type of feedback on those 'how to please your husband' type articles lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: