Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  10 Beautiful Aspects Muslim Men Find Attractive In Muslim Women Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 17, 2014 01:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: A dua on both your houses.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  10 Beautiful Aspects Muslim Men Find Attractive In Muslim Women
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Is this accurate?
True
False
Very False
I'm fasting, this is Haram!
I'm fasting, and thinking of Samosas!

Author Topic: 10 Beautiful Aspects Muslim Men Find Attractive In Muslim Women  (Read 6074 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1244

« Reply #50 on: Sep 18, 2011 07:37 PM »

salam

Popular Hindi spoken in India is not pure Hindi, pure Hindi has it's origins in Sanskrit, I can't understand a word of pure Hindi.

I speak Urdu, as a child I spent several months in Saudi as I speak Urdu I picked up Arabic very fast. When I recite the Quran I can understand the surahs because a lot of the words are the same in both Urdu & Arabic.

Urdu is taught in madrassas as a lot of the Hadith & fiqh books taught to children  are written in Urdu.

Being multilingual is an asset no matter where one is.

Wassalaam 

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
austmuslimah
Sis

Reps: 101

« Reply #51 on: Sep 18, 2011 08:28 PM »

Other than the script and the name what is the difference?

Is there anything other than Urdu speakers saying aap and Hindi speakers saying tum, and urdu speakers saying aap is more respectful?
Key issue is people who call their language Urdu can understand and are understood by people who call their language Hindi.
Which is more than can be said about me(an English speaker) and speakers of Americanism. I can not understand Americanism at all!
These two are two completely different languages!

I also dispute your assertion that there is a wealth of scholarship in the Indian subcontinent in Urdu that stretches over many centuries.
Up until British rule Persian was the official language in not just Muslim India but also within the Hindu and Sikh Kingdoms.
It was the British that instituted Urdu to divorce India from Persian speaking countries that weren't under British occupation to the West, North of British occupied India.

This is not true... There are many good well known Islamic Scholars in the Indian subcontinent. I will have to look up a list and find it for you as I cant form one off the top of my head.
moderatesufi
« Reply #52 on: Sep 19, 2011 08:32 PM »

Popular Hindi spoken in India is not pure Hindi, pure Hindi has it's origins in Sanskrit, I can't understand a word of pure Hindi.

This statement doesn't mean Urdu is a different language to Hindi, it just means Urdu is the same language as popular Hindu.
Yes, you can't understand a word of what you call pure Hindi, in the same way you can't understand a word of pure English, if you use the word pure English to mean English spoken by the Angles before they invaded England from Germany.
And I am sure no one who calls themselves a Hindi speaker understand what you call pure Hindi either, but I am sure they can all understand you when you speak what you call Urdu?

I speak Urdu, as a child I spent several months in Saudi as I speak Urdu I picked up Arabic very fast.

I am sure you would have picked it up what ever languages you spoke or didn't speak.
Because children learn fast. That is why we should teach them Arabic instead of Hindi, oh I meant Urdu.

When I recite the Quran I can understand the surahs because a lot of the words are the same in both Urdu & Arabic.

If you didn't speak Urdu and spoke Arabic would that reduce or increase your understanding of the Quran?

Urdu is taught in madrassas as a lot of the Hadith & fiqh books taught to children  are written in Urdu.

All of those Books of Hadith and Fiqh you find in Urdu, are in Arabic. Them and many more.
So Madrasas should dump Urdu and teach Arabic.

Being multilingual is an asset no matter where one is.
When it comes to Urdu, also known as popular Hindi it is a language just like any other. If you learn it, you learn it for the same reason you would learn French or Cherokee, it has nothing to do with Islam and Islam has nothing to do with it.
Arabic is the language of Islam, the language of our Quran and our Sunnah.

AutsMuslimah
Oh I get it now. Your last post didn't make sense to me so I didn't reply earlier.
You thought I meant "There are no Scholars in India" by my statement "I also dispute your assertion that there is a wealth of scholarship in the Indian subcontinent in Urdu that stretches over many centuries."
That is not what I meant. What I meant was up until British rule Persian was the language that was used for scholarship!
Not just by Ulima, but by the kings and governments. Not just by the Muslim Kings and Governments, but all the rulers, Hindus, Sikhs everyone!

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1244

« Reply #53 on: Sep 19, 2011 09:10 PM »

Zain Bhikha - Flowers are red

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
moderatesufi
« Reply #54 on: Sep 19, 2011 10:59 PM »

alif baa taa
akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #55 on: Sep 20, 2011 12:47 AM »

moderatesufi, bro are you schizophrenic or something? coz it's always "I'm right, I'm right, I'm right" ... btw, good luck trying to wipe off urdu and dhal from the face of this earth Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - 10 Beautiful Aspects Muslim Men Find Attractive In Muslim Women

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines