// New Muslim Gamers Web Site
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Our liberation does not come from liberating our desires (as in the west), but our liberation comes from our enslavement to Allah." - Imam Zaid Shakir
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Muslim Gamers Web Site  (Read 1933 times)
muslimgamer
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
muslimgamer has no influence :(

admin of muslimgamer.com

« on: Aug 17, 2011 06:44 PM »

Salamualeykum,
I am hoping some self promotion is ok by the moderators, if not then feel free to delete the post and let me know how i can best go about it.

I recently started a new site called muslimgamer.com The reason behind it is that as myself a muslim gamer, I have seen many other Muslim gamers get abused and banned off of other sites and forums just because they announce that they are a Muslim and are looking for other Muslims to play together with. There really isn't a place where they can discuss Islam, games and technology without the fear of being abused or even worse banned (apart from sites like this:) ).

As a result I have been working on this site and am trying to let other Muslim gamers know about it. The site isn't just about games. For example this post is about one of the gamers Hajj pilgrimage last year (http://muslimgamer.com/hajj-pilgrimage-2010/), another about how Muslims really shouldn't be downloading games as it would be stealing (http://muslimgamer.com/piracy-video-games-muslims-gears-war-wtf/). Ofcourse there are a lot of other posts about games and how Muslims are portrayed in games too.

If its ok id like to do a shameless plug in the hope that if there are any Muslim gamers or other brothers and sisters interested in technology, games and apps on your site, then InshAllah they can read some articles and give us some feedback as to how to improve the site Smiley

JazakAllah

Admin of the Muslim gamers website http://muslimgamer.com. Islam,Video Games, Technology, Apps and more, from the perspective of Muslim Gamers
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2011 07:01 PM »

Walaikum salaam,

It's all cool bruv, you posted in the right place. I think all the kids at the Mosque 20 (and under and older too of course!!) are into all kinds of gaming so good to have some Islamic perspective on these types of things. I enjoyed your reflection on Hajj and the UK riots as well.

Good luck on your project inshaAllah Smiley
ws
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2011 08:04 PM »

As a biginner in programming I do like to hang out at sch sites. U are welcome bro.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
muslimgamer
Bro

admin of muslimgamer.com

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2011 07:52 PM »

JazakAllah for the support and allowing the post Smiley

Now the the site is almost testing and the content is up, the next part which is probably the hardest, is letting all the muslim gamers know that the site is there. InshAllah with word of mouth and posts like this, muslims can find other muslims to play with.

Admin of the Muslim gamers website http://muslimgamer.com. Islam,Video Games, Technology, Apps and more, from the perspective of Muslim Gamers
muslimgamer
Bro

admin of muslimgamer.com

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2011 10:44 PM »

Salamualeykum all,
Just wantd to let you know that Part 2 of the article on Hajj pilgrimage is up Smiley

http://muslimgamer.com/hajj-pilgrimage-part-2/

If you can imagine millions of people all walking towards the same point, wearing the same basic white cloth (which is very similar to the wrapping that Muslims are buried in) in the 40 degree heat it may give you a sense of what it was like. While I was in a group with others, I really tried to spend this time in solitude. I was making Zikr and dua to myself and just observing those that I passed and those that passed me on their way to  Arafat. It is a reminder that everything in this world comes to an end and when it does all of your worldly belongings really don’t mean much, because all that you can take with you is that white cloth and your deeds from this earth. An amazing sight and a reminder for Muslims about the next life.

Around 3 hours in I had one of those life changing moments. Along the road to Arafat there are mini hospitals every 2 km or so to assist anybody that is dehydrated or does not feel well. As I was passing one of them I heard a motorcycle come screaming in. An old, frail man was on the back, barely hanging on together with his son.

JazakAllah

omar#romero

omar#romero has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2011 06:05 AM »

I havent payed such games in my life. But now will definitely give a try to these sites and try to play them.

barristers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: