// Morroco bans reading quran and fasting for people convicted of being too Islamic
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate. - Thomas Jones
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morroco bans reading quran and fasting for people convicted of being too Islamic  (Read 424 times)
moderatesufi
« on: Aug 20, 2011 04:55 AM »

The Joint Committee of Former Islamist Detainees
 And The coordination of truth for the defense of prisoners of conscience and belief

Lawyers Report on;
Outrage at the rape of 4 inmates Toulal 2 Prison Meknes – Morocco

In the constraints of Committee work and for the support of the Inmates of the Terror cases especially those of them who have been transferred to Toulal 2 Prison. Therefore I visited the following prisoners on the 15th of August [Inmates in Toulal 2 Prison]:
 1- Abdul Samad Al-Musimi
2- Adel Al-Fardawi
3- Molay Umar Umrani Hadi

Meanwhile it was not possible to visit the Inmate [Shaykh] Nour Al-din Nafi’a. He and other inmates [Yusuf Khadir, Hisham Ma’ash, Al-Qanfodi, Murad Al-Riyadhi and Yassine Bu Najra] where taken to The Court of Appeal in the city of Sala on request of the judge – According to the prison director [Toulal Prison, Meknes].

How the Lawyer was received:

I re-iterate that it’s impossible for a lawyer to enter Toulal 2 prison except if he provides the Police guarding the prison with a form of identification, reason for the visit, the names of the inmates you wish to see and why. This is all noted in a specific folder designated for such matters.

This very same process must be repeated once you are within the confines of the prison perimeter but this time you are handing these details to a prison guard.
As the lawyer waits for this to be processed he is left waiting for long periods of time and his national identity card is held until he leaves the prison.

In addition to this the room where visits take place are surrounded by many guards. They continuously spy on the proceedings by listening behind the windows and doors. This is to insure the lawyer has no freedom in speaking to his client or making calls.

These are the accounts of the prisoners whom I spoke to. Just to note as they spoke these words they were very afraid and where in a state of extreme anxiety in case the guards over heard them. This was to the extent that some of them preferred to speak in French:

The Account of Adel Al-Fardawi:

About the Inmate:
- Was Born in 1982 in the city of Khribka – Unmarried
- He was kidnapped from Khribka on the 25/5/2008 and taken to Temera detention [torture] centre. He spent over 40 days there.
 - He has a sentence of 4 years from which he has spent 3 years and a month.

Conditions of detention:
- Lives in solitary confinement since his transfer to Toulal 2 prison.
- Is only allowed a 15 minute break daily where he meets one inmate only.
 - In Ramadhan he is only given one meal that is at 4pm!
- He has a single blanket that is of poor quality and indecent.
- He is only allowed to bathe once a week
- He is not allowed any medical attention.
- Does not have basic tools and materials to maintain his basic hygiene.
 - His visits are behind a fenced barrier and for 15 minutes only.
- Does not have a Quran nor does he have a watch to determine the time, which is especially needed in Ramadhan.

His Account:
He confirms that on the Monday following the last Royal speech
 (31st July) Some of the inmates, who had their Quran, were reciting in a loud voice to benefit themselves and their brothers who don’t have a Quran or cannot read Arabic fluently. At this moment the prison guards appeared and removed Abdullah Al-Manfa’a from his cell and began to beat him within hearing distance of all the inmates.

The inmates began to protest against this by shouting and demanding a stop to this action. The Prison Director at this point pulled one of the brothers protesting out of his cell [Adel Al-Fardawi]. He began to beat him across his head with his baton then he removed his trouser and exposed his nakedness. He pulled him from his beard and insulted him which eventually resulted in this brother falling unconscious. The remaining inmates in their cells then heard the Prison director [Ahmed “Al-Nakah”] instructing the guards to rape this brother and to fiddle with his private parts by inserting the baton into his rear!

After this the brother had his hands and feet bound together with a plastic bound which are extremely painful.

Then another three inmates where put through the same ordeal and they were; Abdullah Al-Manfa’a, Yusuf Al-Khudri and Abdul Samad Al-Musimi. They were then bundled into a vehicle while being beaten and taken to a designated location for a week.

They did not leave this place until they wrote a statement affirming they will never protest again and there were threats of torture if they returned to it.

Finally he [Adel Al-Fardawi] stated he was very hesitant and reluctant to say this in fear of reprisals inside the prison.

The Account of Abdul Samad Al-Musimi:

About the Inmate:
- Abdul Samad Al-Musimi, 33 years of age.
- Has a sentence of 8 years – spent 4 years and 3 months of it.

Conditions of detention:
- He lives in constant terror and fear due to the repeated threats from the guards. This is true to the extent as he was sitting with me in the visit room he would constantly look around out of fear that any guards may walk pass.

- He requests that he is transferred to Burkaz prison in Fez so he may continue his education in the Islamic College.

- Lives in solitary confinement since his transfer to Toulal prison.
- Does not have a Quran nor does he have a watch to determine the time, which is especially needed in Ramadhan.

His Account:
I was subjected to a torrent of beatings, because I protested against the disgusting manner in which Abdullah Al-Manfa’a was beaten in. The reason for this was because he was reading the Quran.

Subsequently I and another three Inmates; Abdul Samad Al-Musimi, Yusuf Al-Khudri and Adel Al-Fardawi where taken from our cells, beaten with batons then they inserted these batons into our rears. And they hit us on sensitive parts of our bodies while we were blind folded.

They then took us to a designated location and we remained there for a week.

I used to protest when I was in Sala Prison because I required medication for my allergies.

I was not taken back to my cell until a promised I will no longer protest in writing under threats of torture if I do protest again.

The Account of Molay Umar Umrani Hadi:

About the Inmate:
- Has a 10 year sentence + 4 years, he served 5 years of it.

Conditions of detention:
- Lives under constant threat and persecution to the extent he is not allowed to speak!

His Account:
He narrated that when Abdullah Al Manfa’a was reciting Quran in a loud voice the guards appeared. They took him out of his cell and began to beat him in a barbaric manner while the other inmate can hear. This caused the inmates to rise up against this as a whole. Consequently three other inmates [who are; Abdul Samad Al-Musimi, Yusuf Al-Khudri and Adel Al-Fardawi] were removed from their cells and put through brutal torture and the rest of the inmates could hear their screams. We also heard the order to rape them and insert batons into their rears. Then they were taken to a specific location, away from the cells were they remained for a week.

To Conclude:
These accounts, in which they describe their living conditions and what they are going through, were heard by me directly from the inmates themselves. They spoke to me about their conditions since being transferred to Toulal Prison mid May.

Abdul Samad Al-Idrisi
Lawyer – Meknes

Member of “Alkarama” for Human Rights.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: