Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new FREE Muslim world!!!  (Read 1352 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 22, 2011 05:29 AM »

Came home to this great news!! Everyone believes this is the end of Qaddafi's rule and a new Libya... inshaAllah Syria will follow. What a great opportunity for the Arab world to shape it's future on their own now. I pray Allah gives them the guidance and unity to change their destinies!

===========================================

Scenes of joy as Libya rebels enter central Tripoli

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14608807

Rebels waving opposition flags celebrate on Green Square

A convoy of Libyan rebels has rolled into central Tripoli past celebrating crowds after a day of heavy fighting in and around the capital.

Crowds on Green Square cheered them, waving flags and firing salutes.

President Obama said the Gaddafi regime had reached a "tipping point". The UK said the end was near for the Libyan leader, and urged him to go.

The rebels reportedly captured Col Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam, as the Colonel himself vowed to fight on.

International Criminal Court prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo said he had been informed of the arrest. The court has indicted Saif al-Islam for torturing and killing civilians.

Another of Col Gaddafi's sons, Muhammad, was speaking on the phone to al-Jazeera TV when he said the rebels were surrounding his home. Gunfire was heard before the line cut off.

The hotel where we and other foreign journalists are staying is still under the control of pro-Gaddafi guards, and we believe that they are now preparing to defend it from opposition forces.

There's been an awful lot of firing going on in recent hours in the area.

We believe there will some sort of rebel attempt to take the hotel because it's the place from which the Libyan information minister has been broadcasting his take on the conflict - it's also the place from where Libyan TV has recently been broadcasting its nightly shows from.

So it's one of the targets of the opposition forces. What's happening here is in sharp contrast to what's happening three miles - or 5km - down the road in Green Square, where there are jubilant scenes.

Fighting continued into the night in some districts while the rebels and their supporters celebrated on Green Square - which they renamed Martyrs' Square.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2011 06:16 PM »

Now we can say Libya is truly free:

Muammar Qaddafi has been killed in fighting in Sirte, according Libya's National Transitional Council. Anti-government fighters had been closing in on Qaddafi's final stronghold in Sirte, and reportedly attacked a convoy carrying the former leader today, capturing him. Qaddafi was apparently alive at the time, but died soon afterward. The uprising that began in February and built to an armed revolution has now claimed control of the country, the death of Qaddafi, and the capture of one of his sons today.

Although it's disturbing to hear of them showing on TV soldiers kicking his dead body around. That's definitely wrong.

I hope all these countries can pull together and find good leaders and build a future.

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2011 07:39 PM »

Salaams -

Again, I have to say, what an amazing thing to witness in our lifetimes! Three leaders taken down in what, less than a year? Apparently, some of these guys like hiding in holes of some kind (Saddam). Anyways, I think this was more fitting as he was taken down by the very people he oppressed - I wish that had happened in Iraq. This Arab "Spring" is truly inspiring . .

Saw the video of him being captured alive - and then dying a few moments later - regardless of whether it was right or wrong, I think he couldn't have expected any better, given what he had done and the path he chose to take once the uprising had begun. Seems like he may have been executed if he didn't die from the initial wounds, but either way - I have no sympathy - though yes, if they were indeed kicking his corpse around, that is wrong. Congressman Keith Ellison also said that Muslims don't celebrate death, but I think we can celebrate that his death brings to an official end, his time as a dictator and now, as we all know, it's his time to face the Ultimate Judge.

Also though, I can't blame the Libyan people's reaction - they are only releasing all that relief and emotion that comes from such an event, especially when it is they themselves who have scarified their lives, just as we saw in Egypt, Tunisia and that we are still seeing in Yemen and Syria.

Let's see what happens - Egypt is struggling at the present time, so as Pres. Obama said, it is going to be a challenging time.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2011 12:18 PM »

Lets see what happens now. I am always a bit skeptical of revolution and revolt, because I am not ever sure of the sincerity/trustworthiness/effectiveness of the replacement government. I wish when people revolted or a revolution happened, they had a clearer idea of what they will do after the revolution is finished to make sure chaos doesnt stay.
moderatesufi
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2011 07:19 PM »

What amazes me is how quickly someone changes from a evil tyrant, to an ally and back to a tyrant again?
The Libyans against him were allies.

He was a tyrant. So much so that his nation was bombed and his daughter dying in the bombardment was justified.

And then, September 11th happened and he stated his willingness to torture people for the Americans and British, and then all of his tyranny
the Americans sent him people to torture from all over the world. The British rounded up Libyan dissidents and their families and sent them over to him to torture.
Even people that were once aided by the British and Americans and described as allies were then described as terrorists. Hunted by the Americans and British, Arrested by the Americans and British and handed over to Gadafi for torture by the Americans and British. Not just them, but their wives, including pregnant ones, and their children, including babies.
When the Americans and British were asked about this, they stated, Gadafi told them these people would be treated humanly, and they trust the word of Gadafi.

And when it became clear, that Gadafi will be toppled. And the people who the Americans and British had arrested and handed over to Gadafi for torture were going to take power.
The Americans and British changed reality once again.
The people, who the Americans and British has handed over to Gadafi with their families became allies again. They stopped being terrorists, even though the Americans and British arrested them for being terrorists and handed them over to Gadafi cause the Americans and British said they were terrorists.

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2011 06:24 AM »

I dont like the way they do it. It may be okay to oust a leader, but the way Arabs of today are doing it is completely strange. No sense of humanity. I pray the revolution wl stop at ousting the leaders.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2011 07:16 AM »

salam,

Just read the article about people keeping him in a freezer in a shopping center!!

http://news.yahoo.com/gadhafi-put-display-shopping-center-freezer-215525065.html

Moammar Gadhafi's blood-streaked body was on display in a commercial freezer at a shopping center Friday as Libyan authorities argued about what to do with his remains and questions deepened over official accounts of the longtime dictator's death. New video emerged of his violent, chaotic last moments, showing fighters beating him as they drag him away.

Nearly every aspect of Thursday's killing of Gadhafi was mired in confusion, a sign of the difficulties ahead for Libya. Its new rulers are disorganized, its people embittered and divided. But the ruling National Transitional Council said it would declare the country's liberation on Saturday, the starting point for a timetable that calls for a new interim government within a month and elections within eight months.

The top U.N. rights chief raised concerns that Gadhafi may have been shot to death after being captured alive. The fate of his body seemed tied up in squabbles among Libya's factions, as fighters from Misrata — a city brutally besieged by Gadhafi's forces during the civil war — seemed to claim ownership of it, forcing the delay of a planned burial Friday.

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2011 02:29 AM »

Yeah, saw the footage of that, with the people lining up to take a peak at his body, as well as two others that were killed (his son is one of them as you probably know). Al Jazeera had some interviews with people in the line and footage of inside the refrigerated room where the bodies are being held. He reporter, who has been there throughout the uprising, asked those who spoke English whether this was goolish to be putting the body on display and how it isn't' Islamic, given the reporter knows that we bury our dead quite soon. One guy gave the example of the Crown Prince, who as you may know, just passed away and he won't be laid to rest until Tuesday; he also said, this is how it is done in Western countries.  As the at quote you provided Sis J, Libya seems to be the most disorganized out of the 3 nations that have toppled their leader.
    Many reports are saying that the people likely don't care if he was executed (which I am thinking is likely - though while it may be against international law and a war crime, as human rights organizations are suggesting) and I wouldn't be surprised. The videos show that there was no fire-fight at the time and that they were just firing into the air. Also,the phone video taken (iPhone's from what I heard, on a lighter note!) just at the moment, seems to have been pointed away in the chaos - I think it is going to be messy, even more than Egypt.
    Though I think I have to say again, not an unexpected way to go. I heard that he was saying "don't shoot" and that is kinda lame, if he was talking all big in those silly videos over the last few months (the umbrella one cracks me up!) yelling and screaming, calling them rats and then he supposedly calls them "my sons" when he was pulled out of that tube. At the same time though, seems like they end up looking somewhat good, when they are mistreated on a human scale, as we saw with Saddam, who ended up looking dignified in death, while being taunted during his hanging (something we weren't supposed to have seen if things had gone to plan in terms of the security in the chamber).
     Anyways, time for him to face judgement and I don't know if this is appropriate, but this was linked to on the Huff Post site:

Notice the year given at the opening of the video - kinda scary!

1980s Sitcom Predicted Gaddafi's Death

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2011 02:32 AM »

question is free from what and to free to do what....
Akram
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Akram has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2012 06:30 AM »

Who will win.Who will lose.I don't care .I care to
Islam the sovereignty of Allah.Allah will must help
the real Muslims.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: