// Boards on Muslim Holidays
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The true greatness of man lies in his capacity for eternal progress. -The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boards on Muslim Holidays  (Read 1877 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 08, 2009 07:52 PM »

salams,

u know we seem to have so many articles about the various important dates in islam, like dhul hijjah, ashurah, eid, isra wal maraj, 1st of muharram, etc... and every1 seems to get confused about when to fast etc etc... i was thinking maybe we could have a separate board or boards for the different one's... not sure... or we could work with the calendar and try to get all the events up there and make separate threads for each one... anyone want to volunteer Wink
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2011 06:43 AM »

Salaams,

I guess the above wasn't picked on...

I am just wondering, wouldn't it be helpful to have an Islamic Calendar on the board? Not seasonal but a stand-alone available year round with the names of the Islamic Months with a figure in brackets indicating whether is the first., etc., (just like Ramadan is the 9th month).

Personally, I have it in my cell phone - both the Hijri and Gregorian.

Just a thought.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2011 09:39 AM »

Personally, I have it in my cell phone - both the Hijri and Gregorian.
My stone age phone won't support flashy apps. Guess I'll have to hammer out a calender on a slab and fix it on my wall Grin

Good idea though, I am always blank when I need Hijri dates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: