Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

What's in a name? That which we call a zahra. By any other name would smell as shariah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How are things with Muslims in India ?  (Read 598 times)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« on: Aug 20, 2011 10:20 PM »

A.A.

So i've been wanting to ask this since long, because some of you guys are from there or have families there.

How are things with Muslims in India? Do they get equal opportunities in academics and jobs?

I recently watched someone on news who was sharing really negative stats about the opportunities available to Muslims in India.

Share...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2011 01:23 AM »

I've no idea about the rest of India, but in Hyderabad, there's not a lot of discrimination. It actually depends on whom you're dealing with, if the guy in front of you is a radical brahmin, then be prepared, otherwise it's not that much of a problem, I never faced any. When I was in junior college/high school, I was the only muslim in a class of more than 100, after a few months another guy came in from a different section and we never had any problems, Alhamdulilah. I have a few very good hindu friends and we never had any problems with each other. As a side note, hindus that have migrated from suburban districts to the city are actually scared of muslims Smiley Not the terrorist way, but usually we're larger than them and more aggressive and confident, so.... they get intimidated. So, you can safely conclude that there's no discrimination whatsoever with regards to academics, it's all based on merit and money.

Coming to jobs, in the private sector, again there's no discrimination. But, when you come to public sector jobs, it is very difficult for anyone, muslim or non muslim, because of the corruption involved. And you may find a little discernment.

So, it's almost non existent here, with the exception of an odd case here and there. I guess it's because in Hyderabad, hindus and muslims are half and half. Our city along with Aligarh and Lucknow has a large number of muslims. You might hear different stories from the rest of the country where hindus are the majority, probably negative ones, but I have no idea of them.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2011 09:01 AM »

The educational, political and economic prosperity of Muslims in Kerala, South india, make it almost 'out of india' experience

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2011 02:51 PM »

The educational, political and economic prosperity of Muslims in Kerala, South india, make it almost 'out of india' experience

Dude, Kerala is like out of India in itself. It's so different, in a good way I mean. Even Tamil Nadu I think, is the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: