Welcome Guest, please login or register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Muslim Sisters In Need Of Help - Donate Today!  (Read 1103 times)
witness_to_it

Reputation Power: 0
witness_to_it has no influence :(

« on: Aug 26, 2011 12:04 PM »

My Story

I reverted to Islam in July 2009. This has been the best decision of my life and I have had no regrets. I am so thankful to Allah Subhanna hu wa ta’ala that He gave me guidance to become Muslim. I am lost for words when I stop and think of the significance of this; how merciful our Lord and Creator is. You may ask what brought me to Islam and where did I find this beautiful religion.

In 2009 I found myself in a women’s refuge; the majority of the women there were sadly Muslim women. My journey to reversion was not an easy one at all, as I met with many harsh comments such as you can’t become Muslim because you weren’t born Muslim; you can't cook with us or use our side of the kitchen. I did not expect to be treated like this by the Muslims. Soon after, I started to wear the Hijab and I was subjected to a lot of abuse and it hurts to say but not one of my Muslim brothers or sisters came to my aid.

Two years on, I look back and reflect, it was a very hard time in my life, as I felt very alone, I felt I had no one to help me - but since I have met many good Muslims, and know that the ones I faced were just ignorant. It was a big lesson to me as I learned to put more of my trust in Allah; and made me stronger in my faith.

I just wish I had a place I could've gone to get help and support; and I wonder how many more Muslims are facing such hardships....

Your UK Muslim Sister

I tell you a recent story of one of our revert sisters. On the day she becomes Muslim everyone is so happy and welcomes her to the religion. She has a friend who also accepts Islam at the same time. Both are happy in their new religion and with their new friends. Both of them get married and live happily ever after. Well one did. However, one of the sisters married a brother who beat her so badly and oppressed her that in the end she had to leave him. She turned to everyone for help including her friend. Her friend gave her food and company for a while but was unable to help her any further. In the end she was forced back to her family were her new religion was not accepted.

Homeless hungry and in need of love and support the sister became so desperate that she could not see a way out. Her ultimate decision was to end her life. Sadly this sister was my and your sister she is no longer here with us. No longer can she partake of our beautiful religion the bounties of Allaah nor the extra special blessing of Ramadan month of mercy. What are we going to say to our Lord and Creator about this situation? We can’t change what has happened to this sister but we can change the outcome for all our sisters who are experiencing / facing similar situation of oppression / homeless.

Now What?

I want you to read the following hadith and lets its meaning question what have you actually done today for your Muslim brother or sister to ease one of their difficulties?

"A Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. He does not oppress him, nor does he leave him at the mercy of others" - Sahih Muslim

As humans, we are caught up in our daily lives, so much so we that don’t have time to spare a thought for those who are not in our immediate environment. Why have we become so immune to someone else’s suffering?

Mercy Mission is seeking to launch a refuge for homeless sisters and for this we need your prayers, your time and your money. This money will go towards something that in reality is our fundamental duty, that being to help our fellow Muslim Sisters who are facing great hardships, right here at our very doorstep. We have homeless Muslim Sisters who have had to resort to sleeping rough on the streets and in the parks. Muslim Sisters hungry who have had not food and were forced to eat from the bins. Muslim Sisters who had recently accepted Islam and were being forced to hide their identity and resort to doing things that would shake their faith.

We need your donations to help us to launch the countries only Muslim Homeless Refuge; which will ensure that Muslim Sisters in the UK that fall below the poverty line have somewhere to turn. Be they refugees, reverts, those in debt or those who have just NO SUPPORT AVAILABLE TO THEM. Play a role in getting the most vulnerable of our Ummah off the street.

Help us reach our target and dig deep in your pockets! Give what you can; no amount is too big or small, every pound will help us reach our target and don’t forget that this is the blessed Month of Mercy so be merciful to your sisters in need.

http://www.justgiving.com/nzf-ansars/

Donate now and remember the words of the Messenger.

“He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and he who finds relief for a hard-pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the Day of Resurrection.... Allah supports His slave as long as the slave is supportive of his brother…” [Muslim]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: