Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wife threatens divorce after hubby leaves her in mall  (Read 1537 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 12, 2008 09:18 PM »

I just found this hillarious yet sad at the same time.

Wife threatens divorce after hubby leaves her in mall
Khaleej Times

6 March 2008

ABU DHABI — A newly-married couple came back from the brink after a folly on the part of the groom nearly rocked their wedding bliss.

The 22-year-old woman had sought divorce after her husband allegedly abandoned her in a shopping mall in Abu Dhabi, went home and slept for at least six hours and woke up to remember that he had left his wife unaccompanied in the mall.

The couple had been married for just 32 days. The man of Arab nationality was identified as M.N. and his wife as T.M.

Apparently, the man only realised his folly when his mother asked where his wife was. He, then, rushed to the shopping mall to find his wife weeping, surrounded by curious onlookers.  The hapless woman did not have the contact number of her husband nor the contact number of her in-laws.
However, after some heart-burning and arguments, followed by conciliation efforts by elderly people, the woman forgave her husband... and the couple are reportedly living happily ever after!

a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2008 10:25 PM »

LOL, thanks for the laugh Jannah!

I have so many questions I'm burning to ask of the couple...

I can't believe that a woman can be so dependent on her husband to the extent that she cannot find her way home or do anything but weep if she gets lost in a mall. Isn't that more typical of little children? I also found it hilarious how the hubby actually went home and SLEPT for six hours  Cheesy but how did he "forget" her in the first place?

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2008 01:22 AM »

K, I guess I'm not finding the humor in this one today.  I find it appalling that the wife didn't even have the phone number to her house to call her husband, nor the number to call anyone nor any money to get home with.  No one should ever be that uninformed.  We teach children from a young age to know their full names, home address, home phone number and parents actual names (not just calling them "Mommy" or "Daddy") just in case they ever get lost or separated from us.  Please don't tell me that this a a cultural norm anywhere for women to be that totally clueless. 

Call me the "rebel" but I so would not have just sat there and cried; I would have gotten home and made him cry.  If he could be that thoughtless with a grown person, I shudder to think how he would be with a truly helpless infant.

Fa'izah
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2008 11:38 AM »

Salaams,

If he could be that thoughtless with a grown person, I shudder to think how he would be with a truly helpless infant.

I think there is something wrong with that comparison Smiley

Wasalam.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2008 12:46 PM »

Salaams,

If he could be that thoughtless with a grown person, I shudder to think how he would be with a truly helpless infant.

I think there is something wrong with that comparison Smiley

Wasalam.

As salaamu alaikum

That is the beauty of discussion groups, opinions can be expressed and we don't have to agree.

The reason why I bring up the "infant comparision" is that the husband leaving the wife was due to absent-mindedness perhaps, preoccupation with something else on his mind even, and sadly such things can and do happen with babies as well.  I've read with horror of cases where dad (more often than mom) has gone to work and left the baby in the back seat all day rather than remember to drop the child off to daycare or people putting infants in their car seats on the roof of the car but forgetting to actually but the child in the car and drive off.   I'm so used to my children being with me that when they are elsewhere I have been known to panic.  I recall a few years ago when I just had the one, my mom was here and needed to go get a tire for her car, I left my daughter in the care of a neighbor since all the children that lived near us were all playing outside.  Within the 10 minutes it took for us to get where we were going I had forgotten that I didn't bring my daughter with me because she was playing.  My mom laughed at me because she knew where she was and believe that I was so used to having my child with me that I didn't know how to react because she wasn't.  But that's part of a mother's love, at least in my opinion.

As salaaumu alaikum

Fa'izah
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2008 07:53 PM »

Maybe (MAYBE!) the husband didn't think his wife would be so incapable and so dependent on him (they'd only been married 32 days so this is possible) so he wasn't that concerned. Whereas with babies and infants, everyone knows how helpless they are and are therefore much much more careful (for lack of a better word) with them.

Though I still think the degree to which he was absent-minded is a bit extreme...

Wassalam,

a_desert_rose
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: