Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khutba with humour...  (Read 418 times)
Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« on: Aug 29, 2011 10:43 PM »

Last night (29) the Imam had a lot to impart at Tahajjud during the break in the 8 rakats.

He narrated the story of Prophet Yusuf (AS) and how Islam covers it from his birth to his death while the Christians talk only of his multi-coloured coat. He said it is even wrong to compare the two because that would be putting Islam down. Besides, he added that the Qur'an is not just a story, it is still current and will remain so till the end of time.

He also talked of Taqwa and Sabr of which Prophet Yusuf (AS) had plenty and helped him to cope with the trials he went through from being thrown into a pit, sold as a slave and then imprisoned unjustly. Many of us he said, intimate that we would do anything for the sake of Allah (Fisabilillah) but if Allah were to test any of us today and asked us to go to prison for example, for a number of years, we would balk at the idea and ask Allah for something else to do. This was followed by laughter.

He said when we stand for Salah, we are talking to Allah SWT but when we are reading the Qur'an, Allah SWT is talking to us. In sujuud, some people prostrate for a minute or two and and some a little longer. There are those who criticize those who prostrate longer than two minutes. He said the longer the better because you are in a meeting with Allah SWT and Allah SWT will not tell you that you have to hurry because he has another meeting or you have five or two or one minute left by poking/waving a post it pad at you. This solicited another bout of laughter.

He people to keep the moment of Ibada established during Ramadan.

Subhanallah.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: