Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eid Mubarak & Eid Journals!!  (Read 5560 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« on: Aug 29, 2011 05:42 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

So Saudi announced Eid tomorrow.

Eid Mubarak guys, may Allah accept all our efforts during this month bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2011 05:50 PM »

Walaikum Asalaam Smiley

MashaAllah brother! You're so quick.

I was just speaking to my boss when I told him how Saudi had annouced Eid (based off of your post) and he was like no no, not yet, and then he goes oh on Al Jazeera they just stated that Saudi announced it. hehe.

Eid Mubarak to everyone!! Ameen ya rabil Alameen to everyones duas. May Allah allow us to continue our prayers and ibadat throughout the year and continue to improve as an Ummah InshaAllah.

Cinders
Sis

Reps: 254

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2011 06:01 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

we'd like to wish you Eid Mubarak. May Allah accept from us and from you (our deeds). Ameen. Please keep all the Muslims in your Duah and don't forget to eat :-)
Ma'Salam,

Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2011 06:19 PM »

Eid Mubarak to all of you Smiley

And since desis are perennially late, we're celebrating Eid on Wednesday Grin

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2011 06:43 PM »

wsalam,

nooooooooooo00000000000000000000000 we still have today and inshaAllah tomorrow. no one is allowed to have eid yet  karate

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2011 07:05 PM »

Just in case tomorrow it is, Eid Mubarak to everyone.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2011 08:57 PM »

salam

Eid Mubarak, it's tomorrow, we're doing the mehndi thing & I'm icing cakes tonight. My mums doing the serious cooking.

Hope everyone has a brilliant day inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2011 10:29 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

MashaAllah  brother! You're so quick.

Who needs fb or twitter when you can get all the breaking news right here on the Madina Wink

So our masjid is holding four jamats for Eid. How many are there in your part of the world?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Abu Khaled
Bro

Reps: 112

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2011 10:58 PM »

Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Insha'Allah we'll be celebrating Eid on Wednesday. Notwithstanding this, allow me to wish you all a wonderful Eid, my salams and du'as to your families and communities.

I hear even Hitler wasn't too happy about the lack of unity on Eid:

Hitler wants a united Eid

My Eid gift to you all...

Abu Khaled

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2011 11:23 PM »

Walaikum Salam Br Abu Khaled  bro

Such great irony in Hitler saying he's not a racist lol

Absolutely chuffing hilarious!!  Cheesy

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reps: 388

Dont be sad...

« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2011 11:53 PM »

W salam
Eid mubarak all of u guys. It's announced here too therefore Nigerians celeberate eid tomorrow tuesday..... MashaAllah..

wsalam,

nooooooooooo00000000000000000000000 we still have today and inshaAllah tomorrow. no one is allowed to have eid yet  karate

Is't iftar over there yet? I thought until night b4 it's decided!

Ws.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2011 05:28 AM »

We are following hilal sighting and since there has been no sighting in the world we are going to have 1 more day of Ramadan!!! yayy and Eid for us on Wednesday!! Eid Mubarak Everyone!!

pS. Abu khaled i wouldn't be surprised if you WROTE that video!! lols

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2011 12:26 PM »

Eid is today here. Eid Mubarak, again.

That video addresses the truth about our disunity in the subject matter so perfectly.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

Durafshan
Sis

Reps: 1

« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2011 03:23 PM »

Salam,
Eid Mubarak!!  Smiley

muslimgamer
Bro

Reps: 1

admin of muslimgamer.com

« Reply #14 on: Aug 30, 2011 03:55 PM »

InshAllah one day all of the Ummah can celebrate Eid together ont he same day , Eid Mubarak to all!

Admin of the Muslim gamers website http://muslimgamer.com. Islam,Video Games, Technology, Apps and more, from the perspective of Muslim Gamers

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2011 04:39 PM »

Salam alaikum

Eid Mubarak everyone...we're just preparing for the last Iftaar for this year, so Eid will be tomorrow inshaAllah..

You're not alone Jannah!  Smiley  May Allah swt accept all our fasts and all our good deeds and grant us His Favour, Bounty and infinite Blessings, ameen.

Hope you all have a lovely Eid inshaAllah  sis hijabisis arabbeardbro pinkhijabisis purplehijabisis arabbro niqabisis sudanibro niqabisis desibro pinkhijabisis shaykh 

Salam
S. princesssis

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2011 11:35 AM »

A.A.

Eid Saeed everyone! We are celebrating it today (Wed) here in Pak.

And why are some people obsessed with having Eid on same day throughout the world. I mean its based on moon 'sighting', so when people living in different countries and timezones site the moon on different days, they celebrate Eid respectively. Nothing controversial or parted about it.

Whats wrong is going by 'calculations' and by 'other' countries, instead of having a credible group in your own country/timezone to site the moon and going by their decision.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Sep 01, 2011 12:59 AM »

Eid Mubaraks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we can post about our Eid days here as suggested by br sadah and akhan!! I'll change the subject to & Eid journals....

Hard2hit, there seem to be so many different opinions. Some ppl want to do global sighting, some local north american sighting, some go by calculation, some follow saudi because they are "ulema". This year as usual there was big moonfighting (more than usual?) about the end of Ramadan. Half the community went with calculation and half went with 'following the sunnah' hilal sighting. We went with the second half so had Eid today.

Ok ppl write about your Eid days and what you did! InshaAllah I'll write more later and maybe add some pics!

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reps: 388

Dont be sad...

« Reply #18 on: Sep 01, 2011 09:18 AM »

Assalamu aliakum
Let me take the plessure of being among the sabiqun-al-awwalun in posting an Eid journal here.

Like sister Jannah I'll also admit that the Eid thia year was divisive even in Nigeria here. A whole state in the North, and few people  from other part performed Eid on Monday as against the official day (Tuesday) announced by the chief Amir. Those people claimed to have sighted the hilal on Sunday 28th but could not convince the leaders hence their sighting was not officially recognized. I believe that unity can only be achieved when the ummah follow and answer their leaders wholeheartedly, so I am contempted to have followed the official announcement and the majority. That's the sunnah. Afterall, the officials also relied on the hilal sighting, only that in trying to go with Saudi, they tend to be biased on whose proclaimation they accept. May Allah guide them and us in general.

I left school on Friday to Katsina, the capital city of Katsina State, there I completed my Ramadan. On Monday night, after we heard  the Eid would be on Tuesday, my brothers and I left to Kurfi (where my Mum stay. We were in Katsina coz she was in Saudi for umrah so one at home) where we slept over. That was very late, around 12am local time. By 8:15am in the morning we have prepared and headed to Rawayau, our home-village where our family stayed untill the demise of our Dad. Many of us do pray Eid there every year as a way of remembering olden days and having reunion with childhood friends. We arrived there in about 20 minutes and without wasting time we proceeded to Eid ground outside the village. The prayer was conducted at 9:10am. The khudbah was the regular one. Didnt anticipated any new style since the Imam I knew those days is still the one leading prayers. These stone age Imams adopted some specific pre-written khudbah that they recite every year and it's in arabic that only few understand. Some people have even crammed the khudbah. So long as he remain the Iman, I wont anticipate any change in the near future.

I left my brothers with the car and followed a driend on a bike to his house where we dined with a traditional sallah dinner(tuwon sallah), a semovita paste cooked by hausa people on Eid day. We then went round to meet with friends and greet some elders. It rained lightly and for a short duration. At 12pm I went back to our old house where my brothers were before we took over some few minutes later. There's our elder sister that stays with her husband in a nearby town, so we decided to first visit them. Unfortunately the rain we had was heavy at other places, we met an un-bridged stream flowing full with water which we must crossed before we reach that town. Our car could not do that therefore we turned back. We visited an Aunt also in another town nearby, then to Dutsinma(30mins from Rawayau) where many relatives stay- a step-mum, 3 sisters, a brother with his family and many relatives. We visited the closest ones. We prayed Zuhr and Asr there before heading back to Katsina. That is where we have many places to visit because most of our bothers, sisters and uncles stay their. Because of that we decided to suspend the visitation till the following day, but  a sister invited us for a dinnner in the at her house. It was splendid.

I enjoyed being with my family. I believe you are thinking of how many are we in the seen family. I have many siblings. 5 of my brothers and myself that went round together are all this year's graduates. It was memorable moment.  

W salam.

PS I am just able to upload some pictures from Katsina Durbar...

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"

Mohamed
Bro

Reps: 22

« Reply #19 on: Sep 01, 2011 02:48 PM »

Eid Mubarak Smiley

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2011 06:41 AM »

jazaks br sadah,

it looks like moonfighting is a global event eh!

here we went with the local mosques which were were doing hilal sighting. alhamdulillah 3 mosques in the area actually decided to unite this year and we did eid in this large indoor soccer stadium. it is a pretty huge place and i think we had about a thousand ppl there. after the eid prayer we went out to eat at this pancake place, as is our tradition here:) then we took the kids to toysrus to pick out some eid presents which is of course their highlight of eid Wink then a few friends visited our house. there was also a picnic here and a dinner. it was really a beautiful day and it was nice to dress up, see everyone, wish everyone an eid mubarak and of course eat!! Cheesy

now that eid's over of course i miss ramadan. u know what is interesting is that our shaikh always says that when we fast we have some of the qualities of angels. they don't eat or drink either. they are always in praise of Allah, they don't sleep. they are close to Allah and obey his commands and that is us in ramadan!! subhanAllah something to really ponder. so sad it's over, but hopefully we can continue reading quran, nafl fasting, praying at night on our own throughout the year inshaAllah.

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2011 07:43 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

now that eid's over of course i miss ramadan

It is sad not seeing the masjid as full as it was during Ramadhan and the lost of that religious fervour which permeates throughout the month.

If anyone could come up with a cure for PRD, they would make a lot of money Wink

On the subject of Eid and related to the hugging thread we have going on, what is the consensus on right amount of hugs to give to a brother on the day of Eid?

On a similar theme, here's a view from Saudi on Eid greetings.

http://arabnews.com/lifestyle/offbeat/article496164.ece

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #22 on: Sep 04, 2011 04:51 PM »

Assalaumu Alaikum and Eid Mubarak people!!

Sorry, I am a few days late Sad
I was away from home since the past four days(I left on the next day of Eid) for a MUN conference which turned out to be AWESOME!!!

My Eid was pretty simple as always..got up, prayed, ate, took pictures blah blah blah. The added thing this time was that I spent more than half of my Eid preparing for the MUN. It was pretty weird because even if it was an exam, I had never prepared so hard Grin

Mubaraka
Sis

Reps: 412

« Reply #23 on: Sep 05, 2011 03:49 PM »

Mubarak Mubarak  Belated Eid Mubarak to all!!! Smiley

This Eid was good alhamdulillah!!
But was a little tiring as we had a major house work  going on to gear up for Eid this time.

Hope all on he board had a wonderful Eid...and may this Eid bring immense joy and happiness to all.

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #24 on: Sep 05, 2011 05:23 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Eid Mubarak, Sr Mubaraka.

Nice to have you on board and at least now we have someone who can confirm or deny all Br akhan's Hyderabadi stories Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: