Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eid Mubarak & Eid Journals!!  (Read 5504 times)
akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #25 on: Sep 05, 2011 05:28 PM »

BrKhalid I assure you Mubaraka will echo my thoughts..Hyderabad is after all a GREAT place(and will be forever, InshAllah)

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« Reply #26 on: Sep 06, 2011 07:50 AM »

Hmmm... we interrupt the infomercial presented by the Hyderabad Chamber of Commerce to bring you these Eid pics from New York!!  Grin

Salams!

ps WOW br sadah I just saw your pics!! Those are awesome! mA!

=============================

Captions:

pic1: Sisters section at our Eid prayers, which was held at an indoor soccer stadium! The place was huge and upstairs they had bouncy-bounces and things for the kids which they loved.

pic2: Men's section in front. Doesn't look like a lot from here, but there were at least 1000 in there!

pic3: Stick on designs for henna is a new trend.

pic4: Poofy dresses on little girls. SOO CUTE!

pic5: Shaikh hugging my pops.

pic6: Selling Eid t-shirts to support our mosque!

pic7: Mmm Strawberry banana pancakes Eid breakfast!

pic8: Beep beep the cutest drivers around Wink

pic9: Getting Henna done by my friend.

pic10: My Henna... one of the little girls did the right one but after it faded I had my friend fix it Smiley

akhan
Bro

« Reply #27 on: Sep 06, 2011 08:07 AM »

Hmmm... we interrupt the infomercial presented by the Hyderabad Chamber of Commerce to bring you these Eid pics from New York!!  Grin

lol..you guys hate me, don't you? Grin

btw, I recognise somebody there Smiley

Cinders
Sis

Reps: 254

« Reply #28 on: Sep 06, 2011 11:00 AM »

Assalamu Alaiykum, 

Br Sadah, I agree with Sr Jannah great pics. Sr J, you too. Now I wish I'd taken pictures of Eid, but was too lazy to take them. 

Ok my Eid day was what shall I say? Interesting with a capital I. Firstly, we all went Jamah & then came had a proper Eid breakfast.. Bengali style which consists of savoury delights such as Somosa's, peri peri chicken, kebabs, & savoury pastries. Then it was presents for the whole family. Overall everyone was happy with gifts.. My kids got bikes ( my son actually came & thanked me, hugged & kissed me before he went on his bike... Too cute Smiley )
Secondly, I got great pressies.. I got bedding (my sis is so practical) speciality teas... Yum yum.. & a friend gave me *OMG*... GHD hair straighteners. Sr's you know what I'm talking about? Great pressie, I was like a big kid. They were the pink ones where a portion goes to a cancer charity, bonus! 
Lunch, was the traditional pilau, korma (Bengali korma is very different- consists of eggs & chicken) & lots of curries. Mithai, rasmalai for dessert. 
In the afternoon I took a 5hr nap, I think it's all the staying awake during Ramadan, that this almost was like a treat Wink
In the evening, we all went out as a family, & next day we all went for Pizza & Salad lunch with kids. After all the rich food of Eid day, it was a welcome change! 

Hope everyone had a great Eid!
Ma'Salam, 
Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #29 on: Sep 06, 2011 04:42 PM »

btw, I recognise somebody there Smiley

lol u should! i went to visit them this past weekend and saw the new one!! sooo beautiful mA. sweetest of them all.

cinders wow all u guys's food pretty amazing!

akhan
Bro

« Reply #30 on: Sep 06, 2011 08:02 PM »

lol u should! i went to visit them this past weekend and saw the new one!! sooo beautiful mA. sweetest of them all.
No doubts about it. The youngest are always the sweetest(and the most pampered Tongue)!!

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reps: 386

Dont be sad...

« Reply #31 on: Sep 07, 2011 01:58 AM »

ps WOW br sadah I just saw your pics!! Those are awesome! mA!

Assalamu Alaiykum,

Br Sadah, I agree with Sr Jannah great pics. Sr J, you too. Now I wish I'd taken pictures of Eid, but was too lazy to take them.

PS There is an amazing video I wanted to upload but couldnt have a good network, and I'm kinda busy to go to an internet cafe.

Really? It's nice to see people celebrating on the great day. Yours are the most amazing Sis Jannah!

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #32 on: Sep 07, 2011 09:05 PM »

Funny...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14732605

Muslims across the world have been fasting from sunrise to sunset for the past 30 days but now celebrations are in full swing. London comedian Humza Arshad takes a unique look at some of the festivity highlights.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #33 on: Sep 07, 2011 09:44 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I have never understood the car thing on Eid!!  idunno

Looks like Badman is going mainstream after this piece for the BBC and the recent comedy tour. bro

PS If you don't have flash and can't access the link, the video is also on YouTube

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1244

« Reply #34 on: Sep 07, 2011 10:00 PM »

salam

Blimey I had no idea about the car thing!!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #35 on: Sep 08, 2011 04:44 AM »

wsalam,

no doubt, the dude is just extremely funny. i watched some 15 minute interview of his once and was gonna cry.

fozia u sound so british lol! do ppl actually go around saying blimey in real life??

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #36 on: Sep 08, 2011 08:54 AM »

Salam alaikum

Love the pics!  It's so colourful, both Sadah's and Jannah's eid pics are filled with colour, mashaAllah.

You know, if I had to take a pic of the Eid salah here, the womens' section would just be black!  we love our black abayas we do, you'd swear we were in Saudi or something...not so many colours floating about.

Maybe next eid, inshaAllah.

Slm
S.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #37 on: Sep 08, 2011 06:20 PM »

wsalam,

Some women still wear black abayas over their fancy clothes, but they're mostly recently from India/Pak. The rest of the womens go all out and wear awesome cultural stuff. It's really nice to see actually, such diversity in the ummah! We're pretty much separated the whole time then go home after the prayers so why not!

PS u should have seen what i wore! Wink

PSS i keep eating ur chocolate mmmm. i keep thinking to send u back something but our chocolate isn't that great i'll have to think of something!

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #38 on: Sep 08, 2011 09:08 PM »

salam

I've seen loads of beautiful colourful abaya wearing sisters all who do their hijabs really nicely etc, I considered (very briefly) tying my hijab in a slightly different manner, did it a couple of times and found I cannot be asked, I am that lazy, I do have colourful abayas but I feel visible in them so don't wear them!

I'm a fade into the background kinda gal.

Sr Jannah I do say blimey when bemused, I have an american friend who uses it in completely the wrong context but I've not the heart to tell him. Blimey literally means blind me, we had a long assembly about it when we were about 8 I think as the teacher was cross about us using the word with such abandon................needless to say from that point onwards 'blimey' pretty much took over as the popular phrase in the school!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #39 on: Sep 08, 2011 10:33 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I think the full phrase is 'cor blimey' and in the name of Madina investigative journalism I came across the following:

Meaning

An exclamation of surprise.

Origin

A euphemism (specifically a minced oath) derived from 'God blind me'.

Blimy is first recorded in print in Barrère and Leland's A dictionary of slang, jargon and cant, 1889. The extended version was used, by Arthur Morrison in A Child of the Jago, 1896:

"Gawblimy, not what?"

The link between 'gor blimey' or 'cor blimey' and 'god blind me' was made evident by James Joyce in Ulysses, 1922:

God blimey if she aint a clinker

Being as it is, a contraction of 'God blind me', the term was originally spelled 'gorblimey' and is still frequently used that way.

PS No phones or emails were hacked in obtaining the above information Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Cinders
Sis

« Reply #40 on: Sep 08, 2011 11:24 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum, 

PS No phones or emails were hacked in obtaining the above information Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy funny... 

Anyway, when I was a kid we used to see all these flashy cars that'd be hired out (I'm talking Sierra Sapphire, Mondeo, even Lamborghini..) going round & round our primary school with flags plastered to the bonnet & whatnot... Then this 'cruising' evolved into Limousines being hired out & even Limo truck things.. Like BrKhalid I never understood that either. I mean, I thought the whole point of having a car is to go from A to B, not deliberately trying to involve yourself in traffic jams that so often is the case on Eid with these kids. Nowadays up north, they actually close certain roads in places like Manchester & Bradford where these 'outta  towners' head towards. It's not even the locals nowadays...
Ma'Salam, 

Cinders

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #41 on: Sep 09, 2011 12:41 PM »

wsalam,

Some women still wear black abayas over their fancy clothes, but they're mostly recently from India/Pak. The rest of the womens go all out and wear awesome cultural stuff. It's really nice to see actually, such diversity in the ummah! We're pretty much separated the whole time then go home after the prayers so why not!

PS u should have seen what i wore! Wink

PSS i keep eating ur chocolate mmmm. i keep thinking to send u back something but our chocolate isn't that great i'll have to think of something!

Wslm

So post a pic of your awesome outfit in the sisters section!!!  I'll take a pic of my boring black abaya and show you all what I wore!!!

The chocolate is still being eaten? Sis, if it was me, I'd have finished it off in one sitting, lol Wink bebzi  So glad you're enjoyin it!

Blimey...thanks BrKhalid for that!  And yes, it is sooo british, they didnt manage to export it to the colonies (never heard anyone else use the word).  I kinda like it... blimey:) has a nice ring to it Wink  I miss all my british sisters, they had the coolest accents and jargon ...

Ok, salam
S.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #42 on: Sep 10, 2011 07:43 PM »

wsalam,

So post a pic of your awesome outfit in the sisters section!!!  I'll take a pic of my boring black abaya and show you all what I wore!!!
lol just meant it was a poppy red outfit!

chocolate i save in the freezer and have a few squares whenever i have a bad day so very therapeutic Smiley

agreed with british sisters! did i tell you one day one of the girls came home and she was all crazy and she said 'OMG I looked so trampy today lol lol'. and our mouths dropped open cuz trampy to us means "looking like a err woman of the night' haha but turns out she meant like a tramp homeless person...

pretty funny...

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #43 on: Sep 15, 2011 05:15 AM »

This is an incredible Eid Khutba!!!!

Copyright is strongly stated on the video but it says "share this video" at the bottom. If it will cause problems then it can be deleted. It is also posted on FB by Suhaib Webb.

Eid-Ul-Fitr Khutba delivered by Sheikh Wisam Sharieff on the 30th of August 2011

http://www.icoi.net/multimedia/2011/08/30/eid_khutbah_by_sh_wisam_sharieff

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #44 on: Sep 15, 2011 07:29 PM »

Saw that posted all over the place!! Only 13 mins so watched it. REally nice khutbah mashaAllah!

This is an incredible Eid Khutba!!!!

Copyright is strongly stated on the video but it says "share this video" at the bottom. If it will cause problems then it can be deleted. It is also posted on FB by Suhaib Webb.

Eid-Ul-Fitr Khutba delivered by Sheikh Wisam Sharieff on the 30th of August 2011

http://www.icoi.net/multimedia/2011/08/30/eid_khutbah_by_sh_wisam_sharieff

Cinders
Sis

« Reply #45 on: Sep 15, 2011 08:13 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

I really wanted to watch this khutbah. It doesn't let me open the file on my smartphone ( well that's not very smart is it? Sad ) I couldn't find it posted on YouTube either. Can anyone recommend anything else that I maybe able to watch it on?
Otherwise, I may have to get my laptop out ... Ho.. Hum! (feeling very lazy, it actually feels like a mission to get it out.. Lol)

Jazakallah Khaiyr in advance.

Ma'Salam,
Cinders

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #46 on: Sep 16, 2011 08:46 AM »

salam

Get out your laptop Sr Cinders, it's worth watching.

I really liked it mashallah.

Wassalaam

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #47 on: Sep 16, 2011 08:26 PM »

salam,

I was thinking about why this khutbah was so great and why everyone loved it so much they posted it everywhere, when I was listening to our khutbah today! I think it's because most khutbahs are kinda mean.... you know they're usually just about Fiqh or the Hellfire (today's topic here!) and very strong and strict. And the above ^ khutbah was just about plain Love and Acceptance. I was waiting for the khateeb here in part 2 to go into Jannah but he didn't... just kept talking about Hellfire, which is important, but I just felt like there was no balance really. Often when reading the Quran I notice after "harsh" scary verses about the Hellfire there's always a But... if they do righteous deeds..if they repent... and beautiful verses about Jannah follow.

Anyways just a thought that we need to talk more about love and acceptance among muslims! loveshower hug flowers4u
ws

Cinders
Sis

« Reply #48 on: Sep 17, 2011 12:19 AM »

Walaiykum Salam,

Mash'Allah beautiful khutbah. Finally watched it, & yes I got my laptop out... Wink

Ma'Salam,

Cinders

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: