// Prague from Above
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Nothing is better for those in love than marriage." - Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prague from Above  (Read 1484 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« on: Sep 13, 2011 07:11 AM »

This past Sunday, I played the role of tourist (I get so annoyed when the tourist season hits Prague - yes, I'm possessive of this city now, as I have been the last few years! haha!) Just wanted to share some pics and video I took from a tower in the Old Town Square.  Two of the pictures include the memorial to the Czech players (3) that died in the Russian plane crash last week.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2011 09:01 AM »

Here are some videos - in the last one - I point out where my apartment is located - forgive me for my voice and not being able to always understand what I say - was speaking too fast and quietly, as there was a large crowd at the top of the click tower where we were looking down from.

Prague from Above Part 1

Prague from Above Part 2

Prague from Above Part 3.

Prague from Above Part 4

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2011 11:17 AM »

Salam alaikum

Wow, I've never been to Prague, but it looks amazing!!!  Smiley  Europe has a real charm and beauty, which you don't find anywhere else in the *new* world.  Love how their old cities always remind me of fairytales... (probably becuz the Grimm brothers et al all lived there when writing their stories! Wink )

Cant watch the video from work, so will have to see them later!

Thanks for posting, mashaAllah
Salam
S.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2011 08:29 PM »

wsalam,

It does look very quaint and european!! i feel like buying a baguette and sitting at an outdoor cafe Wink good luck on finishing bruv!!

ws
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2011 08:57 PM »

@Sr Shahida - It is quite beautiful, but I will not miss the dog poop on the sidewalks and the general uncleanness of the place. But of course, it has grown on me, as I think any place would after 6 years  - especially when one considers the struggles that came with it.

Europe does have that old charm and in one of my early years here - I was in this same square (Old Town Square) at around sunset - VERY romantic I must say  Embarrassed Do watch the last video at least Sis when you are in a more friendly environment - I point out roughly where my apartment is!

@ Sis Jannah - hahah, yeah baguette, some chai and sitting outside taking in the sights and sounds / people-watching (if you're into that sort of thing, lol) - sounds good to me!
Finishing? Well, yeah two more days to go! Home on Friday insha'allah! Met a friend today (just got back a bit ago) for dinner at a relatively close by Indian restaurant that I had only been to once before. Was yummy of course.

Have taken care of the bank account last week (when Amma was still here) and the phone/internet account as well. Just have to stop by school once more - I should mention, that the diploma takes about a month to prepare and as I have to get back to prep for the board exams, I wasn't going to wait around for that and they don't post it by mail either. Reason being, I have to sign this big Book of Doctors in the old part of the city, where every doctor that has every graduated from either of the 3 med schools, have signed their name. SO, I will be coming back later next year for a day or two to get my actual degree/diploma. I won't be staying for the graduation ceremony either, which is next month (there was one in July as well, for those who finished on time in June).

If anyone is interested, I have a bunch more pictures from earlier on my Flickr account - here is the link to the set (72 photos, with captions on those from before): http://www.flickr.com/photos/39398716@N07/sets/72157625280976988/

Insha'allah, getting a picture of myself taken for something related to my city's basketball team's Official Fan website, so I guess I can post that here - I know maybe you guys wanted a pic of me in my white coat and stethoscope, but both of those items are back home, so maybe I can post a pic of me in that outfit when I get back . . .who wants to see that? Anyone?  Smiley

BABA
 desibro

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: