// Hoor al ayn?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.- Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoor al ayn?  (Read 1733 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Sep 11, 2011 04:57 AM »

Assalamu Alaikum,

I have struggled with the concept of hoor al ayn for a while. I have always thought the Companions that are referred tp in the Quran are our spouses from this dunya as Allah says he will recreate them as virgins.. What is the need to REcreate a hoori? Thought it meant He would recreate the people who died old so that they are young... However, ahadith are misguiding me and I am confused. What is this hadith? "Narrated ‘Abdullah bin Qais Al-Ash’ari: The Prophet said, ‘A tent (in Paradise) is like a hollow pearl which is thirty miles in height and on every corner of the tent the believer will have a family that cannot be seen by the others.’ [Narrated Abu ’Imran in another narration. ‘(The tent is) sixty miles (in height).’" Bukhari vol.4:466 p.306

Family? Also, isn't it misleading to the other families if they think they are the man's only family? Do you think a man will not have hoor if he knows throughout his life in this dunya that he does not want them? Jazak Allah.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2011 12:20 AM »

There is a lot of detail regarding this matter and re. hadiths to do with Paradise which I'm not going to talk about.  However, what I do want to say is that one shouldn't be concerned with matters like this, but rather, one should think first of all, how is one going to get to Paradise to begin with and what is one doing to achieve that?

Do you think a man will not have hoor if he knows throughout his life in this dunya that he does not want them? Jazak Allah.

I'm sorry but that is such an absurd thing to say.  How would any Muslim dare to refuse any particular thing which has been promised to the believers in Paradise?  The answer is that a Muslim wouldn't.  Muslims strive hard to make sure that they will enter Paradise and will willingly and gratefully accept any rewards and pleasures promised to them by their Lord, regardless of what these might be.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2011 05:31 PM »

wsalam wrt,

jazaks for ur question. it comes up a lot! i think a girl even attacked me at a sisters party once about it and i was like  Shocked i thought we were going to have cake now?? lol

the thing to understand here is that there are a lot of hadith and quranic verses about the beauties and reward of paradise. but yet we know Jannah is a whole different world/realm/dimension and that we will have what "no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has perceived.....

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying that: Allah the Exalted and Glorious, said: I have prepared for My pious servants which no eye has ever seen, and no ear has ever heard, and no human heart has ever perceived but it is testified by the Book of Allah. He then recited:" No soul knows what comfort has been concealed from them, as a reward for what they did". (xxxii. 17) [Sahih Muslim]

meaning it's not going to be anything like what we think or anything related to human earthly existence. but yet each person - man and woman will get their reward and be extremely satisfied and pleased.

For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah’s praise, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward. (Quran 33:35)

so why do we look at "hoors" or whatever anyone gets in Paradise and use our earthly sensibilities things like marriage/jealousies etc to try to evaluate it.

everyone will be happy and fine and will get what they want inshaAllah. these verses are meant to motivate us. i'm sure gardens and springs and fruit and women were all extremely beautiful things when the Quran was revealed as they are today.

let's as the sister said work towards getting there first too!!

also related to your query hoor al ayn are separate creatures in paradise, mostly interpreted as beautiful women but i did read somewhere once that said it could be men as well? and that 'can't be seen by the others' i think is meant to illustrate how big, spread out and interesting it will be not about "ppl not knowing".

and Allah knows best.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: