Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic School/ Muslim Homeschooling Teachers Unite!  (Read 6324 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Sep 23, 2011 02:13 AM »

Salam,

I'm teaching weekend school this year after a long absence. I totally forgot everything  Tongue So any resources and websites and printouts or whatever anyone uses or even for their own kids please let me know iA! Even if you know of some cool projects to do with them it'd be very helpful...

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2011 05:47 PM »

A fellow teacher shared this with me lol. I was like how on earth did the kids understand their british accents??! She said they liked them....

Cartoon Animation (2nd) for Primary Schools by Discover Islam UK
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2011 06:00 PM »

Salam,

teacher  I've been finding a lot of cute stuff. It's amazing what's available out there compared to what we had 10 years ago teaching the kids! There are some great blogs, lesson plans, projects, and even tons of useful videos to help the kids learn. Currently we're using the "I love Islam" series books along with the "Studies in Islam Maulvi Aziz" books.

Some good sites:

http://islamicbulletinboards.wordpress.com/

http://newmuslimkids.blogspot.com/

http://amuslimchildisborn.blogspot.com/

http://ummabdulbasirscreativecorner.blogspot.com/

http://talibiddeenjr.wordpress.com/

http://www.islam4kids.com/i4k/

http://islamicunitstudies.wordpress.com/

http://islamiclapbooking.wordpress.com/

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2011 05:19 PM »

Salams,

Attached below!!

1. Islamic Coloring Calendar - from October 2011 until August 2012 (has cartoon pictures of muslim kids)

2. What do you say when you pray. Basically so they can write in the English and know what they're saying.

I found a really interesting discussion about Islamic dates in history by a person who tried to work them out from hadith and a computer program what dates in gregorian the Islamic dates were: here

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2011 08:32 PM »

Salams,

Thought we'd cover Hajj before this Eid comes up. Went over the basic rituals and made them draw a map in their notebooks like the one below going through the different things. Then printed out the map of Makkah, Hajj borders, animals and other things below. Put all the kids into groups and now having them color and put together poster boards about Hajj! It's actually quite fun Smiley There's also a cute template for making Hajj passports for each student and a postcard from Hajj!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2011 05:26 AM »

Learning Letters & Practicing Arabic Letters

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Arabic%20Without%20Tears%201.pdf

http://www.darulhadith.com/pdf/arabisk_skrivlara2.pdf

http://www.arabic-studio.com/support-files/reading_and_writing.pdf
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2011 04:59 AM »

My Little Dua Book covers and various duas to print. There are more at the Ink & Easel website!

silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2011 05:31 AM »

Jazak Allahu khairan sis J for sharing. This dua book is so awesome. InshaAllah it will be very helpful to me in the next semester. Smiley
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2011 05:44 AM »

wa iyyaki! Hope they are helpful inshaAllah. What age group are you teaching? I made the dua covers different for the boys and girls they seemed to really love coloring them! I'm hoping we can do a different dua every week during the semester so they can learn them iA!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2011 05:48 AM »

Soooo cute. Print on cardstock and the kids can color them and cut them out to use!

silver
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2011 05:54 AM »

I teach level one which is 5-7 years. I covered duas in fall like one dua every week. I guess the kids will find the coloring sheets very interesting. Smiley
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2011 05:55 AM »

Arabic Alphabet coloring strips to decorate the classroom or a child's room
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2011 05:57 AM »

That's great silver! I have tons of stuff I've collected and I'm sure they'd be useful to other teachers inshaAllah.

This is soooo CUTE!!! Arabic alphabet bingo!!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2011 05:59 AM »

Lots of coloring pages with little akhlaq lessons.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2011 06:24 AM »

Books that I really like using to teach the kids Islamic studies

1. The Studies in Islam series by Maulvi Abdul Aziz - Yes they are very oldskool and archaic but the books are cheap for all the kids, they are very gradual and are a great outline teachers can use. Also easy to assign homework from.

2. I Love Islam series by ISF Publications - These are brand new and really awesome. They come with workbooks for each of their five levels. Only problem is that they are real big textbooks that are $30 each!! meant for Islamic full time schools perhaps? Anyways we can't afford them Sad but they are great. Sometimes I'll use a worksheet from their workbooks.

3. Islam for Children by Ahmad Von Denffer - Another oldie but goodie. I use these for the prophet stories. They are very concise and well written and the graphics are reallly nice.

4. My First Book of Islam by Yahiya Emerick - Excellent book for the 4-5 year old babies when they first start. LOVE it. Like really love. Unfortunately, completely out of print unless you want to send away for Malaysia for one where it's $25!! Luckily we have one copy in this area still!

5. Islam for Younger People by Ghulam Sarwar - Great little book. I use this for reviewing stuff.

6. A Treasury of Islamic Values for Children by Goodword books - I found this recently and LOVe it. It has the cutest stories about being kind to animals and about the "popular girl" at school and so on. I think they're actually written by kids??! which totally amazes me. But they're really nice and have a 'lesson' at the end of each. Spelling Mommy as Mummy is odd though Wink
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2011 02:55 AM »

Salams,

I've been looking for something nice for our walls but had a hard time finding anything, so I went to dollar tree and found this nice bulletin board borders to make big squares to hang up the kid's artwork or well done tests or papers. I also found THE CUTEST wall stickers which are flowers so I put those in the younger girl's classroom. I couldn't find any nice posters anywhere so I made my own by taking pictures like the 5 pillars, prophet's tree or Allah's names and putting it into publisher and printing in poster size. I'll put them here if I can make them into PDFs. Then we pasted them together and colored them together to hang around the room. So far so good  teacher Hope this thread is helping someone/anyone??
silver
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2012 06:48 PM »

Salaams Sis J,

Yes the things that you post are very beneficial. Smiley Its good to have various resources so it helps when you are preparing for a particular topic. It gives you an idea about how you can convey the subject/story to the children. I like I love Islam book the best although I haven't seen the other books that you mentioned. I will see if they are in the library.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2012 11:14 PM »

asak
Back in Town... loving this thread!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2012 04:37 PM »

salam

jazaki Allah khair jannah.  Awesome is too small a word to describe how these tips, documents are.  Keep it up sis, masha'Allah.  

take care

p.s. I keep re-reading my posts and discovering vast grammatical/spelling mistakes. getting old i guess. excuse the errors. 
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2012 02:33 AM »

Various Puzzles and Worksheets type stuff
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #20 on: Jan 30, 2012 12:20 AM »

Making bookmarks, similar to the above, but I wanted them to fill it out...
nycmama

Reputation Power: 0
nycmama has no influence :(

« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2012 01:20 AM »

JAK,

What great attachments and links! Thanks so much for sharing.
nycmama

Reputation Power: 0
nycmama has no influence :(

« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2012 01:26 AM »

I had a quick question, i wanted to do some Quranic Sight words, common Quranic arabic words that would be good for beginning readers to see/use as they get used to reading Arabic.

I have done Allah, Mohammed, what would be other good words? Subhan Allah? Qul since the children are learning the 4 Qul suras?  If you can give me links to goo sights for the words simply put.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Feb 13, 2012 02:37 AM »

wsalam nycmama,

Check out some of those blogs up there ^ we linked to. There's a lot more stuff about Arabic studies that might help you!!
silver
Sis

« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2012 07:37 PM »

This is the collage that I created with the kids at Sunday school based on the idea posted at http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/prophet-muhammad/my-prophet-calligraphic-collage/.
This was also my entry for the Madina talent contest.  purplehijabisis
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: