Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic School/ Muslim Homeschooling Teachers Unite!  (Read 6310 times)
silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #25 on: Feb 16, 2012 07:40 PM »

The size of the image is quite big. Sis J, could you please fix this or tell me of some other way of posting the images?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #26 on: Mar 15, 2012 01:08 AM »

I want to add some things in here before the semester ends and I forget!!

Arabic letters practice... whole letters, then beginning, middle and end...

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Mar 15, 2012 01:18 AM »

My Heart Exercise for Kids

This is an exercise where they add a dot for every bad deed and erase one for every good deed. This is to teach them about the Ra'an on one's heart every time we do bad things. I actually completely changed the questions to be more personal like "In the last week, how many prayers did you miss" and so on. It made it much more personal for them and they would exclaim like "ohmagawd that's going to fill up my whole heart" when I said something like "how many times were you mean to your little brothers and sisters" lol. Then at the end when they saw their heart all filled up we did the good deeds and they erased some dots. And finally for homework during the week, they have to fill up their heart with good deeds and write them in there and we'll post them in the classroom.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #28 on: Mar 15, 2012 01:25 AM »

Prophet Story Report

Each student was assigned a "prophet" ie Adam, Nuh, Musa, Muhammad (s) and was given a story book about the prophet. Then a week later they came back with their "book report" below. It went really well and they enjoyed reading their story to the class. Then we made a big Prophet Tree bulletin board and put their reports inside them...
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #29 on: Mar 15, 2012 02:20 AM »

Loving your suggestions!
jannah- you posted a couple of video clips in the last competition on how to make videos- and i book marked them for that rainy day when i had time to learn. But the section was removed. Do you remember the urls for these?

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #30 on: Jun 01, 2012 03:43 PM »

Sr. Kathy Don't remember what they were, but you can just go to youtube and type in anything you're looking for, there are TONS of tutorials and helpful things on every video making subject!!

Ok I'll be adding some final pics and tests and projects here to close out the year! lol I'm worse than the kids can't wait for summer vacation!

ws

ps check out previous posts for pics that go with them...just uploaded them all from my iphone!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #31 on: Jun 01, 2012 03:52 PM »

Allah's Names Flower Project

So one of the projects I did with them in the Spring is have them memorize at least the first 10 names of Allah. Then they painted these cute little flowers that I got from the dollar store with craft paints and glitter. Then they each picked a different name of Allah to put in the middle along with the english meaning. The younger they were, the more they loved this one Smiley And very helpful in learning the different names. Next time I might even say they have to learn a certain number of names until they 'earn' a flower and even build 'gardens' like one for every 20 names until they complete the set ie tulip, sunflower, daisy etc.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #32 on: Jun 01, 2012 04:18 PM »

Good Muslim Project

We did this in the beginning of the year to get everyone motivated! Had each student complete the sentence "I want to be a good Muslim because...." and write a paragraph. The answers were really adorable and cute. We put them up in a bulletin board. Unfortunately didn't have time for all the glitter to dry so it went a little crazy, but the girl's definitely enjoyed decorating them after writing it for homework.

I don't have the template for this! It was just photocopied so u'll have to make ur own basic one like in Word or something..
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #33 on: Jun 01, 2012 04:32 PM »

These are pics of the Hajj poster boards. Can't add more attachments to that post.

Also just a 5 pillars sheet they colored first day of school. I think it's somewhere on the internet if you type in 5 pillars of islam..

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #34 on: Jun 01, 2012 05:40 PM »

Seerah

We covered the lessons on Seerah from their I Love Islam book which does an excellent job. Also wanted to show them the cartoon movie Muhammad (s) which is on youtube but no time! So for review had them read through this timeline and the Prophet Muhammad (s) family tree and giving them the test today!

Adding those here. Doubt they crawl the internet to find the answers Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: