// Revitalize Da'awah- the Forsaken Duty
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revitalize Da'awah- the Forsaken Duty  (Read 744 times)
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« on: Aug 19, 2011 04:37 AM »

Allah(SWT) says:
 bisms  
"(O Muhammad!) Say, this is my path, and I invite towards Allah(SWT) with full wisdom, I and my FOLLOWERS too: and Allah Pure, and I am not one of those who associate others with Allah(SWT)" Q 12:108

as

Few days back we had some visitors in our mosque. I envied them from the very first time I saw them. They dressed like Arabs; wearing Kuff(leather shoes) and with trousers halfway on ther shins. Tabarakallah!

These brothers(I reckoned 3 of them) in turn dilivered very inspiring Nasihah based on the above verse. They said based on that they form an organisation, embarking on Call to the Right Path! They said they travelled all the way from their home(from South) to our Zaria(in the North), to spend 40 days(spent 1 in our hostel mosque) in da'awah. These are servants of Allah, similitude of the Sahabah!

The point is, these brother before leaving, did one strange thing. They asked us to make pledges. The speaker said that whoever has the intention of da'awah in his lifetime should give out his name.

I murmured to myself "how do these people expect us to abandon school to join them?" The speaker as if he heard my mind said, "we are not asking you to join us. We rather want you to pledge to Allah that you will one day give your time to travel even for a day to do da'awah or in any capacity call to the Right path. We are collecting your names so that we could put you in our suplications for God to help you fulfill your pledge."

I then got their point. Of course giving one's name will be a motivation, after which the feeling of obligation will be hunting him. I willingly gave my name.

Now over to you people of the Madinah. Make that promise, SAY it and Allah will be your Guide!

With love,
Sadah.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2011 10:43 AM »

Tableeghi Jamaat is that group's name. Giving dawah is without a doubt, a good thing. But, the basis of their mission is a book called Fazail Aamaal, and many Ulema say that that book contains things pertaining to shirk and bidah in it. I've never read it and neither did I go with them. I am just reiterating what a lot of people say about them. If you wanna pledge and go with them, make sure you read that book first and find out whether they're on the right path or not.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2011 12:54 PM »

Tableeghi Jamaat is that group's name. Giving dawah is without a doubt, a good thing. But, the basis of their mission is a book called Fazail Aamaal, and many Ulema say that that book contains things pertaining to shirk and bidah in it. I've never read it and neither did I go with them.

Salam

You really raised an issue here. I am now in doubt because I never heard of that group until now but from what I just checked on net about them I can vaguely say they are not of the Ahl Sunna. But the people I saw, from their appearance and the speech they delivered resemble pious ones. But one cant judge from single meeting. Allah knows best. Notwithstanding, the message here is still on the track. We can think of how we shall do our own part of da'awah just like Sister Jannah's effort in managing this site. May Allah continue to guide us.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: