Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single muslim man is in want of a muslim wife.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well, well, well...  (Read 1685 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Sep 25, 2011 07:52 AM »

Not sure what to say.... This is very interesting. Sister se7en brought this to the attention of the Mafia from her contacts. A member of our board on a matrimonial site. Bruv, why didn't you come to us in the first place? We would have been happy to help you out. But since you're so against Da Mafia. Oh well.

We'll help you out by posting it here for everyone:

http://www.ratedesi.com/Abu_Khaled

Take care or as they say in Latin: Carpe Diem!

PS - What was that you were saying?? http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=3987.msg29784#msg29784 Can't hear you...busy checking out pictures here, sure 5 pics is enough?...The least we can do is rate you in the looks department right?

Abu Khaled
Bro

Reputation Power: 11
Abu Khaled has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2011 09:08 AM »

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=3987.msg29807#msg29807

busy checking out pictures eh? Rating looks too.

Always showin' off that piety you...

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2011 09:23 PM »

Salam,

I posted the link on Twitter so hopefully you'll have more ratings soon. No need to thank me. Maybe Facebook should be next especially with all my British friends so they can spread it around all over England. I'm sure everyone will be so happy to learn about the "real you". Again, no thanks necessary.

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2011 03:05 AM »

You know what you are implying Sis J? Abu Khaled created the Desi Profile on 25th Sept 2011 and Sis 7 had him in her contacts and reported to you before posting on 25th Sept 2011? Is that how the mafias strike? Leaving alot of flaws? Better try some other strategies.. Grin

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2011 04:04 AM »

Salam,

Yeah...he would have created the profile on the 25th and the worldwide sistahs network reported him on the 25th and that's when I posted about it...Nothing new about that!! I think twitter trended the earthquakes moments after it happened too!

Oh no! Looks like they deleted the picture of him and his "children", so sad Sad
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2011 10:42 AM »

Issue of global concern may be understanble but this one, I thnk shld rather be left 4 the Mafias..

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2011 02:07 AM »

Hmmm no word from Abu Khaled??

About to send this to Facebook so it can go viral...maybe I should add his personal email too so interested ladies can contact him? like the one below? cute

eHarmony Video Bio
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2011 02:37 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LOL!!!!!  I totally did not expect that at 0.40 seconds in....
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2011 10:32 PM »

Wow...
There's an animal hoarder in the making...
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2011 11:26 PM »

salam

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt Shocked

Tell me that's a hoax video purlease........that girl is utterly utterly bonkers!!!

'I just want cats, I want them in a basket, with little bow ties, in my bed and we all roll around...... '

Aside from the fact she's making a dating video she seems pretty normal, till the whole cat thing starts.............Frankly speechless!!!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2011 03:05 AM »

Its a Perfect Match for Abu Khaled! His dream girl!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2011 04:01 AM »

Hmmm chai

Since Abu Khaled gave me his password for his matrimonial sites before he went off on vacation, I checked his messages and he got a really nice message on the ratedesi site from a very pretty girl mashaAllah.

She writes "wow really 17 kittens? and i read the whole dam description....you mentioned the doctors have said you are making great improvements in socializing and something else from the incident.....what incident?"

He's well on his way to getting married ya jama'ah!! mashaAllah.  shaykh
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2011 07:56 PM »

Salam,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

I really didn't want to the post this, but I feel compelled to do so. Maybe it's the Shaiytaan that is giving me
these doubts. I'm going to still post anyway.

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "All of a human being's words count against him and not for him, except commanding the right, forbidding the wrong, and the mention of Allah Most High." [Tirmidhi]

I think we must all look within ourselves to see what we are writing on the forum & what we are posting. Especially as this forum is on a world platform. We are all accountable for our words in written form & in speech. One must not lose sight of the fact that we are all going to face our Creator and are answerable to him for what we lay out in the open, & what we have hidden in our hearts.

The importance of keeping guard over what our tongue utters is so important that the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said that he would guarantee Paradise to whoever could control his tongue and private parts from sin. The misuse of these is a common cause of being led to Jahannum. When Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) heard this, he put a large stone in his mouth to prevent himself from speaking without thinking. He would take the stone out if he had to speak, but then put it in again. How far we are from the example of the Sahabah...

Whilst most of the forum is Alhamdulillah very good, however some recent posts are casting a shadow on this great & valuable forum. I'm sure lots of members including the administrators have noticed how the forum has gone very quiet in recent weeks. What started out as a joke & in jest, doesn't seem to be all that funny anymore. Maybe I'm just being a stick in the mud and becoming all serious.

On the authority of al-Hasan (radi Allahu anhu), Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “A gate of paradise will open to one of those who mock people and a cry will be heard, ‘Come here, come here,’ and he will come forward in concern and anxiety, but when he reaches it, it will close in front of him. And this will happen again and again, until the gate will open and the cry ‘Come here, come here,’ will be heard as before, but he will not approach because he knows it will only close in front of him.” [Ibn Abi Dunya]

Ridiculing others is forbidden in Islam. Imam Nahlawi says: “Ridicule entails showing disdain, sarcasm, or contempt for another in a way that causes laughter, whether by mimicking another's words or actions, by a gesture or by allusion.” [Quoted in Umdat us Salik/ Reliance of the Traveller]

“Sarcasm that offends the person ridiculed is unlawful because of the insult and disdain involved, such as by laughing at his way of speaking, what he does, how he looks, or his physique because of a defect therein. To laugh at any of these is to commit ridicule that is unlawful.” [Reliance of the Traveller (A Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law) by Ahmad ibn Naqib al-Misri]

Allah the Exalted says, “O you who believe: let not some men deride others who might well be better than them; and let not some women ridicule others who might well be better than they. Do not belittle one another or insult one another with nicknames.” [Al-Quran 49:11]

In our society, it is considered cute to hurt people's feelings and respond to them with sarcasm. This tone is evident everywhere, and is especially prevalent in popular entertainment. The Islamic demeanor is the opposite of this. Even with people we dislike, we are still supposed to observe adaab: good manners, respect, and kindness.

I find it disheartening that people are actually making up matrimonial profiles, & fabricated stories from the chat. Personally I feel a line has been crossed. Isn't it a bit much where members are  going out of their way to create these so-called events & matrimonial ads. Are we not getting a tad too personal on an open forum? What kind of image are we portraying of ourselves? What message does it send out? Also, to the members of the board who should know better ( I include myself in this, as most of us cannot hide behind the fact that we are children anymore)  please also remember that there are many young brothers & sisters on the forum at present. What message are you giving them?

I'm sorry I have to post this. However I feel compelled to write this. Anything good I have said comes from Allah & anything bad or wrong comes from only myself or Shaiytaan. May Allah forgive me of my shortcomings in this post.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Oct 02, 2011 08:12 PM »

Wsalam,

OK people u guys do realize that these were jokes and not real right? And that br Abu Khaled and I both have real friendship/respect for each other as brother/sister in Islam. I hope :p

I think I saw your comments in the chat the other day as well. I understand how you feel. I think that humor is a very subjective thing. For some people something can be funny and to someone else it's offensive. I think especially for those who are new to the board (joined in the last year or two) they aren't really able to understand our relationships and interactions with each other which go back at least a decade. Rest assured br Abu Khaled and I (and whoever else) were just having some fun and there was nothing bad, untoward or any ridiculing involved. Nothing resembling reality, personal or having to do with real life or our real lives or real persons has been posted. It's all just silly nonsense. So just ignore it please if you find it unfunny or mean. It kind of reminds me of the teasing/pranks my brothers and I used to play on each other. I'm sure other ppl outside the family might think they were wrong, but they don't really understand where it's coming from.

So sorry for whoever found it offensive. And if there are children on the board I'm sure they've done much worse pranks on their friends Smiley And while yes we are all role models and examples, we live in a real world. U guys know I hate when things get all artificial. Maybe we should create a board for oldies, cuz it seems we have our own culture?

As for people not posting because they're 'offended' I can't really do anything about it if ppl don't find it funny. They should just avoid those posts perhaps. Personally I think this is our usual posting level on the board post Ramadan. Ramadan has it's own blessings mashaAllah.

ok ws

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2011 06:36 AM »

Salam,

OK just want to say one more thing about this.... as a general naseeha for all of us and I'll post this publicly since the last posts were public.

If someone thinks someone is doing something wrong, they should approach the person(s) in private first and ask them questions and assume first that they, the naseeha-givers themselves, have made the wrong assumptions or are confused or got it wrong; then after ascertaining everything they can broach the topic of giving the naseeha, and only in the case where they believe without a shadow of a doubt that they are right and that they will benefit the other.

In this case, none of the above was done and I feel that was not right, especially when it casts aspersions on both me and br Abu_Khaled. We both of us were not offended or felt any hint of ridiculing and quite enjoyed playing pranks on each other. That's the type of bro/sis relationship we have. If others are offended by this, that is their personal opinion and does not give them the right to publish their personal opinion as if it's an Islamic fatwa. Last I looked playing pranks is not haram, nor is satire, fiction, irony, humor, wittiness or creative writing.

The person should have came to us personally and asked if one of us was offended or hurt or felt a line had been crossed. OR if they just plainly thought it was not funny don't bother reading those threads.

As an aside, I see this happening in our communities over and over again. I mentioned the story about the Auntie who went ballistic in front of everyone over a girl who came to Jumah wearing tight jeans and a short shirt that rode up. And it turned out the girl (who was pregnant, hence the shirt rode up) was not Muslim and was brought there by her "Muslim boyfriend" to learn about Islam. I never saw her again.

I have this theory called "the haram rises to the top" theory. Basically it's whenever Muslims are together in any type of group, the person who is most conservative, more opinionated on what is Islamic prevails. Even when they are not correct. Or when there are other valid opinions. This is something I've fought on the board for years and still am. Honestly, if you go to other sites you'll see this pattern everywhere. A group will interact, post whatever and then someone will come in with their righteousness, then everyone slinks away.

I don't want this board to be that kind of place. I want people to post without fear and be comfortable being their real selves without censure. And I want us to accept each other and benefit each other in positive ways - not negative ways. I want people to assume what others write always in a good way, and not to jump to conclusions or see it negatively.

I do believe many in our ummah are more into prohibiting the evil (as they see it and as they decide) and less about enjoining the good. But this site is about what was written in the constitution all those years ago:

ARTICLE I: Purpose &Vision

Madinatul Muslimeen has been founded and built to be a fun, informative place so Muslims can get to know each other and support each other in becoming better Muslims.

In fact, I'd suggest people read the Constitution again just to reorient themselves and decide if this is the kind of place they are comfortable with:
http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=2.0

Lastly I'd just like to say Brother Abu Khaled has been an invaluable member of the board over the years. I know for a fact he has helped many, many posters with their questions and difficulties, and has defended many sisters from the onslaught of chauvenists and whatever. People have told me personally (in real life person) that his posts were the reason they started reading the board and getting more into Islam. I have learned a lot from his posts and personal style of writing and giving dawah. And he has given me support personally at crucial times during the evolution of this website. Every post he has written is with thought and care with the sole reason of benefiting the other. Even the ones written with irreverence have had their own purpose which others can't see. Knowledge, Hikmah and humor is something very rare. I have met him in person with my family and nothing I wrote in satire resembles reality which made it all the more funny for us but perhaps not for others. And I am sad when he leaves us for years at a time for his own studies and enrichment but understand that everyone has their own priorities.

The person who posted anonymously I'm sure did not know the above but they should have taken the time to ascertain it before posting. I think their post actually offended and perhaps in a tiny tiny way hurt br abu khaled by making assumptions about him. And he's probably left for another two years not wanting to deal with such things!! Sad

Ok the end.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: