Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  "presents" for girls Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 2014 09:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  "presents" for girls
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "presents" for girls  (Read 1487 times)
austmuslimah
Sis

Reps: 101

« on: Sep 25, 2011 08:06 PM »

Today I witnessed a scene between my parents that had me laughing and feeling a bit sorry.

My dad was out shopping for groceries, in the middle of which he called home and asked for my mom. After mom was done talking to dad, she was really really happy because apparently my dad was bringing home a surprise for her. She was so happy happy he might have got her a new perfume or chocolates or even some new house decorations she has been looking at.

Dad comes home... And the "present" is a new iron, because ours recently stopped working. I've never sen my moms face go from disappointment to upset so fast.

So guys... If you are ever giving a present then remember, if it's something hat is to do with more housework it doesn't really count as a present.
akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2011 08:41 PM »

hahaha...I read it already on some of those "marriage advice" threads but this is the first time I'm hearing that it really happens.
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2791

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2011 09:06 PM »

lols so true!! we once bought something cool for my mom that was for the house and my mom was like 'uhhh ok. thanks' so then we finally learned to buy her stuff that's only for her!!  flowersis
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2011 09:33 PM »

salam

Ah yes, I once got a present when I was married, it was .................... an oil filled heater, I paid electricity bills anyway so why he felt the need to buy 'me' an oil filled heater I'll never know.

On the other hand it was the only gift I ever got from him so I wasn't disappointed as I never expected anything, actually he also discovered I make really nice ice cream, so he bought me an ice cream maker too......... I do not eat desi style ice cream, he did, but the gift was for you know me!

Ah the memories.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2011 09:53 PM »

I think we had a thread on this before when a brother asked what present he should buy his wife?? Can't find it now tho... but if any brother needs help, just ask here and we'll give plentyyyy of suggestions Wink  Grin
moderatesufi
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2011 11:50 PM »

I think we had a thread on this before when a brother asked what present he should buy his wife??

Washing up liquid. Women can always do with more washing up liquid?

Smiley
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2011 06:23 AM »

Washing up liquid. Women can always do with more washing up liquid?

Smiley

I'm glad you put the smiley face, cuz that indeed would be ridiculous. Equivalent to her giving you garbage bags. Men can always do with more garbage bags right? I'm sure you'd be jumping for joy with those as a gift  Cheesy...

But really, one can never go wrong with jewelery and in today's market I'm sure they're some kind of investment for the family Wink

ws

ps. this thread needs some pretty things to cheer it up:

moderatesufi
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2011 08:33 AM »

Yes I would actually jump for joy if i got a dustbin bag(use the correct English).
At least it would mean getting something.
I can't remember the last time anyone ever gave me anything.
So getting a dustbin bag will be a welcome change.

But what I really wouldn't want is jewellery.
If someone bought me that, I would say, "are you trying to tell me that I am a poof?"
akhan
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2011 10:33 AM »

Totally understandable dude Wink
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1248

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2011 12:57 PM »

salam

Cheesy Cheesy

Totally understandable dude Wink

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
austmuslimah
Sis

Reps: 101

« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2011 03:46 PM »

I might be a major nerd/geek or whatever, but i love getting books for presents as well as jewelry

Esp if its a book I've been wanting to read for a while, its always nice when my brothers/dad remember and pick up a copy for me Smiley

I love giving pretty photo albums to people, you can never take too many photos! Its so much nice to print out photos onto nice photo paper and look at them rather than on facebook or just on the comp.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2011 06:04 PM »

I might be a major nerd/geek or whatever, but i love getting books for presents
Me too Smiley I just finished reading Donald Rumsfeld's memoirs, it was a gift my uncle gave me.
And I like watches too, although nobody except daddy dearest has ever given me one so I usually buy them myself Grin

Its so much nice to print out photos onto nice photo paper and look at them rather than on facebook or just on the comp.
That's why I'm old school Smiley There is always more pleasure in doing things the golden way.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - "presents" for girls

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines