// Help! Muktoob instead of Yahoo!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: On this show, your voice will be heard - in the form of my voice. - Steven Colbert
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Muktoob instead of Yahoo!  (Read 581 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Feb 01, 2012 10:47 PM »

Assalaamu Alaykum, everyone.

I (actually, my husband) needs some tech help.

Every time he logs onto his yahoo mail account, he now gets (as of last week) Muktoob.  He doesn't want it.  How do we get rid of it.

I tried to google "how to get rid of Muktoob" and I see that he is not alone.

However all the suggestions that everyone makes don't help.

Changing our home page to us.yahoo.com doesn't help.
Looking of the English button in the upper right hand corner doesn't help (it's not there).
One person suggested to add Muktoob to the list of restricted sites under Tools.  Can't find anything about restricting sites under options or tools.

Also, he tried a laptop he's never used before and his e-mail went straight to Muktoob.   Angry  Soooo... it's something with his yahoo account?

How do we get rid of it?Huh??

Thanks for any help.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2012 01:40 AM »

ws,

I thought u were talking about a virus at first, but I looked it up and it seems like yahoo wants users from certain countries to go to maktoob.yahoo.com instead of the regular yahoo.com. There's no option on your yahoo screen to go to yahoo.com?
rahma
Sis

rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2012 03:27 AM »

We can get to yahoo.com, but as soon as he tries to go to his yahoo mail, yahoo turns into Maktoob.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2012 08:42 PM »

Yea this happens to me a lot when I go visit my parents.

Try clearing your browser history. Then go to yahoo.com

If it automatically goes to Maktoob, you should be able to click on the button that says english, then click on the button that takes you to the US yahoo.

If this doestn work try going on the yahoo international page and selecting US from there.

Hope that helps!
rahma
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2012 09:42 PM »

Thanks, Sis Austmuslimah, but we've already tried all that. 

We get the regular Yahoo page, but it switches to Maktoob whenever he signs into his yahoo e-mail (there's no english button there).  On any computer.  (so it's not the computer...)  Something got switched within his Yahoo account. 

He  doesn't understand enough computer or internet to change it back and I don't understand enough Arabic to figure it out (don't suggest we work together..... Undecided).

He's even had one of his computer savvy friends over, and he couldn't figure it out....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: