// Do you know of any Muslim developers?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Whoever desires to purify his heart, then let him prefer Allah to his desires - Ibn al-Qayyim
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you know of any Muslim developers?  (Read 1555 times)
muslimgamer
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
muslimgamer has no influence :(

admin of muslimgamer.com

« on: Sep 26, 2011 07:07 PM »

Salamualeykum all,
Im on the hunt for some Muslim developers, ive tried searching everywhere for a site, a club anything really, it seems they are a rare breed? So I thought I would see if anyone knows any app developers here?

jazakAllah Smiley

Admin of the Muslim gamers website http://muslimgamer.com. Islam,Video Games, Technology, Apps and more, from the perspective of Muslim Gamers
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2011 08:17 PM »

ws,

Occasionally I get contacted by one or two about something they've developed but never heard of any type of organization. Maybe you could just look for Islamic apps and email the developers and ask them to join your site or do a write up about their product! Then you could have an area on your site where you feature these cool apps and things!!

muslimgamer
Bro

admin of muslimgamer.com

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2011 07:31 PM »

jazakAllah for the idea sister.  I want to run a series promoting a bunch of Muslim developers on the news site but its actually surprisingly hard to find them. If you do a search on google you will see there are posts scattered here and there but they all end up in dead ends and are usually a few years old. Sad

Its easy enough to find Islamic Apps on the app store or the Android store, but finding Game developers which haven't necessarily made an Islamic app or game is a lot harder as it could be any of the thousands of apps out there.

Great minds think alike Tongue I was hoping to have a developers section on the forums where they can get feedback and find beta testers from a group of Muslim nerds as we love that kind of stuff Tongue Im also fairly sure that the community would be happy to buy their apps or games to support them as they would have a direct relationship with the dev, works well both ways, now i just just need to find them Tongue

Admin of the Muslim gamers website http://muslimgamer.com. Islam,Video Games, Technology, Apps and more, from the perspective of Muslim Gamers
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2011 03:30 AM »

Salam bro,

This might be up your alley: http://muslimasoasis.com/apps/ looks like they review lots of muslim apps esp for kids...
muslimgamer
Bro

admin of muslimgamer.com

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2011 10:28 PM »

Salam bro,

This might be up your alley: http://muslimasoasis.com/apps/ looks like they review lots of muslim apps esp for kids...

jazakAllah sister, thank you for the find Smiley I have started looking through there to see what I can find Smiley

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2011 07:27 AM »

A.A.

The official cricket game of last worldcup was developed by Muslims. Look it up.

Also review the games by North Bay Solutions. Many of them are now being developed by Muslims in Pakistan, after NBSol acquired a Paki software company. I can hook you up with some game developers from there.

In other news, a friend and I are setting up a small venture for smartphone apps and kid learning games development. Let me know if any one reading this wants to partner in the next hottest apps on the market :-)

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
muslimgamer
Bro

admin of muslimgamer.com

« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2011 05:24 PM »

jazakAllah for the information Hard2Hit, ill check the ones you have listed out. Please keep us updated about any new apps you are working on or releasing inshAllah.

Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2011 04:48 AM »

Hard2Hit, great to know you are in the app development biz. Pakistan definitely has some excellent talents, cheap too, in the app world.

However, I still can't figure out how a MUSLIM developer would be different from a non  Huh?

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2012 05:32 AM »

AA Fellow Madinites

How many of you have an Android phone i.e. 2.2 or above. I mean Froyo or Gingerbread?

How often do you install apps on it? And are you usually concerned about any privacy or mal-apps issues?

Any information you might provide would be used for taking some decisions on a closed beta release of a privacy protection app for Android based smartphones!

Wasalam.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2012 08:54 PM »

As salaamu alaikum --

Android 2.3..x.  Yes, I'm very concerned about privacy and malware.  Unfortunately, the more locked-down the phone is, the less you can take advantage of the functionality.

I download an average of 1 app a week and keep about 25% of what I try out.  I scan for malware, review app permissions, and try to stick with recognized developers. 

What sort privacy protection would your app provide?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: