// Iphone vs Ipad vs....
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet. - Plato
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iphone vs Ipad vs....  (Read 3148 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #25 on: Oct 01, 2011 09:42 PM »

Not to turn this into a Steve Jobs thread (guess I should have post the above lecture and the following post in one about his quitting, etc, but for now, I'll share this comic, which a friend posted on FB): I think it's appropriate though, for this thread.  Smiley

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #26 on: Oct 01, 2011 11:43 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Slightly off tangent but I do believe there are now Apps out there which allow you to log in to message boards and forums and post via your smartphone instead of having to do it through your mobile browser which is a real pain.

For the Brits on board, that new Apple store at the Olympic Park in Stratford is pretty spiffy bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Oct 02, 2011 06:59 AM »

funny icartoon there bro Wink and just to be clear the dell mini is not a netbook although they have that too!! it's just a smaller laptop.

Also, re apps:
there's an app for SMF forums like this one called tapatalk. I haven't installed it cuz I didn't think that many ppl actually viewed the board via smartphones!!  And even if I did, for ppl to download it the free version is just read only for the board, and the regular one is $2.99 I didn't think anyone would actually buy it??! But if you guys want I can install it and you guys can check out the read only one at least.......... iphone!
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #28 on: Oct 02, 2011 07:30 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

But if you guys want I can install it and you guys can check out the read only one at least....

Yes, please do.

It will be interesting to see how much faster it is to navigate around the board and sometimes these apps go on special offer where you can pick them up for free!!

PS I wonder if Apple have patented iSpy? Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #29 on: Oct 02, 2011 08:23 AM »

Ok try it out peeps and let me know if it works??

iPhone Lite version: http://itunes.com/app/tapatalkro
Android versions can be obtained at Android market.
BlackBerry OTA download (FREE): http://www.tapatalk.com/bb/
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #30 on: Oct 02, 2011 08:30 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Okay I just logged in using the App and it rather helpfully shows you all your unread posts when you first come on.

I will have to test this out some more but looks pretty easy to use but not sure how we get all our smileys!!!

WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #31 on: Oct 04, 2011 07:02 PM »

So much for iPhone 5 . . it's the 4S, but that Siri system is pretty sweet . . .

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/apples-lets-talk-iphone-keynote-liveblog/

Nafs
« Reply #32 on: Oct 05, 2011 07:46 PM »

^ What's the Siri system?

That's a lot of info ... :| anyone want to summarize?
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #33 on: Oct 05, 2011 08:36 PM »

Boo no new iphone just an operating system upgrade... though a white iphone 4s does make my mouth water lol

Basically Siri is a voice control system in the iphone, a very intelligent one.

It can answer questions by going online to find the answer, it can recognize commands such as setting alarms or sending messages or putting meetings/dates in calendars, checking calendars to plan and schedule days.

Basically its another way to make use of the phone "hands free"
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #34 on: Oct 07, 2011 12:06 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

It can answer questions by going online to find the answer, it can recognize commands such as setting alarms or sending messages or putting meetings/dates in calendars, checking calendars to plan and schedule days.

But can it tell you why you always crash out when you're just about to post something on the board !?!

But seriously, I think Sr Fozia nailed it when she said it would be better to wait for the iPhone 6 which is now going to be the iPhone 5!!!

No Siri, definitely not impressed!! Wink

austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #35 on: Oct 07, 2011 12:27 PM »

Im not particularly impressed either, it was a disappointment to me. Plus the phone is very exp, and I had banked on a completely new phone. Oh well.

Now to decide whether or not to get it hmmmm.....
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #36 on: Oct 07, 2011 08:28 PM »

Came across this the other day:

Why Apple released an iPhone 4S

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/therootdc/post/why-apple-released-an-iphone-4s/2011/10/05/gIQAtxyCOL_blog.html

Nafs
« Reply #37 on: Oct 08, 2011 08:10 AM »

I am not a techy... and have never owned an apple product, but after dealing with horrible windows OS, I was excited about the Iphone 5. I am with Sprint so I'll be getting locked into a contract... anyone advise anything? I can't afford to pay $600 four months later Tongue
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #38 on: Nov 17, 2011 09:51 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Has the Tapatalk app been deactivated? I can't log in and have to use the dreaded Safari instead!!

On topic, not quite sure if that Siri thing will take off. It sounds like that hybrid they tried between the the iPhone and the iPad. iPhad anyone? Wink

Nafs
« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2011 10:05 PM »

Walaikum Asalaaam,

I am new to Apple and just got the iPhone 4s, I am still learning but I kinda like Siri....  since I am new I find most of the stuff really awesome lol.

I used to have an HTC phone, hopefully I'll never have to go back!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #40 on: Nov 18, 2011 06:55 AM »

Has the Tapatalk app been deactivated? I can't log in and have to use the dreaded Safari instead!!

Hmmm should still be there? I'll try reinstalling the app right now and see if that does something....
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #41 on: Nov 18, 2011 11:02 AM »

Hehehe

Nafs
« Reply #42 on: Nov 21, 2011 05:31 AM »

^ LOL that's just tooooo cute  Embarrassed
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #43 on: Feb 06, 2012 06:07 PM »

Lol I feel like this when talking to some bros these days. I guess the new lowering your gaze is "look down at your phone" !!
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #44 on: Feb 07, 2012 11:49 AM »

A.A.

^Bad jokes aside...

^^Bad jokes, aside =)

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: