// The Baking Thread!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Know that the reality of freedom is the perfection of servitude. -Al-Qushayri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Baking Thread!  (Read 1032 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 01, 2011 02:49 AM »

Salams,

Ppl we really need a thread about baking yummy stuff!! Like stuff we can try or interesting gadgets and ideas... Here's the first thing I wanna try, mmm :

cookie cookie cookie cookiemonster  baker pancakemaker

Flip Over a Muffin Tin to Make Delicious Ready-to-Fill Cookie Bowls

The dream of enjoying cookies and milk—or cookies and ice cream—at the same time is real, and all you need to do it is cookie dough and a muffin tin. Flip the muffin tin over, form the cookie dough around the cups instead of inside it, and bake the tin upside down. When the dough is cooked through, you'll have cookie cups, ready for any delicious filling.

You don't have to use pre-made cookie dough for this trick: cookie maker Wilton actually has the recipe for these sugar cookie bowls on their site. They also happen to sell cookie bowl "pan," but you can use any upturned muffin tin and your own favorite cookie recipe to make this work.

austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2011 08:43 PM »

This is the fastest treat I have ever made, microwave chocolate cake in a mug.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/72684/microwave-cake-in-a-coffee-mug.html

its so fast, and its great for winter nights while watching tv or snuggling up with a book Smiley plus u bake and eat all in one so the mess is minimal!!!

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2011 11:05 PM »

salam

I shall return shortly with some eggless cake recipes.....providing they are amazing.

In the mean time I covet this

I want my entire kitchen to be kitted out with Kitchen aid products (I can dream).

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2011 11:32 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

There was me thinking this baking thread was about the heatwave we are having and the fact we just had the hottest 1 October since records began Wink

More of the same tomorrow, I'm off to find the sunglasses and deckchair smiley Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2011 03:43 PM »

I made the nicest chocolate cake today, if i do say so myself

chocolate sponge with coffe cream filling, chocolate icing and cream on the sides !!

wish i had a chance to take photos but my dad + 2 brothers + little sis were onto that cake and have eaten 3/4 of it already

recipie from womens weekly:

Chocolate Fluff Sponge
4 eggs separated 1/4 cup arrowroot
pinch salt 1/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup castor sugar 2 tablespoons honey
3/4 cup SR flour 2 tablespoons hot water
Beat egg-whites and salt until soft peaks form, add sugar gradually, beat well. Add yolks, beat until combined. Sift dry ingredients several times, fold gently into egg mixture. Melt honey in hot water, fold into mixture and mix well.
Pour mixture into 2 well-greased deep 20cm tins. Bake in moderate oven 15 to 20 minutes.

Coffee Cream
1 cup cream
2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
2 tablespoons icing sugar
Combine cream, coffee and sugar, beat until thick

the icing i made on my own without recipie, just butter icing sugar and a tiny bit of coffee+honey

decorated the sides with cream and put chocolate shavings on the top and presentation is pretty!!
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2011 05:44 PM »

That sounds reallly yummy! I was trying to think of some Eid treats to make, esp for the kids in my classes. But there's just too many to do cupcakes, so i was thinking maybe choc chip cookies or peanut butter cookies with kisses like these?

Save your pics, we're going to have a Madina's Got Talent after Eid and baking is definitely a talent! The scary thing is if we try to get Abu_khaled to be Simon!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: