Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Humility: The Prophet said: 'God has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another and boasts over another.' (Sahîh Muslim, Sunan Abî Dawûd)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirituality?  (Read 705 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Oct 02, 2011 12:10 AM »

Has anyone ever thought about the possibility that to be a spiritual person you don't have to join anything, follow anyone, or even believe in anything ie buddha, jesus, allah, god?

Has anyone ever thought about how small religion cuts the fabric of life?  Do you ever get the feeling that there is something so immense and unfathomable out there that there is no way it can boil down to following a single book and deity?

Google spooky particles at a distance or the double slit experiment just to get a taste of what I mean.  It will change your way of looking at the world forever.  And remember, these are reproducible experiments conducted by scientists not some evil force.  It's a magic carpet ride....wheeeeeeeeeee

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2011 06:45 AM »

The question you bring up is what is spirituality? According to wikipedia:
Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;1. an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.” 2.  Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual's inner life; spiritual experience includes that of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm. 3.  Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life. 4.  It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world.

So I can't see someone being spiritual if they don't believe in anything or don't follow anything. If they're still spiritual it's just because they've made up their own belief and what to follow!

It's kind of like when atheists say they don't believe in any religion?? Reallyyy I think atheism is its own religion! You believe there is no God, and I believe there is!

The more I learn about new science, the more I'm just amazed that human beings are not humble. We actually know nothing...

Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2011 07:55 PM »

Spirituality and Dr. Quantum

Try to ignore the cartoonish nature of the video.  It does an excellent job of explaining the mysterious properties of our sub-atomic world.  It literally drove Einstein insane.  He went screaming to his grave that god does not play dice with the universe and that he would somehow figure this all out. I know I've lost sleep trying to figure it out but at about 4am I remind myself that if Einstein couldn't explain it what chance do I have.  I still love the double slit experiment.  Just thinking about it makes me smile. Hope it does all of you as well.

http://youtu.be/DfPeprQ7oGc

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2011 09:51 PM »

Dude/dudette...why on earth does the double slit fascinate you so much? I'm an engineering student and I've used that concept many times and it has only frustrated me Tongue

Anyway, I get what you're trying to say about the dual nature of particles. Baffling as it is, similarly, the One who created that phenomenon is indescribable Himself - in short, God. He creates these kinds of things to make us aware of His capability which is far away from what we can imagine.

As a side note, I read somewhere that atheism is just denial.
Best way to find out, put atheists on a plane and while it's in mid air, tell 'em it's gonna crash. All of them will want some kind of miracle to happen. Who makes those miracles happen? God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: