// What is Witr?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Unity: The Prophet said: 'Believers are like a single person; if his eye is in pain his whole body pains, and if his head is in pain his whole body pains.' (Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Witr?  (Read 3673 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2011 06:54 PM »

salam,

Anyone else want to post how many lessons they got from the hadith before br abu khaled posts the answer??  oldshaykh
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #26 on: Sep 01, 2011 01:03 AM »

ws,

PEOPLE!!  Angry Now he's going to like come back in two years and tell us the answer Sad  :'(
AbdulBasir
Bro

Reputation Power: 8
AbdulBasir has no influence :(

« Reply #27 on: Sep 03, 2011 09:38 PM »

salaam

Eid Mubarak to everyone in the Madina! I saw AbuKhaled, BrKhalid bro, and jannah all in the same thread and wondered how long it had been since that happened and had to post. It's like we're back in 2000 again. Methinks my reps need updating too if its 10 reps per year  Cheesy

Wishing you all the best! Inshallah I'll check back in the Madina two years from now when AbuKhaled posts his answer Wink
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #28 on: Sep 03, 2011 10:50 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

A Br AbdulBasir sighting!!

Just like the hilal, if you blinked you probably missed it Wink

Eid Mubarak to you and the family and how apt that you should resurface in the months of Hajj bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #29 on: Sep 06, 2011 08:05 AM »

A Br AbdulBasir sighting!!

Just like the hilal, if you blinked you probably missed it Wink

Lol so true... the only oldie  oldshaykh that we don't see sightings of is abu_hamza but as he's my brother-in-law i can tell u he's very busy right now!!

Br AbdulBasir I visited your hometown and even went to the shadiest islamic bookstore ever! Quite an adventure... we were kinda afraid to get out of the car. But we're New Yorkers so before we went in we had one stay in the car as a get-away driver, one of us went up and rang the buzzer between the TWO Bullet proof plate glass DOORs and the other one covered us. Alhamdulillah we got some good books ;0

ws
maya
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
maya has no influence :(

« Reply #30 on: Sep 08, 2011 07:01 AM »

Abu Khaled-

I apologize for such a delayed response.  Angry Visiting family takes up much TIME.. Your reply was like dessert to read, I merely skimmed over it now but tomorrow shall come back to it with coffee in my hand with my mind afresh. Mashallah, brother you really know your stuff  thobebro ! I am thoroughly impressed and honored you took the time to educate the mind of a newbie.
Alhamdulilah, may Allah (swt) bless you and increase your faith, bestowing upon you so much happiness and blessings that your cup runneth over brother.  bebzi All the days of your life.  loveshower <---like this is how you feel inshallah.  To all the rest, again forgive me for having not replied earlier...I will come back tomorrw, you've provided me with much MUCH good educational things to read thanku

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands,
maya
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
maya has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: Sep 08, 2011 07:16 AM »

Be wary of approaching random people about your Deen, for whilst there may be many well-meaning folk, there are equally as many who are unlearned. And unfortunately you find - in these days of information gratification at the click of a mouse - people who have a false sense of their own "knowledge" just because they've read this article or that article on the web. That is not the way one learns Islam, so such "learning" needs to be contextualised. What they possess is often just information, not true learning. True learning comes from - ideally - sitting at the feet of Rightly-Guided Ulema [Scholars], as they are the true heirs of our Elect Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wassalam. The difficulty is that for someone who is new in their learning, anyone else who seems to know more than them, can be perceived to be knowledgeable in the Deen, which is often not the case. One way of identifying someone who has sound Islamic knowledge is to observe how cautious they are in what they say. That is reflective of taqwa [God-consciousness], for the more one learns, the more careful one is with what they allow themselves to say/write. Because they realise that them being allowed 'ilm [knowledge] of this Deen is by the grace and bounty of their Lord - subhanahu wa ta'ala - not through their own efforts. So that humility and respect towards the Sacred Knowledge is manifested in their deference towards it. They will hesitate before saying something is wrong, and they will show restraint before saying something is right. It is related - on the authority of our teachers, may Allah ta'ala preserve and prolong them all - that once a man asked Imam ash-Shafi'i - radhi'Allahu 'anh - a question, and the Imam didn't answer. The man then pressed for the answer, and the Imam is related to have replied, "Not till I know what is best for my hereafter, to answer or to remain silent."

This is so spot on, this comes from such a deep place! what a highly spiritual man you must be, these reflections are so deep and perfectly articulated, they will put me to bed with epiphanies on the way, subhanallah!

I will take your advise and see what I can learn about Imam ash-Shafi'i - radhi'Allahu 'anh. You're advise was what I needed to hear, so many times with the ease of wiki-ing and googling answers, I feel awkward to post them- Answers, are at our hands, but you're right opinions are as many as there are names on this earth. And usually one is only correct.

I will most SURELY check on the classes at http://islamicvillage.podomatic.com/ on Sira because they have my soul watering for such glorious reads.

Cheesy  Please make du'a for this wretch.
For this COMIC, you mean. You're a riot, I will ignore the OVER modest and humble attitude, you're really helped this newbie out. I'm giving thanks that we have such a wonderful, all inspiring teacher like you and others here, ! Your words are delightful.

loveshower <--- me. Many thanks to all who replied.

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands,
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: